Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblebob5

fucking weed.. - {help please} *DELETED*
    #11244321 - 10/14/09 06:24 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Post deleted by bob5

Reason for deletion: .

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleUnholyChild666
I'M GOD
Male
Loc: Flag
Re: fucking weed.. - {help please} [Re: bob5]
    #11244328 - 10/14/09 06:29 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

get a hobby, idle hands my friend.

--------------------

"I am the Highest Power the leader of the pack"

Actiavte My Dream Sequence Machine

GOD of the hologram earth

Invisibletiny_rabid_birds
Nocturnal
 User Gallery

Loc: estados unidos Flag
    #11244335 - 10/14/09 06:31 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

doing something else to take your mind off of it is pretty much the only way.  i know you said you don't think you can get into anything new, but you need to keep yourself busy so you have less time to dwell on the thought of smoking.

get out and exercise.  exercise is a proven treatment for depression.  and if you're physically exhausted at the end of the day, you'll sleep easier with less temptation to smoke.

that's all i can tell you.  pick up a hobby and exercise.

--------------------

Offlinebryguy
Enigma
 User Gallery

Loc: ooo
Re: fucking weed.. - {help please} [Re: tiny_rabid_birds]
    #11244359 - 10/14/09 06:42 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I don't know anything about your particular case but meds never worked well for me when coming off weed. They all felt like dim substitutes for what I had given up and seemed more like artificial filler than a real solution.

Exercise and hobbies are all great advice but if your anything like I was you're probably feeling too lazy to do anything but sit around.

B vitamins worked really well for me. Marijuana depletes the brain of them. Try something like Centrum Performance, it's a multivitamin you take everyday that also has a number of different B vitamins, and if you need an extra kick those 5 hour energy drinks are loaded with them.

--------------------
Life is a tale, told by an idiot, full of sound and fury and signifying nothing

Invisiblebob5

Re: fucking weed.. - {help please} *DELETED* [Re: bryguy]
    #11244403 - 10/14/09 07:06 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Post deleted by bob5

OfflineFungus Amongus
Spore Herder
Male User Gallery

Loc: FL
    #11244415 - 10/14/09 07:11 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Model cars and planes work for me. Go to your local hobby shop.

Maybe you're creating an unobtainable goal.... what about just having 1 spliff a day? make it a reward for accomplishing a day's goal... like building the engine on your 1959 Ford Thunderbird model car... :smile:

--------------------
I hate long winded signatures.

Invisiblebob5

Re: fucking weed.. - {help please} *DELETED* [Re: Fungus Amongus]
    #11244433 - 10/14/09 07:19 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Post deleted by bob5

OfflineFungus Amongus
Spore Herder
Male User Gallery

#11244440 - 10/14/09 07:23 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

bob5 said:
heh...  that's actually a really good idea. 
i used to be bang into 'warhammer 40k'  :tongue2:

me too... till I spent 70 bucks, worked for 3 weeks, finished 15 guys and saw my cousins collection of like 200 pieces and resigned.

--------------------

Invisiblebob5

Re: fucking weed.. - {help please} [Re: Fungus Amongus]
    #11244456 - 10/14/09 07:29 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

yeah lol...      i spent so much money, worked like a dog.

warhammer done properly, is unfortunately a way of life.
I gave up when i realized i had no life other than warhammer

but a nice car or plane could be the ticket..

thanks
b

Edited by bob5 (12/14/09 03:22 PM)

OfflineFungus Amongus
Spore Herder
Male User Gallery

#11244464 - 10/14/09 07:35 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

A nice collection of high value sports cars in your apartment is both art and great conversation pieces:

hot chick " oooooo cool cars! where did you get them?"

you " I built them by hand"

hot chick (sucking your dick) "mmmmffffrrfmfmmmmmfffrfffmmmm"

--------------------

OfflineStaleShrooms
human after all
Male

Loc: Detroit
Re: fucking weed.. - {help please} [Re: Fungus Amongus]
    #11244528 - 10/14/09 08:03 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

weed dependance is a mental dependance. which means its all in your head(i'm NOT saying that that makes it any easier to quit). not your body.  you need something to distract your mind. try to just take a couple days off of whatever you do and focus on doing something you love, and fight the urge to smoke. stress will make it harder so take it easy,but do not be sedentary. make sure you are still active while keeping your stress at bay. running or biking (i prefer running) is an EXCELLENT way to do this. just go for one two mile run (or just one'll do the job if you really dont feel like it) and you should feel what i'm talking about. when you're running all your problems melt away and you dont feel anything but your body. the mind is the source of stress and anxiety and depression. the body is the source of stability and calm. the body houses the spirit, whereas the head houses the mind.  the source of stress, anxiety and depression is living too much in your head. so you need to do something to get you more into your body, and out of your mind (if this doesnt make sense just ask and i'll explain it more if you're interested)

also, i've heard that mushrooms are wonderful for mental addictions

but i see you're on prozac so that'll block the effect of mushrooms.  if the prozac isnt doing you any good because you keep smoking, you might as well not take them until you quit anyway. so if you think its worth it, ditch the meds for a little while so you can trip and get to the bottom of this. then, promptly resume your meds. when i was on prozac (on lexapro instead now) i could stop taking it for like two weeks and still feel the effects, trip, and then get back on my meds without having any major problems. so if you feel comfortable with that, its an option. be careful tho because if your anxiety is too bad it COULD cause a bad trip, although i found ways to manage my anxiety during trips. if you do decide to do it i find its easiest tho start the trip with .25mg of xanax, and then take another .25mg if you encounter anxiety that you fear you might not be able to control

i would recommend mushies and running, but whatever you do it should definitely include physical excersize. i know its tough to get yourself to go for a run, but (atleast for me) as soon as you begin to run you'll feel all your pent up stress and anxiety melt off your body and be left behind as soon as you start to run.  this'll make you run faster for the first five minutes as its just SUCH a freeing feeling of escape that will last even after your run.

either way, good luck to you!

EDIT:

Quote:

bob5 said:
i'll try the vitamins.   
but i'm really at a loss. i get so obsessed about weed when i don't have it.. even though i hate 90% of it's effects. :grrr: 

its like this for a lot of people. after a couple days (to a maximum of a week), it gets a LOT easier. it was like this for me when i quit (three weeks ago). just hold out to that point.

also, if you've been trying to quit everyday for two years, you need to take a break from the mindset that you need to quit. get it out of your mind, enjoy your pot for a while and just let it BE. then, after a week or two(would be better) decide "okay. THIS is my quit attempt. and THIS is the day i will not smoke." make a plan for yourself ahead of time. mentally prepare yourself for a life without weed. maybe even tell your friends and family your new tactic. or dont, if they wouldnt understand. but trying to quit everyday is only discouraging you from ACTUALLY quitting.

its clear you TRULY want this. all you need are the right tools. you have the energy and motivation to quit. now work on channeling that constructively towards a productive means.

good luck!

--------------------
Kick is seeing things from a special angle. Kick is momentary freedom from the claims of the aging, cautious, nagging, frightened flesh. Maybe I will find in yage what I was looking for in junk and weed and coke. Yage may be the final fix.

~William S. Burroughs

Edited by StaleShrooms (10/14/09 08:14 AM)

OfflineRocker232
Stranger

#11244542 - 10/14/09 08:06 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

bob5 said:
i'm so bored of trying to quit.  (carrying on is not an option..)

it's ruined alot of my life... and now that i've been diagnosed; ocd, severe deppression, social phobiae.t.c  -  i still can't quit  :sad:

i'm on prozac.. - which so far is working well (with a few side effects)
however the prozac/weed combo brings out the worst of both drugs in me.
and the weed is also messing with the prozacs' ability to work.

i've tried everything but i can't seem to get clear.
today i've already smoked a spliff, but have now run out. but as always that early spliff..
will leave me crippled with fatigue and the idea of smoking more for the rest of the day...
if anyone can give me some personal tips, i'd love to hear them..

while i'm waiting for the meds to kick in fully... my symptoms are still bad, and prevent me from going out much or getting 'into new thing'
which is the normal advice i've received.
sucks
b

Weed is NOT doing this to you man. I blamed weed for a long time too. Have you tried meditation? Stop eating shitty prescription drugs and actually tackle your problems.

--------------------
With Allure I Look to the Sky With Awakened Eyes

Offlinenice1
Not the droid your looking for
 User Gallery

Loc: earth
    #11244543 - 10/14/09 08:06 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Going on holiday helped me quit.

A week in Spain with no weed and I came back without addiction.  I didn't smoke for 6 months after that until I was sure I was in control not the addiction.:cool:

OfflineStaleShrooms
human after all
Male

Re: fucking weed.. - {help please} [Re: Rocker232]
    #11244586 - 10/14/09 08:21 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Rocker232 said:
Quote:

bob5 said:

it's ruined alot of my life... and now that i've been diagnosed; ocd, severe deppression, social phobiae.t.c  -  i still can't quit  :sad:

today i've already smoked a spliff, but have now run out. but as always that early spliff..
will leave me crippled with fatigue and the idea of smoking more for the rest of the day...

while i'm waiting for the meds to kick in fully... my symptoms are still bad, and prevent me from going out much or getting 'into new thing'
sucks
b

Weed is NOT doing this to you man. I blamed weed for a long time too. Have you tried meditation? Stop eating shitty prescription drugs and actually tackle your problems.

i agree, my shrink told me weed was causing my problems despite my persistence that i had had all these problems since WAYYY before i started smoking, but i humored her and quit for three weeks (so far) and it hasnt helped. but you really gotta find out for yourself, if not to help your symptoms, then to exercise some self controll over your situation (a feeling of lack of control over your addiction is surely contributing to your depression and anxiety). so despite this, you definitely need to quit. or atleast take a BARE minimum of two monthes away from weed. i'm tellin you it gets WAYYY easier after the one week mark.

but do not stop taking your meds.  lots of people on this board like to say that the "greedy pharmaceutical companies are getting you addicted to poison filled SSRI's and their bad for you." and other such nonsense. do any of these people have psych degrees? no. do they have any sort of qualifications to make claims like this? certainly not.  your doctor went to school for atleast 8 years in order to treat you so they KNOW their shit. meds helped me a lot.

--------------------
Kick is seeing things from a special angle. Kick is momentary freedom from the claims of the aging, cautious, nagging, frightened flesh. Maybe I will find in yage what I was looking for in junk and weed and coke. Yage may be the final fix.

~William S. Burroughs

OfflineRocker232
Stranger

Re: fucking weed.. - {help please} *DELETED* [Re: StaleShrooms]
    #11244618 - 10/14/09 08:33 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Post deleted by Rocker232

Reason for deletion: A user quoted asked me if I could take it down.

--------------------

OfflineStaleShrooms
human after all
Male

Re: fucking weed.. - {help please} [Re: Rocker232]
    #11244668 - 10/14/09 08:52 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

some antidepressants cause increase in suicidal thoughts in some people only when you are starting the medication. the suicidal thoughts are also not usually depression related, but people get extremely agitated on SSRI's and then begin contemplating suicide. in any case, he is already on SSRI's and thus has passed this hurtle already, so this issue does not apply to him.

i realize that everyone is different but when i attempted meditation it left me more depressed than when i started. maybe i wasnt doing it right? idk.

also, you are on this board because you put chemicals into your brain. you use some sort of chemical (this is a drug related board. why are SSRI's any different than the chemicals you consume? anxiety and depression are the result of chemical imbalanaces. maybe meditation can help, but it cannot fully remedy the natural deficit of serotonin that causes depression and anxiety.

why would you avoid therapy? its tremendously helpful and can only help you and supplement the meditation and internal work you are doing to fix yourself.

--------------------

~William S. Burroughs

Edited by StaleShrooms (10/14/09 10:42 AM)

OfflineNeuron
Tek Savant
Male

Loc: @meriKa
    #11244717 - 10/14/09 09:04 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

bob5 said:

sucks
b

If you're a true champion, you can follow the advice that others have given- exercise, etc.

or

you can check yourself into NA(Narcotics Anonymous)- for the rest of us.

good luck, and do what's best for your future.

--------------------

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: fucking weed.. - {help please} [Re: nice1]
    #11244730 - 10/14/09 09:08 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

nice1 said:
Going on holiday helped me quit.

A week in Spain with no weed and I came back without addiction.  I didn't smoke for 6 months after that until I was sure I was in control not the addiction.:cool:

I like the sound of that.  For me, I have to totally break up my conditioning to quit my addiction.  That means getting away for awhile, doing something different, etc.  The best way for me is just leaving the scene, switching towns for a bit. 

I don't want to quit pot forever, but a year or so off would do wonders for me, I am sure.

OfflineRocker232
Stranger

Re: fucking weed.. - {help please} [Re: StaleShrooms]
    #11244748 - 10/14/09 09:11 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

StaleShrooms said:
someantidepressants cause increase in suicidal thoughts in some people only when you are starting the medication. the suicidal thoughts are also not usually depression related, but people get extremely agitated on SSRI's and then begin contemplating suicide. in any case, he is already on SSRI's and thus has passed this hurtle already, so this issue does not apply to him.

i realize that everyone is different but when i attempted meditation it left me more depressed than when i started. maybe i wasnt doing it right? idk.

also, you are on this board because you put chemicals into your brain. you use some sort of chemical (this is a drug related board. why are SSRI's any different than the chemicals you consume? anxiety and depression are the result of chemical imbalanaces. maybe meditation can help, but it cannot fully remedy the natural deficit of serotonin that causes depression and anxiety.

why would you avoid therapy? its tremendously helpful and can only help you and supplement the meditation and internal work you are doing to fix yourself.

I am a firm believer that the mind can be known through investigation. I have discovered my problems by myself without having to pay a dime. Look I am not saying medicine of the mind is a joke, I'm not. But how much of it is chemical imbalance? He states he has OCD, do you understand OCD the way you understand depression? I could completely disagree with a thought in my mind, but when you hear it over and over again, how do you know its just a thought? Its very easy to become trapped by it. Depressive thoughts being stated over and over again. How much of it is depression and how much of it is the obsession?

The beginning route of meditation is rough because it makes all your problems clear. The problems are there whether you look at them or not. Whether you address them or not is up to you. If I had not been where the OP is now I would not say things like this. I avoided therapy because I did not want to go on medication. As much pro-marijuana I am as well as LSD and Mushrooms, I do not like drugs. I have never tried anything outside of these three other than Xanax. And even with Xanax I have never take more than one dose (which was a .25, and I was only given 20). I moreso use Xanax now a days to fall asleep after a trip. You didn't create a depression, your mind did. The 'down thoughts" you have are caused by perception. Surely if the mind is capable of "breaking" something it is just as capable of "fixing" it as well.

I don't get really, meditation has changed my life so much and every time I try and tell others they shun it. You can meditate doing anything. You do not have to sit in lotus and hum. You can go for a walk, you can stare at a tree, you can listen to music, play guitar. IT IS ALL MEDITATING. I am not saying you are wrong for taking perscription drugs, I am simply saying that I never wanted to go down that route.

--------------------

Invisiblestedenko
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: fucking weed.. - {help please} [Re: StaleShrooms]
    #11244751 - 10/14/09 09:12 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

anxiety and depression are the result of chemical imbalanaces.

Bullshit

In reality, science does not have the ability to measure the levels of any biochemical imbalance in the tiny spaces between the nerve cells (the synapses) in the brain of a human being. All the talk about biochemical imbalances is sheer speculation aimed at promoting psychiatric drugs.

This is why every SSRI commercial states "depression and anxiety may be caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain" If you want serotonin, eat its natural precursor, psilocybin mushies.

Johns Hopkins Mushroom Study

http://www.healinghq.com/health-articles/disease-a-illness/112-depressiondrugfacts.html

http://www.wired.com/medtech/drugs/magazine/17-09/ff_placebo_effect?currentPage=all

What of Learned behavior, conditioned response, environmental factors, early head traumas[/url].

--------------------
Ratings are bullshit, opt out...
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10525736#10525736

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies