Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNecro
Stranger

ooh Shiny
    #11243891 - 10/14/09 01:54 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Check out:
http://www.universityscientific.com/product.php?xProd=31&xSec=2

do u guys think its worth the cash or if it grows potent mushrooms?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDamnskippi
Rookie
Male

Loc: I dont remember anymore.....
Re: ooh Shiny [Re: Necro]
    #11243953 - 10/14/09 02:13 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

:facepalm: 

spend like a day browsing this site and u will answer youre own question.

ps. http://mushroomvideos.com/

--------------------
"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity; when many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion."

Edited by Damnskippi (10/14/09 02:15 AM)

Offlinechronosync
kicked the habit. shed my skin.

Re: ooh Shiny [Re: Damnskippi]
    #11243977 - 10/14/09 02:22 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

"This is a great system for kids to learn about the world of fungi!"

:eek:

hahaha

they are shameless.

dont buy that kit. $125 investment and the right approach and you can grow POUNDS, DRY, of whatever kind of mushroom you want.

(just dont eat any mushrooms before kindergarten class ok little jimmy?)

OfflineSA5M
Rapid Colonizer
 User Gallery

Loc: Makyo Star
    #11244003 - 10/14/09 02:31 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Necro said:
Check out:
http://www.universityscientific.com/product.php?xProd=31&xSec=2

do u guys think its worth the cash or if it grows potent mushrooms?

No and potent is a relative term. In this sense, relative to the substrate used and the spores provided. The substrate is horse dung, good stuff but I paid $5 for 50 lbs last time I PAID for it. Not $18.95 for 5 lbs. As far as spores provided, there aren't any. So all that money and you are still missing the most expensive piece of the overall project. :thumbdown:

--------------------

Offlinechronosync
kicked the habit. shed my skin.

Re: ooh Shiny [Re: SA5M]
    #11244048 - 10/14/09 03:03 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

they have pictures of cubensis in their shittly little grow kit and then they mention kids and learning and shit.

WTF

plus they want to charge people hundreds of dollars.

shameless.

although i have to say that anyone stupid enough to invest that kind of money in that kind of equipment desreves to get ripped.

darwin was right, and he still is.

3 cents? *PLOP* .right in the well.

OfflineThyrax
No way
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montreal, Quebec
Re: ooh Shiny [Re: chronosync]
    #11244100 - 10/14/09 03:30 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

LOL don't buy this crap!

--------------------

Offlinelibertaire
liberator
Male

Re: ooh Shiny [Re: Thyrax]
    #11244199 - 10/14/09 04:44 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Hell, you could invest less than half that and grow pounds of mushrooms.  That shit's a rip off, don't buy it.  Follow the teks on this site.  Shortcuts will only lead to laziness and no learning.

InvisibleTacoHerder
Bluedavenger
Male User Gallery

Re: ooh Shiny [Re: libertaire]
    #11244213 - 10/14/09 04:53 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

lol before i found this site i thought mushbox was the shit.  good thing i never ordered from them:super:

--------------------
TO ALL CULTIVATORS, EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10899385
We need more member like mycochef, he is truly a kind giving person. Just ask Noobie, mycochef hooked him up big time!
Fastest Cultivation WINNER!!!! NoOneKnowsHowToAct won it twice, must be doing something right:super:

Shoot me a pm if you would like a powerful custom laser built. :smile: 4th pic is a 1.3W 445nm laser burning thru some plastic makeup containers. Yes I was wearing proper safety goggles, otherwise I would be blind right now.

InvisibleTacoHerder
Bluedavenger
Male User Gallery

Re: ooh Shiny [Re: TacoHerder]
    #11244216 - 10/14/09 04:55 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

omfg!!! mushbox wants to charge you 450 bucks for a greenhouse set-up... thats fucked up.

--------------------
TO ALL CULTIVATORS, EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10899385
We need more member like mycochef, he is truly a kind giving person. Just ask Noobie, mycochef hooked him up big time!
Fastest Cultivation WINNER!!!! NoOneKnowsHowToAct won it twice, must be doing something right:super:

Shoot me a pm if you would like a powerful custom laser built. :smile: 4th pic is a 1.3W 445nm laser burning thru some plastic makeup containers. Yes I was wearing proper safety goggles, otherwise I would be blind right now.

InvisibleHerbal_Elixer
Strangerest
 User Gallery

Loc: Reykjavik
    #11244377 - 10/14/09 06:52 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

When i was getting started, I almost went that route (mushbox).. thankfully I found the shroomery before I went that route.. and spent like $45 for my first 1/2 lb, cracker dry, of mushrooms :smile:  .. now I invested a little more, way less than $450.. and have 2 4 tiers, a PC, a glove box, pasteurization equipment and lab equipment.. SHROOMERY FTMFW!!!!

Necro:

Seriously, the kits seem like the easiest route when starting with little to no knowledge.. but go to www.mushroomvideos.com.. build a shotgun fruiting chamber, $10-$20, follow the PF TEK, $20-$40.. get that far and hell, I or someone here (if your nice) will give you spores :wink:

--------------------

InvisibleTacoHerder
Bluedavenger
Male User Gallery

Re: ooh Shiny [Re: Herbal_Elixer]
    #11245302 - 10/14/09 11:15 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I sent them a nice email:shoosh:

--------------------

InvisibleSlimz
.-~*´`*·~-experience-~*´`*·~-.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Maryland
    #11245308 - 10/14/09 11:16 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------
Lazy Drywall Tek (no powdery mess)

This series will blow your mind and confirm what you already know to be true.
The Pharmacratic Inquisition
Best Thread Ever ! ! !

:pm: me if you have questions about lasers

Although i may advise others in a general way regarding all types of mushroom grows, and may even post question from other forums about growing "active" mushrooms, i only grow non-"active" mushrooms and edibles.

FeelFamily resident tech guru

OfflineNecro
Stranger

#11257989 - 10/16/09 05:08 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Thanx for the advice but do u think a glove box and the dunk n roll is nessecary?

InvisibleHerbal_Elixer
Strangerest
 User Gallery

#11258133 - 10/16/09 06:08 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Glove box is a super simple add on to this hobby, use a cardboard box and saran wrap if you must.. but you will be happy with your contaminate free grow if you take the time to use one. However, the PF TEK and shotgun style chamber, are designed for minimal equipment and ease, so no, it isn't necessary.

Dunk and roll if you want more fruits from the same amount of work you put in.  So, I would say Yes to that one.

--------------------

Edited by Herbal_Elixer (10/16/09 06:15 AM)

Invisiblesubject
eat the sun
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Humboldt
    #11258143 - 10/16/09 06:13 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

a glove box isn't always 100 percent necessary, but it can definitely help keep contaminates down if you use it correctly. Dunk and roll is pretty standard and there is no reason not to do it. it will improve the performance of your cakes.

--------------------
nappy then, nappy now, nappy for a bit
knee deep head over heals in this country shit

Offlinelibertaire
liberator
Male

Re: ooh Shiny [Re: subject]
    #11258248 - 10/16/09 07:03 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I second what everyone above me has said about GB and D&R, with the addition that in terms of glove box options, you don't have to use a box per say.  I personally am hoping to give the glove bag a shot soon.  All you need is a clear bag, in which you put your jars, needles, whatever else you need to have in a sterile environment while inoculating/filling, and you tape the opening so it's very small, only small enough to fit your arm though.  Then you can use your hand that's on the outside to grab jars, help take lids off, etc, while you have a sterile hand inside which can inject the spores and whatnot.  Then when you're finished, dispose of the evidence.  No shady ass box with armholes cut out chilling in your closet.

In general, a glove box/bag is definitely a necessary addition to the process, unless you happen to live in a completely contaminate free environment somehow, which I would wager that you don't.

OfflineThyrax
No way
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montreal, Quebec
Re: ooh Shiny [Re: libertaire]
    #11258495 - 10/16/09 08:17 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I have grown cake and bulk for like one years before I built a glove box and I had fairly good result. But it is definatly A must IMO

--------------------

Offlinedgls_jms
festival follower

Re: ooh Shiny [Re: Thyrax]
    #11258516 - 10/16/09 08:25 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I work on an oven rack pulled out while the oven is on.. The hot air creates an up draft so nothing airborne can fall onto what your working with. I think I read about that on here somewhere. Has worked great for me so far

--------------------
Not that you lied to me, but that I no longer believe you has shaken me.

"I have done that" says my memory. "I cannot have done that" says my pride, and remains inexorable. Eventually - memory yields.

InvisibleHerbal_Elixer
Strangerest
 User Gallery

Re: ooh Shiny [Re: dgls_jms]
    #11258528 - 10/16/09 08:28 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

some claim that method causes an updraft of bad stuff too.. it pulls up the air from below the draft, in essence, causing everything to flow by your work. But, if it works for you.. I will never knock it.. I have never done it.

--------------------

Offlinedgls_jms
festival follower

#11258542 - 10/16/09 08:32 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I lysol everything real good before I start. Floor, cabinets everything around the stove. I think is just like anything else you can't be clean enough.

--------------------
Not that you lied to me, but that I no longer believe you has shaken me.

"I have done that" says my memory. "I cannot have done that" says my pride, and remains inexorable. Eventually - memory yields.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Bulk Substrate