Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds   Amazon Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineisomorphic
Stranger

Mephedrone used as a scapegoat for the mother of a son who committed suicide
    #11244231 - 10/14/09 07:06 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...ide-at-17.html

Legal rave pills drove my lad to suicide

TOM WELLS
and LUKE OLIVER

Published: Today
A LEGAL party drug drove a teenage boy to kill himself, his mum claimed last night.

Tragic Luke Cowan, 17, was found hanged after taking mind-bending Space-E pills at a music festival.

His body remained hidden for 11 weeks in dense woodland.

A Bible was nearby and a note read: "I saw an angel last night and now I'm with Jesus."

Legal ... Space-E packet

Legal ... Space-E packet

Space-E pills, a type of PLANT FOOD, cost £6.99.

One store advertises them saying: "Launch yourself into a night of rocket-powered psychedelia. Space-E will open your eyes to a new world."

It can contain mephedrone - which causes heart problems, loss of feeling in limbs, nausea and insomnia.

Pals said Luke took the drug at the Isle of Wight Festival in June. He vanished days later from his home on the island.

Last night his mum Michelle Knight, 42, of Newport, claimed the Space-E was to blame.

The mum of six said: "I definitely think it contributed towards his death. Luke was a wonderful son and loved by so many people.

"Yet as soon as he took this substance his mood altered. I'm convinced it caused hallucinations which meant he took his own life." An inquest was opened and adjourned after Luke's body was found last week.

Advertisement

Last night cops confirmed two men aged 49 and 32 were held in July in connection to alleged supply of "legal highs".

They were quizzed on suspicion of causing actual bodily harm and bailed.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinehighdroponics
Professional Deadhead
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy Flag
Re: Mephedrone used as a scapegoat for the mother of a son who committed suicide [Re: isomorphic]
    #11244289 - 10/14/09 07:50 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I really don't understand how a drug can lead someone to suicide. He had to have had some deep underlying issues stored within his subconscious. At any rate it's his own fault for taking the drug in the first place.

--------------------
Dr :ronpaul: says to stop trying to treat the side-effects of big government and focus on the core issues. End the Federal Reserve/audit the gold reserves at Fort Knox, abolish the IRS, end all wars and occupancies, stop the building of an empire that will inevitably fail, and cut all unconstitutional federal programs. Put the power back in the peoples' hands by ending this nanny-state.

Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

Loc: Out of this world
Re: Mephedrone used as a scapegoat for the mother of a son who committed suicide [Re: highdroponics]
    #11244513 - 10/14/09 10:00 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

goddamn the fucking news don't they understand that the mom is not qualified to say what caused her son's death? she could have been an awful mother for all we know. Since when do hallucinations = suicide anyway?

Also, mephedrone is Bk-MDMA how the hell would that make you want to kill yourself?

--------------------

OfflineDr.Myco87
Im a "Reader"
Male User Gallery

Loc: Land of the greedy! Flag
Re: Mephedrone used as a scapegoat for the mother of a son who committed suicide [Re: learningtofly]
    #11244784 - 10/14/09 11:18 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

learningtofly said:
Also, mephedrone is Bk-MDMA how the hell would that make you want to kill yourself?

No it's not, it's 4-MMC, Methylone is BK-MDMA. Never taken Mephedrone but I highly doubt it would make you feel like you want to kill yourself and as you said the mom is not qualified to say what caused her son's death. His fault and he obviously was fucked in the head to begin with, end of story.

--------------------
"I don’t do drugs. I am drugs."                -Salvador Dali

"I’ve never had a problem with drugs. I’ve had problems with the police."                                          -Keith Richards

"Reality is a crutch for people who can’t cope with drugs."                                          -Lily Tomlin

Invisiblecaphillkid
Coquus Boleti

Loc: Jet City
Re: Mephedrone used as a scapegoat for the mother of a son who committed suicide [Re: Dr.Myco87]
    #11246183 - 10/14/09 03:52 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

17 is a tough age.  The mom is deflecting blame of course.  I feel bad for her, but shit, life sucks sometimes. 

11 weeks in the forest...I would not have wanted to be the lucky SOB who found that body.

OfflineMorican
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Mephedrone used as a scapegoat for the mother of a son who committed suicide [Re: Dr.Myco87]
    #11246823 - 10/14/09 05:28 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

At least they ain't blaming Salvia for this one. How many people who drink alcohol commit suicide every day? How many people commit suicide after coming back from war? I'm sure the numbers are high.

Here is an interesting statistical analysis done by anti-drug people that shows tobacco as the leading cause of death in the US.
[url=http://drugwarfacts.org/cms/?q=node/30 ]http://drugwarfacts.org/cms/?q=node/30 [/url]
Illicit Drugs are like 12th in a list of 14 things, Marijuana is last on the list and has a 0 (zero) deaths attributed to it.
But all other Illicit Drugs are 12th and Suicide is 8th and the top three leading killers of Americans are legal
1)TABACCO                        435,000
2)POOR DIET AND LACK OF EXORCISE 365,000
3)ALCOHOL                        85,000
8)SUICIDE                        30,622
Johns Hopkins study on suicide rates for 2008
http://www.jhsph.edu/publichealthnews/press_releases/2008/baker_suicide.html
12) ILLICIT DRUGS                17,000
14)MARIJUANA                          0  :gethigh:

Offlineurbanfarmer
l'estranger
Re: Mephedrone used as a scapegoat for the mother of a son who committed suicide [Re: Morican]
    #11247255 - 10/14/09 06:33 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Hey wow, another 4-M amphetamine with a body count!  After 4-MA and 4-MTA, who would have thought this would be a problem?

There are chemists out there looking to turn a fast buck on anything that looks like E, regardless of safety.

Invisiblesubject
eat the sun
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Humboldt
Re: Mephedrone used as a scapegoat for the mother of a son who committed suicide [Re: urbanfarmer]
    #11247408 - 10/14/09 07:01 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

shit he was hanging for 11 weeks? what kind of fucked up festival was that

--------------------
nappy then, nappy now, nappy for a bit
knee deep head over heals in this country shit

OfflineDutch-Master2890
Stranger

Re: Mephedrone used as a scapegoat for the mother of a son who committed suicide [Re: subject]
    #11247793 - 10/14/09 08:09 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I'm convinced it caused hallucinations which meant he took his own life."

wow what an ignorant statement

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds   Amazon Salvia

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service