Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineCannabischarlie
Yarry's Apprentice
 User Gallery

women not working as hard as men, female incompetence, wtf?
    #11244163 - 10/14/09 06:18 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

why is it either women are really awesome at what they do and its noticeable, or they flat out fucking suck and you wonder why they even have a job?

theres no fucking middle ground!

it seems to have nothing to do with looks either, and for me it has just been in office jobs.

i applied for a job that was up in Broomfield, quite a drive but the pay would have made it worth it. I have done a lot of real estate stuff in the past, and my cover letter and resume still show that I was "just laid off" from the LAMCO (the place was a joke, more on that later) because no one checks that shit.

So basically I see that they are looking for an unlicensed (specifically asking for that, not either way) assistant to handle a number of things, at good pay plus bonuses for closing deals, etc. It would have been perfect, and I was thrilled when they called me and the assistant (who would be leaving) seemed enthusiastic about having me come to interview. I even had four letters of recommendation that really help.

It would have made my life a whole lot easier if I could get and keep that job. I went to the interview and was told I would be one of the people they call back for a second interview.

So this was last monday and I wait and wait and finally call back on 10:30 on Wednesday, and the bitch who answers was just plain clueless and simply a twit. I kept talking to her and asking if I can talk to the agent, or leave a voicemail, you could hear her ask (on her second day no less) the former assistant if thats possible :rolleyes: and finally i had to bluntly ask "are you the person they hired" to which she said yes, after telling me the position had been filled but not giving the impression that it was her.

she seemed like a total dingbat in answering directly what I was asking, and spending an absurd amount of her own time trying to figure out what any reasonable person would simply say "oh, im sorry, Im new here and I believe that the position you speak of is the one I filled"

i called the agent on their cell which i looked up online, and politely said I was just following up. I told him I tried to reach him at the office but the lady who answered "gave me this number and yelled at me to get off her back" but still playing the "im so nice and kind" thing, even though she didnt actually do that i didnt feel bad because she gave me the runaround, and thats rather rude. i guess im in the running if that doesnt work out. :shrug:

ironically when i was at my kenpo karate group class i was talking about it with a couple of people, one being this chick Heather (who unfortunately has a boyfriend of 5 years, but is quite literally has genius intelligence and is adorable) and when i mention the gal was a twit and i wondered how she got the job, she pulls her bra strap from her GI and says "because she wears one of these".

i said, whispering: "thats why i was thinking, does she have big tits or something?" and she said "oh they don't have to be big, she will get hired just because she wears one" which prompted the guy Alex who was the other person there to say something, wheras Heather then said something to the effect of she worked well with guys etc. I mentioned "yeah, but you have a more male oriented brain, i dont mean that in any bad way"

and she says "oh, i take that as a compliment, etc etc" and you could tell she wasnt real fond of how a lot of chicks act, although this wasnt a huge surprise knowing her.

So its not just me being sexist, i think honestly places feel the need to not look sexist by either hiring women who really arent up to par or keeping women around who are not up to par.

Its sad because a lot of women do really well and go above and beyond, and I bet they get discounted for being women and the cycle starts of overcompensating with incompetent women.

I definitely have more stories of incompetent women in jobs but i wanted some input from people and this post is kind of long as it is. i am sure some people can relate.

--------------------
This section of the signature line has been intentionally left blank.

we could all use a little more sunshine.

:shrug: yeah, she's funny and somewhat interesting.  not a beauty queen, but not bad lookin.  i'd feel quite honored to fuck janine garofalo.
-tiny_rabid_birds

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineisomorphic
Stranger

Re: women not working as hard as men, female incompetence, wtf? [Re: Cannabischarlie]
    #11244165 - 10/14/09 06:21 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah woman are just inferior to men, it's their hormones.

Invisibletiny_rabid_birds
Nocturnal
 User Gallery

Loc: estados unidos Flag
Re: women not working as hard as men, female incompetence, wtf? [Re: Cannabischarlie]
    #11244300 - 10/14/09 07:56 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

the funny thing is, the way the story just kinda kept running on and the way you told it with all those "he said/she said"s, really made me feel as though some chick was telling me about her day.

sucks about never getting the call back though.  what're ya gonna do :shrug:.

--------------------

OfflineJT
Male User Gallery

Loc: athens Flag
Re: women not working as hard as men, female incompetence, wtf? [Re: tiny_rabid_birds]
    #11244326 - 10/14/09 08:27 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
what're ya gonna do :shrug:.

sex change

Offlinebryguy
Enigma
 User Gallery

Loc: ooo
Re: women not working as hard as men, female incompetence, wtf? [Re: JT]
    #11244523 - 10/14/09 10:02 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Have all your friends call asking complicated questions. Then, when she can't figure anything out complain to her manager. :uptosomething:

--------------------
Life is a tale, told by an idiot, full of sound and fury and signifying nothing

OfflineRocker232
Stranger

Re: women not working as hard as men, female incompetence, wtf? [Re: bryguy]
    #11244575 - 10/14/09 10:17 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

You need to realize people in general are either good workers or lazy workers. What the fuck is up with the sexism? Have you been that badly scorned? I know a lot of girls who are hard workers and a lot of girls who aren't. I know few guys who are hard workers and many who are not. What's your point? Women make $.70 for every dollar a man makes, trying to fuck them over even more man? God damn this board is ignorant.

--------------------
With Allure I Look to the Sky With Awakened Eyes

InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: women not working as hard as men, female incompetence, wtf? [Re: Rocker232]
    #11244584 - 10/14/09 10:20 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

One of those same types of real estate places called me after posting a resume.
Quote:

Rocker232 said:
Women make $.70 for every dollar a man makes.

BULLSHIT. Maybe it was that way 30 years ago, but Im convinced that women get paid more than men. I remember at one place I worked I found out all the females (in the same position) were making 1-2 more than the guys regardless of skill or how long they had been there.

Onlineshivas.wisdom
בּ
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Turtle Island
Re: women not working as hard as men, female incompetence, wtf? [Re: tiny_rabid_birds]
    #11244591 - 10/14/09 10:24 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
the funny thing is, the way the story just kinda kept running on and the way you told it with all those "he said/she said"s, really made me feel as though some chick was telling me about her day.

:borat:

--------------------

OfflineRocker232
Stranger

Re: women not working as hard as men, female incompetence, wtf? [Re: MisterMuscaria]
    #11244604 - 10/14/09 10:30 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

MisterMuscaria said:
One of those same types of real estate places called me after posting a resume.
Quote:

Rocker232 said:
Women make $.70 for every dollar a man makes.

BULLSHIT. Maybe it was that way 30 years ago, but Im convinced that women get paid more than men. I remember at one place I worked I found out all the females (in the same position) were making 1-2 more than the guys regardless of skill or how long they had been there.

Well sorry champ, the Census disagrees.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/workplace/2004-08-26-women_x.htm

Its .75, my bad. You forget that women couldn't even fucking vote at a time. If women are making more than you they are doing a better job or have a better resume. Tough shit.

--------------------

InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

#11244625 - 10/14/09 10:36 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

I think it depends on the type of job. Women tend to make more in the service industries than men doing the same thing.

OfflineRocker232
Stranger

#11244628 - 10/14/09 10:37 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Furthermore I'm honestly fucking baffled that you couldn't come to this conclusion on your own. Who are the most common people in poverty? Women. Who are most single parent homes fronted by? Women. Who are the biggest sufferers of divorce? Women.

Who are most CEO's? Men. Who are most millionaires? Men. Who are most committees made of? Men.

Come on man.

--------------------

OfflineNeuron
Tek Savant
Male

Loc: @meriKa
Re: women not working as hard as men, female incompetence, wtf? [Re: MisterMuscaria]
    #11244737 - 10/14/09 11:10 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

I think Rocker232 is missing the point...

He said 'service industries' not 'top executive industries'

and maybe women do get paid more in that industry because they have more skill, and are more pleasant to look at than a man serving you pizza.

--------------------

InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

Re: women not working as hard as men, female incompetence, wtf? [Re: Neuron]
    #11244765 - 10/14/09 11:14 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Exactly.
Women's minds are better at the sort of empathy required for those sorts of jobs and therefore they have an unfair advantage in those types of situations.
They are also better to look at.
What guy WOULDN'T hire an attractive female over a dude?

OfflineRocker232
Stranger

#11244767 - 10/14/09 11:15 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Neuron said:

and maybe women do get paid more in that industry because they have more skill, and are more pleasant to look at than a man serving you pizza.

Women also generally hold more jobs down, have bigger resumes and are all around better talkers than men. They also go to college more than men. I'm not "missing the point" as what I said trickles down to any job. If you aren't getting paid enough, do a better job. Doesn't help you that the owner of your store (who I'm sure is a man) loves to look at titties.

Do you suffer from sexual harassment too? Rape? People staring at you all day?

Didn't think so, stop complaining.

--------------------

OfflineNeuron
Tek Savant
Male

#11244779 - 10/14/09 11:17 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Rocker232 said:
Quote:

Neuron said:

Women also generally hold more jobs down, have bigger resumes and are all around better talkers than men. They also go to college more than men. I'm not "missing the point" as what I said trickles down to any job. If you aren't getting paid enough, do a better job. Doesn't help you that the owner of your store (who I'm sure is a man) loves to look at titties.

You're very defensive. Where in my post, did I complain?

--------------------

OfflineRocker232
Stranger

#11244790 - 10/14/09 11:20 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Neuron said:
Quote:

Rocker232 said:
Quote:

Neuron said:

You're very defensive. Where in my post, did I complain?

Not directed at you, moreso to the OP. I just HATE ignorance and refuse to act kindly towards it.

--------------------

OfflineNeuron
Tek Savant
Male

#11244798 - 10/14/09 11:23 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

lol, the OP is an ________(fill out the word, it starts with an i).

I didn't even read the entire post, it was too much of an eye-sore/TEENAGE DRAMA.

--------------------

OfflineKada
Asha'man
Male User Gallery

Loc: Land of Ports Flag
    #11244939 - 10/14/09 11:59 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

The only two females at my work are pretty clueless and incompetent. I don't know if it's because they are girls or not, but it's like working with a semi retarded person. We do try to get more girls in there because they are fun to look at honestly lol.

I would say over the last 10 years there have been about 9 females that have worked there. Only 1 of them knew how to work and was a all around awesome person. We have a staff of 15 atm, and those two girls hardley pull their weight around there. We have a guy that is in and out of mental hospitols and id say he was about even with them.

Im not trying to be sexist or anything, it's just a observation that i felt was relevant to the conversation.

--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.

Invisibletiny_rabid_birds
Nocturnal
 User Gallery

Loc: estados unidos Flag
Re: women not working as hard as men, female incompetence, wtf? [Re: Kada]
    #11245163 - 10/14/09 12:43 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

what field of work?

--------------------

OfflineMorgenstern
Corpse Violater

#11245226 - 10/14/09 12:57 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Seriously, whats with all the male vs. female threads or male and female comparison.

Are you obsessed?
Oh my lawdy...

--------------------
We're a second in time,
We're the last in the line,
Of the prey that walks the earth

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Community >> The Pub