Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Invisiblebadman
Male User Gallery

Re: Karo Lc, additives for increased quality? [Re: Doc_T]
    #11226774 - 10/11/09 04:01 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

2% volume.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineLitCloset
hypochondriac
 User Gallery

Re: Karo Lc, additives for increased quality? [Re: badman]
    #11226850 - 10/11/09 04:19 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

i went and took a look at the store for marmite and couldnt find it. sounds like awful tasting stuff. glad its working for ya!

ill psot pics soon here.

meanwhile im making up the lc's now

jalisco: 1 w/ energizer 1 w/out
pan cyan HI 1 w 1 w/out

hardly a statistically signifigant group but hopefully if the results are as good as they were last time, this will show enough to make me do a larger test.

i had also added, some yeast peptone dextrose agar. anyone have any experience with peptone or know if it should make much of a difference for fungi?

the broth we use for E. coli in the lab always has some agar in it. i can not figure out what exactly the purpose of it is... just for viscosity? if its at all important why dont we use it here?

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: Karo Lc, additives for increased quality? [Re: LitCloset]
    #11226889 - 10/11/09 04:27 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

LitCloset said:
i went and took a look at the store for marmite

If you have to look for marmite, it's not available where you are.

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Invisiblebadman
Male User Gallery

#11226913 - 10/11/09 04:29 PM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Marmite you love it or hate it.

Peptone :thumbup: awesome stuff single best ingredient i have used.

I also think the agar just for viscosity in the E.coli broth keeps everything suspended by reducing the density difference between the bacteria and the media.

OfflineShroomFrog
Strange Figment
 User Gallery

Loc: un-transubstantiated
    #11243762 - 10/14/09 03:15 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

LitCloset said:
so just a "little" note on the outcome:

i made the atl#7 lc with the karo + extra recipe i noted a few post back. there was growth that was very heavy at,

12 HOURS! the first thing i though and you all are thinking, was contamination. but by day three the entire lc was so thick i couldnt see through it and it looked great.

i put it on some h202 agar plates (dont have anyother atm) and by the end of that day 16 or so hours later, each quadrant was about 50% colonized :wink: and i have two great pint jars of wbs with similar results

ive had much more luck with this mix than i have had with plain honey. i really think that the use of yeast energizer should be looked into by a few more people.

a scientific test is in order!

im very low on jars, but hopefully today ill use the rest of my oakridge pints and then reuse the jars. ill be trying out the recipe with, Jalisco and pan cyan hawaii.

yeast energizer, INGREDIENTS: Diammonium phosphate (CAS 7783-28-0), yeast hulls, magnisum sulphate (CAS 7487-88-9), vitamin B complex, tricalcium phosphate (CAS 1306-06-5).

thsi is from a a website on another brand than what i used. but i can gurantee everything is the same except for maybe the b complex. i really think its the extra nitrogen thats helping this stufff grow like weeds. i think i have some pure DAP that i can try.

ideas? anyother with experience adding nitrogen to thier LC?

This is excellent, I'm starting some lC's tomorrow.  When I read a post saying to go to a brewing store, I checked out a local one and saw yeast energizer and figured it was worth trying.  Especially since it was so cheap.  Figured I'd do a search here on it, and ran across your post.  I'm looking forward to using a pinch of it in lC and grain. :cheers::thumbup:

--------------------
Yes, that string of words I arranged together does make sense!

Some mushrooms you only eat once.

Either you have morels or you don't  -Mycological humor

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation