Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMcflashes28
Stranger

Is this what a bad trip is like?
    #11242509 - 10/13/09 08:58 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

A few months ago I experienced what is called sleep paralysis . It's pretty much when you're stuck in REM sleep (dream mode) but are awake.  You're really only awake in the mind though as you cant move youre body.  I woke up at around 3am (im guessing) and tried to go back to sleep.  I started to have this wierd feeling that something was in the room watching me.  Similiar to the first night you try to sleep after seeing a really terrifying movie (Paranormal Activity for example.) Any other night i would of been telling myself how much of a bitch i was being and go to sleep but this night was different, the feeling stayed there and was getting more intense, i was sure there was something in the room watching me. Then for some reason I thought there were demons or something outside my door in my house walking around looking for me, and i was sure that if i moved an inch they would bust down the door and come in and murder me. So i was trying with all my might to not move an inch. This is ironic because sleep paralysis well makes you paralyzed.  I then started to see shadows in the forms of "beings" moving around my room, i had this very heavy feeling on my chest as though there was a weight sitting there, im guessing its associated with the fact i couldnt move my chest muscles and my lungs inhaling and exhaling had to move my pecks with more effort (i have no idea), so for about an hour i laid there 100% certain i was going to die, i had no sense of my life, who i was, where i was, time, just that me,i,myself, was laying down on a bed in a house with demons roaming around looking for me and shadow things in my room watching me,believing you are going to die sucks ass and i hope this never happens again, unless the ghost of Cobain appears and reads me a bedtime story while we sip beers, but i read somewhere that most people will experience this at least once in their life, please comment how this relates to a bad trip as ive never had one

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePMasterPoo
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Is this what a bad trip is like? [Re: Mcflashes28]
    #11242541 - 10/13/09 09:02 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I've never actually experienced SP, but I'm a big fan of lucid dreaming so I think I know where you are coming from.

a bad shroom trip is probably very similar, but more spiritual than physical.  I would imagine the thoughts going through your head in SP are those of being paralyzed for the rest of your life etc..  but having a bad shroom trip is similar but worse thoughts, like fucking up the rest of your life or even death.  idk, there's different degrees of bad trips.  I've had some that were just depressing and some that actually made me freak out.  just depends really i guess, but I think you got the same idea.  it's just the shroom trip will seam a lot long than the SP experience.  it feels like it's never going to end, EVAR!

Edited by PMasterPoo (10/13/09 09:03 PM)

OfflineAngel_Above
Nobody
Male

#11242558 - 10/13/09 09:04 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

What were you on, if anything? Or was that all due to your sleep paralysis?

And did you dream that you woke up and this happened or did you wake up and see this?

But, as far as I see it, there is no such thing as a bad trip. Just a hard learning experience, or a dumb choice of tripping with the wrong set/setting/intention.

I've had trips where I would repeat the same 5 motions for hours on end, constantly checking my ID to make sure I didn't turn 26 and have kids yet (I'm 19 and not a father... I was just tripped out) but it's all a learning experience.

Every trip, no matter how crazy, will teach you something about yourself and if it doesn't, you shouldn't have had the experience to begin with.

OfflineMcflashes28
Stranger

Re: Is this what a bad trip is like? [Re: Angel_Above]
    #11242565 - 10/13/09 09:06 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

wasnt on anything

OfflineNetDiver
Wandering Mindfuck

Loc: Everywhere and Nowhere
    #11242580 - 10/13/09 09:08 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I have never experienced bad trips, but I get sleep paralysis on a fairly regular basis and it's fucking horrifying.

--------------------

Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

Loc: Out of this world
Re: Is this what a bad trip is like? [Re: NetDiver]
    #11242603 - 10/13/09 09:12 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

bad trip IME is you think that you have gone completely insane and you forget that you're just tripping. Your thoughts are all around negative, paranoid, and confused.

--------------------

OfflineAngel_Above
Nobody
Male

Re: Is this what a bad trip is like? [Re: learningtofly]
    #11242637 - 10/13/09 09:18 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Yes, that's kind of like a "bad trip" I guess, but there really is no bad trip. THat's just a label for lazy people who don't want to search within themselves or face their own demons.

To each his own though.

I remember one night when I was 10 I experienced something similar, in that I was sleeping and I know I was, but I heard something scream and felt an evil presence over me so it scared me because there was nothing there, but something was there.

Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

#11242770 - 10/13/09 09:38 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

No, I was describing kind of what my bad trips are like. That is definitely a bad trip. The feeling of complete hopelessness in that you have completely destroyed your identity and lost it in some giant mess of insanity with no hope of ever coming back, a literal living hell in which you are the only person to ever exist, so there's no going for help.

--------------------

Edited by learningtofly (10/13/09 09:38 PM)

Offlinemrgibblet
Lemon Tek Pro
Male User Gallery

#11242856 - 10/13/09 09:51 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I see a bad trip as when you take shrooms, and there is nothing more in the world you want to be more than being sober. It's happened to me twice and my friend once.

--------------------
:whoyougonnacall:
"Anxiety doesn't exist. It's just your inner brain telling you that you're a pussy."

jokes

OfflineAngel_Above
Nobody
Male

#11242894 - 10/13/09 09:56 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

learningtofly said:
No, I was describing kind of what my bad trips are like. That is definitely a bad trip. The feeling of complete hopelessness in that you have completely destroyed your identity and lost it in some giant mess of insanity with no hope of ever coming back, a literal living hell in which you are the only person to ever exist, so there's no going for help.

I wasn't directing that at you.

What I'm trying to show you is that you had to end up in that mindset where you lose touch with yourself and reality and all that.

I've had thought loops for hours and forgot who I was many times before... but it all started with one negative thought that spiraled into disaster.

Or maybe you came to a realization you couldn't cope with, or one that frightened you, or you let your ego get the better of you.

Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

#11242939 - 10/13/09 10:02 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Thought loops probably started it. Actually I don't know, i was doing fine until I went to lie in my bed and then for some reason it went sour.

--------------------

Invisibleotherwhitemeat
Female User Gallery
Loc: Florida
    #11243252 - 10/13/09 11:01 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

none of my uncomfortable trips have involved the kind of campfire-story/scary-movie elements you have described.

i have experienced paralyzing, heart-pounding fear on shrooms, as if fight and flight both tried to run out a narrow doorway at the same time and got wedged there. i couldn't have told you what about. didn't need a reason or story behind it.

more typical difficult trip passage is emotional anguish based on some delusional idea such as that you are really and truly dying, or that you have gone completely insane and committed unspeakable crimes like killing your loved ones (unfortunately not making up that particular delusion).

Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

Re: Is this what a bad trip is like? [Re: otherwhitemeat]
    #11243320 - 10/13/09 11:14 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

i didnt think i killed anyone. i just honestly thought i went completely insane and that i had come face 2 face with real insanity. eventually during my trip i accepted my perceived fate. after that i blacked out and woke up the next morning. I dont know if actually passed out, but i forsure don't remember coming down at all, i was maybe (most likely 4) 5hrs into the trip tops.

--------------------

Offlinekennedy
Male

Re: Is this what a bad trip is like? [Re: otherwhitemeat]
    #11243376 - 10/13/09 11:28 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Bad trips and sleep paralysis are not very similar. Both are scary though.
I've gotten used to sleep paralysis, I actually try to make it happen now because I find it interesting and I've gotten over the stress of it.  I totally know the feeling that someone is in the room who wants to murder you though.  My bad trips feel more like nightmares to me, except I know that it's not something I can wake up out of.  It's just total confusion to the point of being terrified.  I don't know what I'm doing, where I am, what time it is, or why any of it is happening.  I've seriously felt like I have to physically struggle not to be pulled out of this plane of existence into some other one or some void or something.

OfflinePMasterPoo
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #11243745 - 10/14/09 01:09 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

learningtofly said:
i didnt think i killed anyone. i just honestly thought i went completely insane and that i had come face 2 face with real insanity. eventually during my trip i accepted my perceived fate. after that i blacked out and woke up the next morning. I dont know if actually passed out, but i forsure don't remember coming down at all, i was maybe (most likely 4) 5hrs into the trip tops.

that's exactly what happens to me, it was the worst at the end of the trip coming back to reality but at the same time completely losing it.

Offlinehelter_skelter
Hello Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Is this what a bad trip is like? [Re: PMasterPoo]
    #11244243 - 10/14/09 05:16 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

to put it this way, i've never escaped reality on any of my trips, apart from nos. i've always been 'there' on the psychedelic substances even after a few 5g mush trips which alot of people say would throw them to eternity. so my idea of a a bad trip is negative thinking.

because OBE's and sleep paralysis are very similar (i've had one experience with both) i'll explain what happened in order.

i was in a dream cant go into too much detail coz i dont remember but it ends with me going over to sit on my grandpas lap and felt being fingered in the ass by my grandpa :eek:(i have never expereince and kind of abuse in the past from anyone, plus alot of people who experience SP or OBE's will tell you they have been sodomized in there expereince!!!) i slowly woke up still with the sodomy feeling and with a huge vibration going through my body then my left leg lifted, i thought it was a ghost for sure and fuck i was terrified, my leg was being lifted so i reached over to my phone on the ground and tried to turn the light on by pressing any button on it, no light, so i reach for the power button that is on the right side on top of the phone. my plan was to get the light to put on my leg to see what the hell was going on, but to no avail i rested the phone on my leg and just put up with the feeling of my leg being lifted up for a minute and eventually woke up (straight away or hours later i dunno) when i woke up the phone was on the ground, it was on, i checked the power button and i was pressing it on the wrong side even thought i felt the button being pressed in my episode.

if it wasnt for the phone being on the ground when i woke up i would have been convinced it was a ghost and i wouldnt have found out that it was a potential OBE. i did research and it all made sense.

about a month or 2 later that familiar sodomizing feeling was back in my sleep, but i didnt give a fuck i was about to have an OBE NIGGAARRRR!!!:psychsplit: it all felt the same vibrations blah blah except when i woke up i was roaring ready to jump out of my body i tried to whip my self up as fast as possible but no deal it felt like my body was strapped by hundreds of kilos of weights, i couldnt move shit. i didnt experience any of the demons or the feeling of someone being in the room, the only feeling was dissappointment really, here i am paralysed, hmmmmm, this is shit i thought.

i'm pretty sure i expereinced one of those earlier when i was yougner, but i have learnt now to just relax and work with the vibrations next time, its a shame though coz these both happened early this year and they havent come back.

so to answer your question i think a bad trip is mostly paranoia and delusional thoughts just raging through your mind, sleep paralysis is more fear, its a more realistic experience that something is in your fucking room no doubtedly fucking with you.

shrooms - its all in your head. its up to you to carve out your trip and how you deal with it going wrong, go into the trip expecting these negative thoughts will happen and have a plan with how to deal with this.

Offlinemaynardsdick
Stranger

#11246846 - 10/14/09 03:32 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

i've experienced sleep paralysis a few times in my life.  the first time it scared the fucking shit outta me, because i felt that same feeling of someone watching me and wanting to do me harm but not being able to do anything about it.

i'm now able to recognize SP and "go back to sleep" and then snap out of it. and for me, SP is absolutely nothing like a bad shroom trip. 

on the couple of bad shroom trips, i had the fight or flight adrenaline running through my body, feeling i was about to die, and not knowing who or what i was, whether i was alive or dead.  it was thoroughly terrifying and confusing.

Edited by maynardsdick (10/16/09 10:54 AM)

Offlinemrgibblet
Lemon Tek Pro
Male User Gallery

Re: Is this what a bad trip is like? [Re: maynardsdick]
    #11257320 - 10/16/09 12:15 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I had the worst trip possible.

I ate 3.5 grams my second time, and I fainted and landed on my brothers aerogarden, breaking the lamp off. It was a $300 piece of equipment, and it broke and I had no idea I broke it or how it broke. I just woke up in the grow room with the aerogarden snapped, and my brother was yelling at me. I still had my level 4 visuals, but I was in reality somewhat but I was confused and I hoped all that was happening was a dream.

I could tell my brother was scared shitless and pissed off so bad that I broke it, but we fixed it later on after a week or two.

But since my brother was asking if i was ok and his friend was also asking, it was a fucking orgy of the same question in my brain, and I had no answer, I did not know if i was okay or not, all i knew is that I was freaking the fuck out and could not stop it.

--------------------
:whoyougonnacall:
"Anxiety doesn't exist. It's just your inner brain telling you that you're a pussy."

jokes

OfflineRailrider
Chronic contaminator

Loc: a van down by the river.
Re: Is this what a bad trip is like? [Re: mrgibblet]
    #11258787 - 10/16/09 09:47 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Have you ever had a sleep study?I had one once and they found out I had sleep apnea and was stopping breathing in my sleep causing me to wake with crazy pulse rate and runners high type feeling.simple cure was for me to sleep on my side.

Pretty much a bad trip for me is every thought I have is negative and I really have stupid ideas about people I know and what they think of me in general.I haven't completely lost it yet either but have been close.

--------------------

Any post I post here is pure speculation from other read posts
Best tip for cultivation!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds