Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineShroom lover
Lord Shiva
Male

Loc: LSD island
Obama
    #11241039 - 10/13/09 05:45 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I'm probably going to get flamed like crazy for this but...

i was watching the Colbert report and he said that obamas presidency has pretty much failed and a lot of people hate him. why? don't most if not all candidate's running for presidency say a lot of things and never even address those while in office. plus what has he failed on that people hate him so much for?

--------------------
Lets go back in the time machine to ancient india and smoke Hashish with Lord Shiva.

"nuthin beats a couple bowls at midnight when the world around you is fast asleep" - LetsGetBlazed

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineteeter
Mindfucked
Male User Gallery

Loc: Philadelphia PA
Re: Obama [Re: Shroom lover]
    #11241066 - 10/13/09 05:48 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

People hate him for failing because after Bush they really needed a great president and Obama was the "Change" candidate. A black democrat following possibly the worst president during a recession and a double war really needs to come through. When Obama is just like all the other politicians, people get pissed.

--------------------
"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things through narrow chinks of his cavern." - William Blake

"Psychedelics helped me to escape.. albeit momentarily.. from the prison of my mind. It over-rode the habit patterns of thought and I was able to taste innocence again. Looking at sensations freshly without the conceptual overlay was very profound." - Ram Das

Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

Loc: Out of this world
Re: Obama [Re: teeter]
    #11241085 - 10/13/09 05:50 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

because he made it sound like he was different.

--------------------

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

#11241088 - 10/13/09 05:50 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

colbert = satire

there will always be polarized politics.. you've got the right wing who will always hate him, independents and libertarians who think its cool to hate him, and a small segment of the population who actually know why they hate him.. about the same size as the segment of the population who actually know why they like him.

Offlinejoe666
The ReverendToke DBK
 User Gallery

Loc: Southern by grace of God Flag
    #11241097 - 10/13/09 05:53 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

he's failing the 2nd amendment.
him and his shit head VP.

--------------------
"A politician is like a baby's diaper, it should be changed often and for the same reason"-Coy Turner Sr.

"what is a weed, a plant whose virtues have not yet been discovered"--Ralph Waldo Emerson

"I'm sippin Hennessy, riding on my muthafucking enemies" -Meek Mill.

Offlinemeatcakeman
the search for bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

Loc: el sol
    #11241120 - 10/13/09 05:56 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

It's truly too early in his presidency to tell.

He hasn't really been an assertive president so far. He's only been trying to clean up the mess from the last presidency. For now, I am undecided.

--------------------
大开眼界

:awegroove:
:fbsnugs::fbsnugs::fbsnugs:
Hasta siempre, comandante.
:mattz:

OfflineShroom lover
Lord Shiva
Male

Loc: LSD island
Re: Obama [Re: meatcakeman]
    #11241143 - 10/13/09 05:58 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

plus why would people have hate for this president after we had Bush for 8 years which didnt really turn out to be a good thing...

--------------------
Lets go back in the time machine to ancient india and smoke Hashish with Lord Shiva.

"nuthin beats a couple bowls at midnight when the world around you is fast asleep" - LetsGetBlazed

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in my head
    #11241175 - 10/13/09 06:02 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

One good example would be his reform on marijuana. Making claims he would work towards "change" when asked about it after being elected he and the rest of his colleagues laughed for an extended amount of time about it on tv and said no he will not being doing anything like that.

He is no different than any other president besides the color of his skin. And perhaps his young persona.:shrug:

He will change nothing of importance. After all, presidents are only here to play as puppet who keeps things the way they are Nothing else. They are just a face of a government, no real power and does not decide what actually changes. People behind the screen make the real decisions and they have been in power for a VERY long time so why would they decide to change. They only want to give the illusion that things will be different this time.

--------------------

Edited by DeathCompany (10/13/09 06:04 PM)

InvisibleChespirito
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Obama [Re: DeathCompany]
    #11241191 - 10/13/09 06:04 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

DeathCompany said:
After all, presidents are only here to play as puppet who keeps things the way they are Nothing else. They are just a face of a government, no real power and does not decide what actually changes. People behind the screen make the real decisions and they have been in power for a VERY long time so why would they decide to change. They only want to give the illusion that things will be different this time.

Is this just something you wish to believe or do you have any facts to support this

Offlinemeatcakeman
Male User Gallery

#11241312 - 10/13/09 06:22 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

DeathCompany said:
One good example would be his reform on marijuana. Making claims he would work towards "change" when asked about it after being elected he and the rest of his colleagues laughed for an extended amount of time about it on tv and said no he will not being doing anything like that.

He is no different than any other president besides the color of his skin. And perhaps his young persona.:shrug:

He will change nothing of importance. After all, presidents are only here to play as puppet who keeps things the way they are Nothing else. They are just a face of a government, no real power and does not decide what actually changes. People behind the screen make the real decisions and they have been in power for a VERY long time so why would they decide to change. They only want to give the illusion that things will be different this time.

That's how American Politics is!

You think Presidents can just do whatever they want?! There is a legislative process, judical process, and executive process. Although he is 'the face' of America, he has minimal say in what goes on in Washington, D.C.

Sure, he may want to decriminalize marijuana, but would Congress agree? How about the Surpreme Court?

He's done enough in that he's stopped the DEA from cracking down on medical marijuana grows, which are federal offenses.

He's the President. He has to satisfy his donors (those whom give him large sums of money), his voters (the poeple whom voted for him), the American people, the Democratic Party, Congress, the Surpreme Court, etc.

He's a middleman between us and them, the federal government. If you'd just understand that, you'd cut him a little slack.

--------------------
大开眼界

OfflineThe_Ghost
ゴースト

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: USG Ishimura Flag
    #11241321 - 10/13/09 06:24 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Shroom lover said:
plus why would people have hate for this president after we had Bush for 8 years which didnt really turn out to be a good thing...

Gotta keep in mind that there are people that loved bush. That explains quite a bit.

--------------------
/ / / / / / / LISTEN TO MY MUSIC: E X E D / / / / / / /
The universe gives no fucks. And takes no fucks.
May His Circuits Ever Function

OfflineSillyString525
Much Obliged
Male

Loc: Dirty Dirty South Flag
    #11241322 - 10/13/09 06:24 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Puppets will be puppets no matter what party they are affiliated with!

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Re: Obama [Re: Chespirito]
    #11241346 - 10/13/09 06:27 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I know this is hard for someone as dumb as you to understand but I was posting my opinion just like you are. If I really wanted to I could find sources that help support my opinion but I would rather not waist my time as I do not care what other people believe(unlike you)

:braindamage:

--------------------

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

#11241355 - 10/13/09 06:28 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

meatcakeman said:

He's done enough in that he's stopped the DEA from cracking down on medical marijuana grows, which are federal offenses.

Last I was aware he had that going for about 10 days before he called it off. Now its back to the way it was.:shrug:

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #11241387 - 10/13/09 06:33 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Shroom lover said:

Obama was pushed for the public so that bush would look good

Offlinemeatcakeman
Male User Gallery

#11241403 - 10/13/09 06:35 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

DeathCompany said:
Quote:

meatcakeman said:

Last I was aware he had that going for about 10 days before he called it off. Now its back to the way it was.:shrug:

That's better than what any other President has done.

Isn't it?

And you're wrong. Obama's administration told the DEA to only target grows that break state and federal law; no longer just federal law. Thus, growers whom sell to non-medical users will get busted. And thus far, those are the only growers that have been busted.

You're argument is very one-sided in that it only includes information you want it to include. You fail to realize the holistic scope of things.

Obama's trying, and that's damn good for a President nowadays.

--------------------
大开眼界

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #11241414 - 10/13/09 06:38 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

meatcakeman said:
And you're wrong. Obama's administration told the DEA to only target grows that break state and federal law; no longer just federal law. Thus, growers whom sell to non-medical users will get busted. And thus far, those are the only growers that have been busted.

but we never hear about the acquittal or even the conviction so we dont
know what's actually happening, all we know is that some places get busted
it was no different under bush, soem got busted, some didnt

OfflineRocker232
Stranger

#11241419 - 10/13/09 06:39 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

meatcakeman said:
Quote:

DeathCompany said:
Quote:

meatcakeman said:

Isn't it?

You're argument is very one-sided in that it only includes information you want it to include. You fail to realize the holistic scope of things.

Its great that he's "trying"? He's the President of the U.S, he needs to do more than "try". :facepalm:

--------------------
With Allure I Look to the Sky With Awakened Eyes

Offlinemeatcakeman
Male User Gallery

Re: Obama [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #11241439 - 10/13/09 06:41 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

meatcakeman said:

but we never hear about the acquittal or even the conviction so we dont
know what's actually happening, all we know is that some places get busted
it was no different under bush, soem got busted, some didnt

True. Obama just gave guidelines to the DEA.

Whatever the DEA does within those guidelines is not Obama's fault. So why blame him?

It should be the head of the DEA's fault for unjust busts, not Obama.

I didn't vote for him, but so far, I haven't read or seen any empirical evidence that deems him a bad President. He's passively been going about his business, trying to make most people happy. And most people are.

There will always be people who disagree with his actions, but I think he's trying and giving an honest effort. He's definitely a stark contrast to Bush.

--------------------
大开眼界

Offlinemeatcakeman
Male User Gallery

Re: Obama [Re: Rocker232]
    #11241452 - 10/13/09 06:43 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Rocker232 said:
Quote:

meatcakeman said:
Quote:

DeathCompany said:
Quote:

meatcakeman said:

Isn't it?

Its great that he's "trying"? He's the President of the U.S, he needs to do more than "try". :facepalm:

Tell me a President who has tried more than he has?

If you're under 25 years old, you weren't even alive to see the day.

Sure, he's not the great 'Change' that we were hoping for, but he's not Satan. He's a man. Thus, he has fallacies. One must acknowledge that accordingly.

--------------------
大开眼界

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies