Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewikedanjel
Cultivator
Female
Loc: in the mountains
Stopped Growing
    #1123807 - 12/09/02 01:35 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I have 2-3 jars that have just stopped growing because of there being too much water in the substrate  :frown: sucks.
Other jars made long after them are almost finished and Im thinking about just birthing the dammed things and cutting out what hasnt been colonized. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated  :grin:

--------------------
To all you SoCal MMJ Patients, check out our collectives websites for access to awesome genetics and so much more... :smile:
http://cannanetics.com

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesocratesmind
old hand

Loc: in your house :)
Re: Stopped Growing [Re: wikedanjel]
    #1123861 - 12/09/02 02:01 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

try removing tape and loosening lids to provide a lil gas xchang to dryup the substr8 and maybe they will start back? :smile:

--------------------
Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded.
- Abraham Lincoln: Speech in the Illinois House of Representatives, Dec 18, 1840.

Offlinerhizo
herb eater
Loc: Superposition of possible...
    #1124100 - 12/09/02 06:51 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

yeah, just birth them. see if they continue to colonize without cutting out the uncolonized portion...like a race. if some contam does start to grow i think it would be easy to cut out..but all depends on the size of the uncolonized area. you could also pop them out and run them under water to wash away the uncolonized part and then case em...that's what i'd do

--------------------
An optimist is never pleasantly surprised.

InvisibleBilge
longtimenoC

Loc: USA
    #1124191 - 12/09/02 07:47 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

i have had a similar problem. the top 1/3 to 1/2 of the jars are colonized but colonization has slowed to a crawl. they have been going for over 2 months now.

i was thinking of trying this with one of the jars:

wrap the jar from the lid down in something opaque. maybe just tape some dark paper around it. i was thinking duct tape would be easy to put on but a pain to get back off. anyway, just block out the light for all but the very top of the jar.

then i'd open the jar to expose the very top of the cake to light/air. the mycelium at the very top should begin to fruit. the extra air exchange will invigorate the mycelium and help dry the over-moist substrate in the bottom. while the mycelium begins to fruit out of the top of the jar, it will continue to colonize the bottom but much faster than it has been going recently. the verm layer on top will be a simple casing layer. i won't remove the cakes from the jars until if/when the entire bottom is colonized. i'll need to check the bottom every once in a while for contams and to see if the mycelium has colonized it.

has anyone tried anything like this before? what do you think? i guess it would be called something like the impatient man's invitro tek.

--------------------
Shopping for your head? Visit HeadShopFinder.com or find Online Head Shops.

Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Loc: Amerika
    #1124396 - 12/09/02 09:34 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

could be contaminated?

--------------------
ash dingy donker mo gollyhopper patty popiton rockstop bueno mayo riggedy jig bobber johnathan pattywhacker gogboob t-shirt monkey.

There is such emotion in the distortion.

Offlinewikedanjel
Cultivator
Female
Re: Stopped Growing [Re: 1stimer]
    #1124464 - 12/09/02 10:06 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

In reply to:

could be contaminated?

Uhh I dont see why.

In reply to:

yeah, just birth them. see if they continue to colonize without cutting out the uncolonized portion...like a race. if some contam does start to grow i think it would be easy to cut out..but all depends on the size of the uncolonized area. you could also pop them out and run them under water to wash away the uncolonized part and then case em...that's what i'd do

I think I might just try doing this, because everything else just sounds way to complicated when I have 40 odd jars to take care of.

--------------------
To all you SoCal MMJ Patients, check out our collectives websites for access to awesome genetics and so much more... :smile:

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
    #1124592 - 12/09/02 10:56 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Just cause you don't see a contaminant doesn't mean its not there. I had a jar that was real slow, like a month slower than all the other jars, when it finally started growing, the bitch caught green.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Offlinewikedanjel
Cultivator
Female
Re: Stopped Growing [Re: Skikid16]
    #1128962 - 12/10/02 12:56 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Your making me so sad. lol.

Well I guess then my only option is to wait or just birth, I think I will birth clean off what hasnt colonized and see where it goes from there... if it turns green then fuck.  :mad:

--------------------

OfflineTrippingBillies
SpaceCruiser
Loc: Pangea
    #1128990 - 12/10/02 01:10 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

All my jars that stop growing are contaminated. They slow down and then stop. I open them up to a sour smell. Gay farmer anyone? Thats a Jolly Rancher. Sour Apple perhaps.

--------------------
"It's so obvious it's hard to understand."

Invisiblegeorge castanzaM
Lord Of The Idiots!
Male User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
    #1129029 - 12/10/02 01:27 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

pop them out and take a wiff  :shocked: 

--------------------
KRAMER CAKES

Offlinewikedanjel
Cultivator
Female
Re: Stopped Growing [Re: george castanza]
    #1129297 - 12/10/02 02:45 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

yeah and I'm sure your going to visit me in the hospital too? lol.
Ok yeah ill take a long distance mini wiff :blush:

--------------------

Edited by wikedanjel (12/10/02 02:46 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate