Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Spirituality & Mysticism

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineWasteland
Elektromeister!
Male User Gallery

Loc: A pathetic small town in ...
The Darker Deities
    #11240878 - 10/13/09 07:18 PM (8 years, 9 days ago)

A thread was deleted in the pub, that I think had a decent and mature discussion to be made of it.

So, let's try talking about "evil" from various theological perspectives.

Satan as the rebellious angel a mythological figure is a figure I can relate to.

After all, if there is some big bastard in the sky running things this way, I'd try to overthrown him too, if I had the opportunity.

But after that, he became a figure of torment, temptation, manipulation, and control. This I relate much less to. I only advocate murder and mayhem when their is a certain form of justice behind it.

And as half of the equation of the biblical armageddon, I love the guy. The final battle that Christian extremists spend so much time prophesizing and preaching about, ah, that is one of the things I do still enjoy about their brand of legendry.

Being raised as a Christian, I have some knowledge of Satan as the sinister antagonist throughout the bible, I don't know much of other religions figures of darkness though.

I've seen and read very little of Kali, but she has interested me since I read Calcutta, Lord of Nerves by Poppi Z. Brite.

That's about all I have to offer without a little research.

Anyone have anything else to offer?

--------------------
CLICKY!!!
!
The Mad Shroomer said:
People are always promising the apocalypse. They never deliver. :frown:
http://superftmn.deviantart.com/gallery/

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineteeter
Mindfucked
Male User Gallery

Loc: Philadelphia PA
Re: The Darker Deities [Re: Wasteland]
    #11240946 - 10/13/09 07:32 PM (8 years, 9 days ago)

I don't worship any dieties, but for arguements sake (from the thread Wasteland is talking about), if I was raised in an earlier time where Christianity was the only religion around, I would probably worship the Devil. Satan stands for knowledge, enjoyment of life and standing up for yourself. God stands for ignorance, submission and boredom. I would rather learn, fuck, do droogz and be myself than be ignorant, god fearing and bored sitting in church.

Satan tempted Adam and Eve to eat from the true that gave them knowledge and reasoning, God tried to keep them ignorant. On that basis right there, no matter what, I side with Satan. I don't agree with murder/rape/stealing, but I'd rather murder idiotic Christians than be one of them (as horrible as that is). Plus, I don't think Satan stands for murder and evil, he stands for rebellion; the other stuff is more lumped on to make him look bad, its like a side note. At his core Satan is a fighter for freedom from oppression by God.

Also, random side note: biblical God is a pussy. An angel created by him was able to rebel against him without being smited into oblivion. If Satan is the cause of all bad things, he kicks God's ass on a daily basis. When has God intervened and stopped a natural disaster or a murder: never. When does Satan cause natural disasters and murders: all the fucking time.

End of story, Satan is God's bitch and stands for values that most people these days would believe in.

Disclaimer: I'm an atheist, this arguement has been perfected by laughing at Christians since I was like 12.

--------------------
"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things through narrow chinks of his cavern." - William Blake

"Psychedelics helped me to escape.. albeit momentarily.. from the prison of my mind. It over-rode the habit patterns of thought and I was able to taste innocence again. Looking at sensations freshly without the conceptual overly was very profound." - Ram Das

OfflineWasteland
Elektromeister!
Male User Gallery

Loc: A pathetic small town in ...
Re: The Darker Deities [Re: teeter]
    #11241076 - 10/13/09 07:49 PM (8 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

teeter said:
Disclaimer: I'm an atheist, this arguement has been perfected by laughing at Christians since I was like 12.

As am I, partially. I've seen some strange events unfold that make me pause when I go to say I am an Atheist.

I guess, right now, I am an undecided agnostic, I don't think any religion has the golden, absolute, undeniable truth. But their enjoyable as fictional tales of morals and the plight of mankind.

This thread, isn't so much for the faithful, as for the storyteller and the listener.

I only didn't put it in Philo, because debate was not what I had in mind.

Those who are knowledgable/devout in religion, feel free to post the mythology you wish to represent.

--------------------
CLICKY!!!
!
The Mad Shroomer said:
People are always promising the apocalypse. They never deliver. :frown:
http://superftmn.deviantart.com/gallery/

OfflineDiaboleros
Devil's spawn

#11241421 - 10/13/09 08:39 PM (8 years, 9 days ago)

Yes, the Luciferain Rebellion is simply the devil turning humanity against God. The devil created a new religion, christianity worshiping a fake God, destroying all native religions all over the world, just for the sake of placing this fake God instead of the real, natural God. The luciferian rebeliion is successful when consciousness has developed enough to realize this christian God is a fake God, but at the same time, the population loses his belief in God. The devil has won.

The earth right now is on the brink of destruction. Nobody believes in God anymore. Those who do belief in God, belief in a false God. The devils plan is succesful.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convince humanity he didn't exist. But he also managed to convince humanity God doesn't exist by making humanity worship a fake God for over 2000 years.

Never thought how it was weird that Christianity actually went around slaughtering all other religions, from Rome, to Europe, to America, to Africa.. systematically burning all witches, all heretics. This is the work of the devil. Humanity has been worshipping the devil for over 2000 years now, thinking it was God. Christianity has been pure evil, how nobody can see this is beyond me.

Invisiblewhatdidusay
Travelin Raver
Male

Re: The Darker Deities [Re: Diaboleros]
    #11243595 - 10/14/09 02:25 AM (8 years, 9 days ago)

i dont neccessarily "worship" per say any deities, all though i beleive they exist. various kinds. some we;ve heard of. some we havent. some that only apear in 1 persons mind and no one elses. and vice versa.

--------------------

Offlineusulpsychonaut
Satanist
Male

Loc: Northland, New Zealand. Flag
Re: The Darker Deities [Re: whatdidusay]
    #11244177 - 10/14/09 06:28 AM (8 years, 9 days ago)

Emotions, energy, perceptions and imagination. When I feel old, my skin wrinkling, and my limbs sore and slow, or if I have diarrhoea I imagine Saturn eating his children and being worried by furies.  Saturn also influences how I make cups of tea; I have to dunk the tea bag 50 times to get a fair amount of energy into it.  Hela is my overwhelming sorrow and knowing that there really is no point in trying, because I’ll never get out of this world alive, I’m a broken hearted cowboy and I hang my head and cry. Fenriz is my nervous energy, that has nowhere constructive to go, I am bound by delusions of inferiority, everyone is superior to me and I can not have what they have. Loki is paradox’s resonating in my soul,  self hatred made pure and converted into laughter.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #11244785 - 10/14/09 11:18 AM (8 years, 9 days ago)

I like Baphomet, of the Left Handed Path

OfflineLuSiD9
reality is plastic
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Bowels of Canada
Re: The Darker Deities [Re: MOTH]
    #11246592 - 10/14/09 04:54 PM (8 years, 8 days ago)

anyone interested in the deities of the left hand path should read the bible of the adversary by michaele w. ford... or any of his other books really

Bible of the adversary preview
Luciferian witchcraft preview
Liber HVHI preview
Luciferian goetia

--------------------
Nothing is true, everything is permissible.

Our laws make law impossible; our liberties destroy all freedom; our property is organized robbery; our morality an impudent hypocrisy; our wisdom is administered by inexperienced or mal-experienced dupes; our power wielded by cowards and weaklings; and our honour false in all its points. I am an enemy of the existing order for good reasons.

Edited by LuSiD9 (10/14/09 05:04 PM)

Invisiblewhatdidusay
Travelin Raver
Male

Re: The Darker Deities [Re: usulpsychonaut]
    #11252716 - 10/15/09 02:15 PM (8 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

usulpsychonaut said:
Emotions, energy, perceptions and imagination. When I feel old, my skin wrinkling, and my limbs sore and slow, or if I have diarrhoea I imagine Saturn eating his children and being worried by furies.  Saturn also influences how I make cups of tea; I have to dunk the tea bag 50 times to get a fair amount of energy into it.  Hela is my overwhelming sorrow and knowing that there really is no point in trying, because I�ll never get out of this world alive, I�m a broken hearted cowboy and I hang my head and cry. Fenriz is my nervous energy, that has nowhere constructive to go, I am bound by delusions of inferiority, everyone is superior to me and I can not have what they have. Loki is paradox�s resonating in my soul,  self hatred made pure and converted into laughter.

i dunno d00d but u sound high az balls. bc im high as the sky, and i cant even uderstand what u just said. but it sounded cool. something about gods and goddesses. u should check out the alien races, ancient races, deities and pantheon post.
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/11252694

--------------------

InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male Arcade Champion: Candy

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The Darker Deities [Re: whatdidusay]
    #11253499 - 10/15/09 04:08 PM (8 years, 8 days ago)

deities are generally aspects of the unconsciousness or some psychological element/archetype although i'm inclined to think there are inter dimensional forms of existence that meddle in human history.

--------------------

Offlinemycould
Stranger

Loc: Somewhere over the Rainbo...
Re: The Darker Deities [Re: Bridgeburner]
    #11263681 - 10/17/09 03:42 AM (8 years, 6 days ago)

It could be argued that the anti christ is the jesus christ christians currently worship right now.  Religion is a personal experience i find it almost impossible to share the exact same beliefs with anyone.  Most religions are saying the same exact thing just from different perspectives.  six or a half dozen type shit.  If i had to pull any meaning from organized religions though it would be that meaning can be taken from anything if you look at it from enough angles.  Darkness is in all of us as well as the Light, so to speak.  It is needed for the harmonious cause and effect existence we live in.  Its almost like you cant really know happiness unless you've felt sadness or the other way around. I guess the only thing i've learned is to develop my own opinions, and its pretty self defeating to try and tell another human that they should do the same.

--------------------
Whether you believe you can or believe you cant, either way you're probably right.

InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male Arcade Champion: Candy

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The Darker Deities [Re: mycould]
    #11264836 - 10/17/09 12:34 PM (8 years, 6 days ago)

the bible says there can be antichrists, not just one. of course there are about dozen antichrists per century :crazy2:

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Spirituality & Mysticism