Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, 10cc Syringe, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinedutc2006
Experimenter
Male

Folding@home Statistics
1st time using Ralphsters, question on my syringe.
    #11240536 - 10/13/09 06:18 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Okay, so the first syringe I bought came from a supplier that is not on Shroomery's sponsor list.  I have jars colonizing right now from it and they are doing great.  They were PBs and came packaged well and the contents of the syringe were clear.  Now I know that sometimes you cannot see the spores and sometimes you can.  The PB syringe you could not see the spores, it just looked like water.  I just received my first syringe of PESA from Ralphster's and it just looks dirty.  No offense here but I cannot tell what I am looking at inside this syringe.  It has this reddish brown streaky film caked up on the inside wall of the syringe.  It doesn't move when I shake the syringe like I thought spores would.  There is also some gunk of the same color caked up on the outside of the tip of the syringe where the cap is.  I can clean this away easily enough but the stuff inside is what I'm worried about. I hate to sound like I'm downing a sponsor here it is just I'm still new and trying to make sure this is normal for the spores to stick to the inside wall of the syringe.  The first syringe I bought was very clean and came in a sealed ziploc bag.  This one came loosely and poorly packaged IMO in the cut open tip of the sterilized package with the needle separate and nothing to keep the syringe from knocking about inside the box.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineDamion5050
Mush Doctor
Male User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Translation ! Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: 1st time using Ralphsters, question on my syringe. [Re: dutc2006]
    #11240554 - 10/13/09 06:21 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Looks like that cause Ralphsters packed it full of spores.. His products are top notch, I have never had a problem with his syringes and some people have but even then if you bring it to his attention he fixes it.. 

As far as the other place you bought from, :deepman: who knows maybe they send you a good syringe, or maybe you got contams growing in your jar.. Hard to say..

Invisibleartizen
JEFFERSONIAN
Male

Loc: HOME SWEET HOME
Re: 1st time using Ralphsters, question on my syringe. [Re: Damion5050]
    #11241049 - 10/13/09 07:46 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

yeah sometimes spores clump together, sometimes they look hazey, sometimes it's clear.

Ralph is the man.:super:

--------------------
Formula: 0:levitate: Formula: 1                                                                                                     
HCA               AMU
IN  LOVING  MEMORY

1.6.1917  -  4.3.2010

Offlinedutc2006
Experimenter
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: 1st time using Ralphsters, question on my syringe. [Re: Damion5050]
    #11241077 - 10/13/09 07:49 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Damion5050 said:

As far as the other place you bought from, :deepman: who knows maybe they send you a good syringe, or maybe you got contams growing in your jar.. Hard to say..

What is your logic here?  Maybe I have contams growing in my jar but I said they are doing great, and there is no sign of anything but healthy threadlike myc growing 20 days after inoculation.  Maybe in an effort to provide "top notch" products he could clean the syringes off and package them decent.  I mean in a hobby where cleanliness is godliness a dirty syringe hardly seems top notch.

OfflineDamion5050
Mush Doctor
Male User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Translation ! Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #11241094 - 10/13/09 07:52 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

dutc2006 said:
Quote:

Damion5050 said:

What is your logic here?  Maybe I have contams growing in my jar but I said they are doing great, and there is no sign of anything but healthy threadlike myc growing 20 days after inoculation.  Maybe in an effort to provide "top notch" products he could clean the syringes off and package them decent.  I mean in a hobby where cleanliness is godliness a dirty syringe hardly seems top notch.

To say raplh isn't top notch is just stupid.. He backs his products up, he gives refunds or give new syringes as needed if there are messed up ones.. Try and do that with the place you ordered those from.. 

Also how do you know if it's mycelium, could be a contamination, the only way to find out is to put it into fruiting conditions, till then it's a crap shoot.

InvisibleShea25
Just some guy
Male

Loc: Westcoast Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #11241099 - 10/13/09 07:53 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Spore packed syringes are not that good of a thing, I prefer clearer syringes im talking 1/5 of a print per 10cc of solution. When you start getting lots of spores into a syringe your contam rate goes up and so can the colonization time

Invisibleartizen
JEFFERSONIAN
Male

#11241162 - 10/13/09 08:01 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

don't sweat it,bro. i've got syringes from other sources that appeared to be "safely packaged" and the needles were damaged, solution leaking, and they took forever to replace it, only after i twisted their arm. i've never had a problem with ralph ( or a single contam from his products ) but if you think you have a legit prob just email him.

btw i think this should be in the Sponsors forum.

--------------------
HCA               AMU
IN  LOVING  MEMORY

1.6.1917  -  4.3.2010

Offlinedutc2006
Experimenter
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: 1st time using Ralphsters, question on my syringe. [Re: artizen]
    #11241470 - 10/13/09 08:45 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Sorry if you think I posted this in the wrong forum but I was asking about the contents of the syringe, not who sold it to me.  I know that Ralph is very reputable on this site which is why I chose to go with him on my second purchase.  I believe that my original question has been answered that the spores may appear as a streaky spot on the syringe.  I just wanted to be sure this is normal because I am still new to this.  I don't have enough problem with the gunk on the tip of the syringe to tell Ralph about it, I can easily clean that.  I don't have enough of a problem with the packaging to tell Ralph about it because at least I got mine delivered in one piece. 

As far as my first purchase, it was from MicroTech Inc.  It was the first thing that came up when I googled "shroom spores".  They had a secure checkout site and a professional setup.  I assumed, albeit naively, that they were trustworthy and made my purchase. However, 7days later I received my box, the syringe was in a ziploc bag with a typed note explaining why the syringe was clear, and not to be concerned that some strains appeared this way regardless of the concentration of spores.  It had a printed label with the strain name on the syringe.  It was very professional looking, though I know looks can be deceiving.  It was after my purchase that I joined this site and quickly realized that they were probably not the best vendor.  Is it common to have growth in your jars that is bright white that isn't the cubensis myc growing?  Please tell me more about this, because I was under the interpretation that usually contams show as different colors, except maybe cobweb which usually doesn't occur in jars.

InvisibleShea25
Just some guy
Male

Loc: Westcoast Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #11241493 - 10/13/09 08:47 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Theres cob web but tis rare to get in jars and its not as white as healthy myc you should def be able to tell the diff between the two

Other then that you have to rely on the sight and smell for contams, anything that not white is usually bad especially if it takes your jars over at a realllly fast rate

Edited by Shea25 (10/13/09 08:49 PM)

Invisibleartizen
JEFFERSONIAN
Male

#11241625 - 10/13/09 09:08 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

trich can show up as white at first, the green is actually the trich sporelating, but i wouldn't worry about it. you said it was pretty rhizo and 20 days in, right? post some pics.

i wasn't doggin you on the forum thing, just thought i should mention it. even if the other place does have a good product i'd still prefer discreet lableing.

:goodluck:and welcome to the shroomery.

--------------------
HCA               AMU
IN  LOVING  MEMORY

1.6.1917  -  4.3.2010

Offlinedutc2006
Experimenter
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: 1st time using Ralphsters, question on my syringe. [Re: artizen]
    #11242009 - 10/13/09 09:53 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

artizen said:
even if the other place does have a good product i'd still prefer discreet lableing.

:goodluck:and welcome to the shroomery.

Thanks dude, appreciate it. 
I meant that the syringe itself was labeled.  The packaging from both sources was discrete.

I posted some pics in another thread and I was reassured that the jars looked good.  In that thread I was concerned about grains of vermiculite being pushed against the inside of the jar and not being colonized around.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, 10cc Syringe, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation