Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTheBandit
Infidel
Male

online college
    #11239813 - 10/13/09 04:20 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

anyone that attends one, or has attended one? i'm going to a community college right now but juggling that with everything else is pretty hard with no vehicle atm. i was thinking about enrolling at university of phoenix.

opinions?

--------------------

[quote]RogerRabbit said:
Ah, that explains it.  Typical know-it-all noob.  We get a few thousand just like you register here every year.  They try a few grows, fail miserably and then after a few months or one bad trip, go back to sniffing glue, never to be seen again.

We have a basic pf tek that's idiot proof enough for noobs to get fucked up with their friends. 

Mycologists on the other hand grow for the love of growing.  They want to experiment with various species, substrates, and fruiting environments. They'll move on to isolate strains, attempt hybridization, and in general treat cultivation as an artform, rather than a chore that must be performed as a means to an end.  They'll work twice as hard for a ten percent gain, just for the love of perfection.  These are the ones who will isolate strains, not the dumb fucks who treat mushrooms as a drug, or even worse, a pathogen, as if mushrooms cause disease.
RR [/quote]

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTaco Chef
running good
Male User Gallery

Loc: the city of dis
Re: online college [Re: TheBandit]
    #11239892 - 10/13/09 04:32 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

take on line courses from an actual college.

sending money to phoenix is like sending money to nigeria.

--------------------

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
Re: online college [Re: Taco Chef]
    #11239916 - 10/13/09 04:36 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

i think the only thing is you have to make sure the online college is properly accredited.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

OfflineTheBandit
Infidel
Male

#11239935 - 10/13/09 04:39 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

novumorganum said:
take on line courses from an actual college.

sending money to phoenix is like sending money to nigeria.

why you say that?

--------------------

[quote]RogerRabbit said:
Ah, that explains it.  Typical know-it-all noob.  We get a few thousand just like you register here every year.  They try a few grows, fail miserably and then after a few months or one bad trip, go back to sniffing glue, never to be seen again.

We have a basic pf tek that's idiot proof enough for noobs to get fucked up with their friends. 

Mycologists on the other hand grow for the love of growing.  They want to experiment with various species, substrates, and fruiting environments. They'll move on to isolate strains, attempt hybridization, and in general treat cultivation as an artform, rather than a chore that must be performed as a means to an end.  They'll work twice as hard for a ten percent gain, just for the love of perfection.  These are the ones who will isolate strains, not the dumb fucks who treat mushrooms as a drug, or even worse, a pathogen, as if mushrooms cause disease.
RR [/quote]

OfflineNeuron
Tek Savant
Male

Loc: @meriKa
    #11239997 - 10/13/09 04:47 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

He says that, because most online schools RAPE you up the ass in tuition prices- usually $20,000 to $30,000 a year for a 'free degree'. One that will not impress employers, and leave you with loans to pay for the rest of your life.

Even a UC charges 10K per year, in state.

CSU charges 5k per year, in state.

Go to a real college, earn a 'real' degree(work for it), and don't waste your money. Take the bus if you have to.

--------------------

OfflineTaco Chef
running good
Male User Gallery

Loc: the city of dis
    #11240000 - 10/13/09 04:47 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------

OfflineTheBandit
Infidel
Male

#11240029 - 10/13/09 04:52 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

theres a university of phoenix campus near where i live....so they are a real college. maybe if i took the majority of my classes online and a few at the campus, that would be better?

--------------------

[quote]RogerRabbit said:

RR [/quote]

OfflineJT
Male User Gallery

Loc: athens Flag
    #11240061 - 10/13/09 04:57 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

http://www.ripoffreport.com/Colleges-and-Universities/University-Of-Phoeni/university-of-phoenix-scam-us-ffege.htm

no one will respect a degree from UoP. it's not an accredited university. your credits will not be able to transfer to any real universities if you ever wish to pursue a bachelors degree. it's also just as expensive as a state college, and you can take state college courses online, so why would you not just go for the real thing?

OfflineNeuron
Tek Savant
Male

Loc: @meriKa
Re: online college [Re: JT]
    #11240070 - 10/13/09 04:58 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

JT said:
http://www.ripoffreport.com/Colleges-and-Universities/University-Of-Phoeni/university-of-phoenix-scam-us-ffege.htm

no one will respect a degree from UoP. it's not an accredited university. your credits will not be able to transfer to any real universities if you ever wish to pursue a bachelors degree. it's also just as expensive as a state college, and you can take state college courses online, so why would you not just go for the real thing?

thanks JT, I was too lazy to post a link. BTW, updated your rating- sorry for the mixup.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub