Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
Lee Co. man charged with mushroom possession
    #11238408 - 10/13/09 11:32 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

JONESVILLE — A Lee County man has been arrested and charged with possession of an exotic drug uncommon for the area, according to Lee County Sheriff Gary Parsons.

Parsons reports that 23-year-old Joshua Adam Stiltner, was stopped on Highway 58 near the top of Powell Mountain, coming back into Lee County, with an ounce of mushrooms. Parsons said the bust was based on an informant’s tip.

Parsons said the mushrooms had been dried, bagged, and prepared for sale. He said the street value of the drug runs around $1,000. Mushrooms are an uncommon drug for the region, according to Parsons, and can only be grown under certain conditions. They are native to Mexico and parts of South America and can only be smoked or ingested.

According to www.drugfree.org, mushrooms have “hallucinogenic principles” that can cause distorted perceptions, nervousness and paranoia, and even fears of insanity or death. In Central America, the “magic” mushrooms were often used in native rituals for thousands of years.

A schedule 1 drug is the highest classification in Virginia, which are the most dangerous drugs and have no medicinal purposes, according to Parsons. A schedule 1 conviction is a felony. Maximum jail time for the conviction runs up to ten years and a fine of up to $2,500.

Stiltner is being held at the Duffield Regional Jail on a $1,000 bond.

Stephen Woodward is a Staff Writer for the Daily News. He may be contacted at swoodward@middlesborodailynews.com.

http://www.middlesborodailynews.com/pages/full_story/push?article-Lee%20Co-%20man%20charged%20with%20mushroom%20-possession%20&id=3951245&instance=home_news_lead

--------------------
http://heffter.org

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineshroomgatherer
Connoisseur of the finer things
Male User Gallery

Loc: Florida
Re: Lee Co. man charged with mushroom possession [Re: motaman]
    #11238444 - 10/13/09 11:42 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Parsons reports that 23-year-old Joshua Adam Stiltner, was stopped on Highway 58 near the top of Powell Mountain, coming back into Lee County, with an ounce of mushrooms. Parsons said the bust was based on an informant’s tip.

Parsons said the mushrooms had been dried, bagged, and prepared for sale. He said the street value of the drug runs around $1,000.

Ha, crazy talk.  $1000/ounce yah RIGHT.

OfflineUnparalized
Young Cardinal
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
    #11238508 - 10/13/09 11:59 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Lets see if this makes sense,... he had what could have been 1000$ worth of mushies, is held at a 1000$ dollar bond... Can we make a deal at the booking desk?

--------------------
This Is All Just An Echo Of What Has All Ready Happened!

OfflineHybridprX
Biodegrader of coir
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Lee Co. man charged with mushroom possession [Re: Unparalized]
    #11238581 - 10/13/09 12:17 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

If they were sold for $1,000 a oz then they're probably some sort of rare truffle.

"In other news today a lb of salvia divorium was seized for a estimated street value of $2,500"

Everything's a joke until someone gets 10 years in prison for fungi

--------------------

OfflineTryptamineDream
Stranger
Female
Re: Lee Co. man charged with mushroom possession [Re: HybridprX]
    #11238798 - 10/13/09 01:08 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I think it's pretty obvious by now that law enforcement officers pull these inflated numbers out of their ass for the press because hey, who's going to check them?

I love how the article uses "drugfree.org" as a source of information about mushrooms and their effects. I honestly do not understand how the slack-jawed masses who gobble up this shit - or even the reporters who write it - can take these descriptions at face value. If "distorted perceptions, nervousness, paranoia . . . fears of insanity or death" are the primary effects of mushrooms, why the fuck would people eat them? Do the people who read this shit not realize that there must be something missing? I say the reporters are especially culpable. I really do think that it's not so much that these small-town reporters have any sort of agenda so much as it's that they're as fucking stupid as the readerbase they serve.

:facepalm:

OfflineSolemente
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Lee Co. man charged with mushroom possession [Re: TryptamineDream]
    #11238930 - 10/13/09 01:37 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Oh man that story is just chocked full of:facepalm:

OfflineThreemoonshrooms
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#11240749 - 10/13/09 06:56 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

You know if we could get 1,000$ FOR AN oZ OF MUSHIES. . .it would not be a problem to get our true known facts out there to these fuckers who have not a fucking clue as to what they are writing about.(that reporter has done no research of any REAL kind).Maybe they will try hardernext time. . .

Offlineoctomom
fly on the wall
Male User Gallery

Re: Lee Co. man charged with mushroom possession [Re: Threemoonshrooms]
    #11240990 - 10/13/09 07:39 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

haha nice pic unparalyzed!

OfflineIngrimus
Wakka Wakka Dune

#11242076 - 10/13/09 10:00 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

wow....just...wow....

--------------------

"d00d. I'm totally tripping balls."

"Don't attempt to stifle his experimentation because you have a hardon for me." -RogerRabbit

LEARN TENACITY - HAVE PATIENCE.
WITHOUT IT - YOU WILL NOT SUCCEED AT THIS HOBBY.
-Agar

THIS SHIT IS MAGICAL TRIPSTALMETH STOP JUDGEMENTING ON MY HABITS

Oh no there aint no rest for the wicked, until we close our eyes for good.

Offlineteeter
Mindfucked
Male User Gallery

Loc: Philadelphia PA
    #11242598 - 10/13/09 11:11 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

motaman said:
...can only be smoked or ingested.

Since when can mushrooms be smoked? What a retard.

--------------------
"If the doors of perception were cleansed every thing would appear to man as it is, infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things through narrow chinks of his cavern." - William Blake

"Psychedelics helped me to escape.. albeit momentarily.. from the prison of my mind. It over-rode the habit patterns of thought and I was able to taste innocence again. Looking at sensations freshly without the conceptual overly was very profound." - Ram Das

OfflineThaiTea
Superconnected
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hollywood, CA
Re: Lee Co. man charged with mushroom possession [Re: teeter]
    #11242705 - 10/13/09 11:29 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

reading this makes me angry

--------------------
"I take comfort in the fact that my true purpose in life will make perfect sense mathmatically, but will be discovered through the construction of an avant garde art project done by a 6th grader with aspergers twenty years from today.

Could the presence of Junkies account for all these uneaten french fries?

InvisiblePolk_Audio3
"Swisher Sweets"
Male User Gallery

Loc: Amsterdam
Re: Lee Co. man charged with mushroom possession [Re: ThaiTea]
    #11243014 - 10/14/09 12:13 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Did they say the mushrooms can be smoked :confused:

--------------------

Offlineblujay
pass it b*ch!
Male User Gallery

Re: Lee Co. man charged with mushroom possession [Re: Polk_Audio3]
    #11243104 - 10/14/09 12:30 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

motaman said:

JONESVILLE ? A Lee County man has been arrested and charged with possession of an exotic drug uncommon for the area, according to Lee County Sheriff Gary Parsons.

Add SignaturParsons reports that 23-year-old Joshua Adam Stiltner, was stopped on Highway 58 near the top of Powell Mountain, coming back into Lee County, with an ounce of mushrooms. Parsons said the bust was based on an informant?s tip.

Parsons said the mushrooms had been dried, bagged, and prepared for sale. He said the street value of the drug runs around $1,000. Mushrooms are an uncommon drug for the region, according to Parsons, and can only be grown under certain conditions. They are native to Mexico and parts of South America and can only be smoked or ingested.

According to www.drugfree.org, mushrooms have ?hallucinogenic principles? that can cause distorted perceptions, nervousness and paranoia, and even fears of insanity or death. In Central America, the ?magic? mushrooms were often used in native rituals for thousands of years.

A schedule 1 drug is the highest classification in Virginia, which are the most dangerous drugs and have no medicinal purposes, according to Parsons. A schedule 1 conviction is a felony. Maximum jail time for the conviction runs up to ten years and a fine of up to $2,500.

Stiltner is being held at the Duffield Regional Jail on a $1,000 bond.

Stephen Woodward is a Staff Writer for the Daily News. He may be contacted at swoodward@middlesborodailynews.com.

http://www.middlesborodailynews.com/pages/full_story/push?article-Lee%20Co-%20man%20charged%20with%20mushroom%20-possession%20&id=3951245&instance=home_news_lead

If I lived in the fantasyland our law enforcement seems to, I wouldn't be worried about how to pay my rent, and those last two bags would have paid my rent and car insurance with room to buy a new TV.

--------------------

wat man rly

Offlineblujay
pass it b*ch!
Male User Gallery

#11243130 - 10/14/09 12:35 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

LOL I never looked at the Drugfree for shrooms! It's even funnier than the pot one!

--------------------

wat man rly

Offlinedcox420
Adrenaline Junkie
 User Gallery

Loc: South East USA
Re: Lee Co. man charged with mushroom possession [Re: blujay]
    #11243385 - 10/14/09 01:30 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

WOW...just as everyone else here said 1000/oz????...I mean WTF are these things friggin gold covered or some other stupid shit. This number is so grossly inflated just for the reason of gaining federal drug money. Dumbass donut sucking motherfuckers would lie about the sky being blue if it would get them an extra dime of funding.

--------------------

My Busa...Nothing better than hitting the highway at 3am with no traffic and kicking it up to 110-120.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Salvia

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service