Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Checkout: www.knowmore.org - sage francis/b.dolan website
    #11231213 - 10/12/09 02:12 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

http://www.knowmore.org/

This is a website which promotes and educates people about consumer responsibility, it was started by spoken word artist B.Dolan and hiphop artist Sage Francis.

It is loaded with documentaries and hyperlinked information regarding ethical consumption, aswell as information about irresponsible corporations.

I am just getting into it, but its very informative and professional. Big thumbs up to the artists using their influence to educate people about the truth.

Check it out. EDIT: it might be better described as a user created social responsibility encyclopedia.

" Mission Statement
We are a grassroots, web-based community dedicated to chronicling and resisting corporate attacks on democracy, worker's and human rights, fair trade, business ethics and the environment. Our shared goal of a more informed and conscious consumer is being accomplished via this website: a vast database of easily searchable corporate and political info designed to aid responsible citizens, progressive thinkers and activists. We are not affiliated with any political party, candidate, or PAC in any way. Our primary objective is to provide an independent, objective source of information to our readers about some of the most crucial, contested topics of our time. "

PS: anyone into sage francis?

Edited by PDU (10/12/09 02:18 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleToolTroll
tourettic
Male User Gallery

Loc: N. Cack
Re: Checkout: www.knowmore.org - sage francis/b.dolan website [Re: PDU]
    #11235606 - 10/12/09 08:18 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

This seems like a very informative website. I really love the idea of voting with one's wallet. However, most people don't really care enough to search through this information, so I think it only appeals to the already converted. But definitely a resource that could be very useful to certain people.
I enjoy Sage Francis from time to time. He's got a great sense of humor and a great point of view of things.

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Re: Checkout: www.knowmore.org - sage francis/b.dolan website [Re: ToolTroll]
    #11235840 - 10/12/09 08:45 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, true that. I am very conscientious with how i spend my money.

It helps me refine my ideas though, seeing that other people have the same beliefs, + its expanding my vocabulary pertaining to this type of thing. "activist vocab?"

BUMP.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

Re: Checkout: www.knowmore.org - sage francis/b.dolan website [Re: PDU]
    #11236087 - 10/12/09 09:18 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

nice :thumbup: this could be a good resource, but people should always do research on the companies they choose to support, this website won't tell us everything

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Re: Checkout: www.knowmore.org - sage francis/b.dolan website [Re: Hendostan]
    #11236783 - 10/12/09 10:54 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Hendostan said:
nice :thumbup: this could be a good resource, but people should always do research on the companies they choose to support, this website won't tell us everything

Its pretty daunting to research companies. I pretty much operate under the "support small business + sustainable technologies whenever possible" philosophy.

How do you research a company? Just look online or...

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order