Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewikedanjel
Cultivator
Female
Loc: in the mountains
Other form of Incubation?
    #1122589 - 12/08/02 05:48 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

No matter what I do for some reason the aquarium heater incubation thing isnt working for me... the heater alway stops working, the water gets slimmy or something goes wrong.... does anyone know any other way of incubating jars? :confused:

--------------------
To all you SoCal MMJ Patients, check out our collectives websites for access to awesome genetics and so much more... :smile:
http://cannanetics.com

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineyogenfruzen
Gogs
Loc: FunkyTown
Re: Other form of Incubation? [Re: wikedanjel]
    #1122597 - 12/08/02 05:54 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

I have a great way but I doubt many people will be able to do it. Anyway, if you have a waterbed, like me, pull your matress away from the side a bit and put your jars between your matress and the liner then put the matress back. There ya go, 80F and it doesn't change by more then 1F.

--------------------
If you drive a drink and a cop pulls you over and says "Your drunk" it's ok because you have no choice, your driving a drink!

InvisibleSixCee
keep rolling
Male

Loc: US, Chicago
Re: Other form of Incubation? [Re: yogenfruzen]
    #1122622 - 12/08/02 06:07 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

A strong light will work but stealth is at stake when using it.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-->The above statements may or not be true.
->Quote of the Moment :
"Yea. All bitches are whores who love sex." -Cubie
----> PMs checked daily.

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
Re: Other form of Incubation? [Re: SixCee]
    #1122626 - 12/08/02 06:11 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

The problem with using a strong light is the risk of drying out your substrate. It can be done with success, you just have a higher risk of drying out your jars than if you used an aquarium heater.

To the origional poster, how are you using you aquarium heater, what set up are you using?

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Edited by Skikid16 (12/08/02 06:12 PM)

Offlineisam
vofw

Loc: NV, USA
    #1122660 - 12/08/02 06:31 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

What type of fish tank heater are you using? I had a lot of problems with my first 2 fish tank heaters too. The first one broke and the second one filled up with water (it's supposed to be airtight!). The way I fixed it was to spend the extra $ on a nice heater. I spent probably $35 for mine but it's completely submersible and has a thermostat on it (the temperature is even measured in degrees, not just lo/hi). You can heat the incubator two ways. One is to have a large bowl/pitcher/container of water and put the heater inside of it (LOTS of humidity) and the other way is to get 2 watertight containers (that can be stacked one inside the other) and fill the bottom one with water. Submerge the heater and put the second container inside the first one. It should float on top of the water and your incubator should stay at whatever temperature you desire.

--------------------
Muad'Dib
muaddib@immortaldescendants.org
RET

OfflineGr8fulJ420
strange but nota stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: 0 moco
    #1123389 - 12/08/02 10:34 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Check a grocery store for a styrofoam cooler. Take an empty two liter soda bottle (or any other type of liquid-holding container) and stick an aquarium heater in it. Put that inside the styrofoam bin and put then put in your jars. Set the temp to whatever your tek recommends for incubating and wait. Very efficient.

Offlinewikedanjel
Cultivator
Female
Re: Other form of Incubation? [Re: isam]
    #1123561 - 12/08/02 11:50 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Hmm I broke 3 aquarium heaters so far, I don't know how really... the first just stopped working, I am using the two containers stacked. I bought another one that was the same, small and cheap hoping it would work but they both failed in about 3 days. I bought a bigger more expensive one about 20 bux. and in a few days it went to shit just like the rest... Now I'm just annoyed, I'm not really trying to hide anything considering I have an entire room devoted to my mushrooms. I think I'm going to get a new one again and try the coke bottle in the middle thing. This way i can even buy 2 heaters and have more space to incubate more jars or get a bigger container. Thanks to all for your help.

--------------------
To all you SoCal MMJ Patients, check out our collectives websites for access to awesome genetics and so much more... :smile:

Offlinemlv
Stranger
    #1123669 - 12/09/02 12:33 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

a heating pad under the bottom bin works, also try puting a splash of bleach in your water, then it wont get slimey.

Anonymous

Re: Other form of Incubation? [Re: mlv]
    #1124673 - 12/09/02 11:24 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

here is cheap and you only need to have is heat pad , big styrofoam box

take the heat put it inside the box along one end of it then put your jar on the other side close it up adjust the temp once it been closed for 15 minutes .plus you can use the same box for fruiting chamber too. finding the box is easy go down to the pet store that has fresh or salt water fish they will have the boxes they ship them in they will give you some just ask but here a pic of one of my incubators

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
    #1124709 - 12/09/02 11:38 AM (21 years, 3 months ago)

In reply to:

I am using the two containers stacked.

tell me you bought the submersible kind of heaters? If so, did you place the heater in the water and plug it in, or did you give the heater 15 minutes before plugging in?

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Edited by Skikid16 (12/09/02 11:47 AM)

Offlinewikedanjel
Cultivator
Female
Re: Other form of Incubation? [Re: Skikid16]
    #1125181 - 12/09/02 02:19 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

tell me you bought the submersible kind of heaters? If so, did you place the heater in the water and plug it in, or did you give the heater 15 minutes before plugging in? 

yes I followed the instructions for a SUBMERSIBLE heater. Im just going to buy a better one and do something with a coke bottle or maybe the gallon jugs of water would be good. :grin:  

--------------------

OfflineOn_the_Down-Low
Polyfil-ophile-Say it 3 timesfast.

#1125216 - 12/09/02 02:31 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Either spend the $20-$30 for a "Visa-Therm" brand heateror go cheap,and use the jar's box,and put it on top of the fridge.

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Other form of Incubation? [Re: ]
    #1125254 - 12/09/02 02:46 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

please explain more. I am stoned and not taking it in.  :smirk:
Sorry! 

--------------------
buh

Offlinewikedanjel
Cultivator
Female
Re: Other form of Incubation? [Re: shirley knott]
    #1128946 - 12/10/02 12:53 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Hey share the wealth lol.

Ive got my prob fixed if the heater doesnt go out again then it should be just fine in the water jug thats in the middle, thanks to who ever said that. :grin:

--------------------

Invisiblerazer
enthusiast
    #1129251 - 12/10/02 02:27 PM (21 years, 3 months ago)

Are there any good heating pads with temp control on them? I asked at the pet store and they told me they'd "Fry my fish" because you couldnt control the temp. I didnt want to "fry my fish" as he said so I grabbed a submersable one. Which I have also had a hard time working. Its very inconsistant with temps.

--------------------
All events stated by myself are only fictionous stories, any relations to true events are intirely coincidental.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix