Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Air Stone, Hydroponics Supplies, Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSS32
Stranger

Loc: elsewhere
Fish Tank Pump for FAE
    #11235271 - 10/12/09 09:32 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

I have a fish tank pump rated for a 65 gallon aquarium in my FC, which is 35 gallons.  Will it provide enough FAE?  I'm not sure exactly how much air fish need, and I'm assuming it's less than mushrooms, so I don't know if a 65g pump is good enough for a 35g FC.

--------------------
Did he dream about dragons? Did he dream about deer? Did he whisper  he names of friends who were near?
What songs did they play, and how far away? Why did he whisper, why did she scream?
What does the sound of a screen door mean?
Who talks on the hill? Who goes to the cellar, can you feel the chill? Where does the river, when will the wind?
How far are the mountains? Where do they end? Why would the church?
Did the service begin? Tell me who died, and tell me who cried.
Help me hide in the skin of a deer, my zippered-up bag in the mouth of a stag so swiftly I go through rows of does,
it flows, it flows, it flows, it flows all over the hill where the green grass grows.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleratdog
wild capture trader
Male User Gallery

Loc: Colorado mount. top
Re: Fish Tank Pump for FAE [Re: SS32]
    #11235310 - 10/12/09 09:38 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

what volume of air does it pump per hour.

--------------------
some people just don't get it:spank:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/11241796
so here is a video or two or three for you guys:rolleyes:

OfflineSatori23
Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Lost In America Flag
    #11235336 - 10/12/09 09:41 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

If you were to place the bubblerstone in a cup of water it would do a fairly good job. I would still recommend fanning a couple times a day. Are you using perlite as well?

Fish tanks can be used and work but if you don't have a dusty place I would recommend a shotgun terrarium instead of messing with the fish pump, I've tried the fish pump and its just easier to automate your FAE with something like a shotgun terrarium.

Good luck.

--------------------

My Drying Chamber

OfflineSS32
Stranger

Re: Fish Tank Pump for FAE [Re: Satori23]
    #11235373 - 10/12/09 09:48 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Not sure what the flow rate is, it doesn't say on the pump or on the site where I bought it.  I'm using a blend between a PMP and shotgun.  I have water in the bottom with the air stones.  Then the cakes will sit in an elevated tray with a couple inches of perlite.  Even without the perlite, I'm at 97% RH, so humidity isn't a problem; FAE is all I'm worried about at this point.  I'm testing everything to make sure it's working how I want it before it gets put into service.

--------------------
Did he dream about dragons? Did he dream about deer? Did he whisper  he names of friends who were near?
What songs did they play, and how far away? Why did he whisper, why did she scream?
Who talks on the hill? Who goes to the cellar, can you feel the chill? Where does the river, when will the wind?
Help me hide in the skin of a deer, my zippered-up bag in the mouth of a stag so swiftly I go through rows of does,
it flows, it flows, it flows, it flows all over the hill where the green grass grows.

OfflineDamion5050
Mush Doctor
Male User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Translation ! Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #11235385 - 10/12/09 09:51 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

U need to switch that around because the perlite will eventually clog your airstones and it makes for a pain in the ass..

Just make a regular shotgun, then put a glass of water with a air stone in it on top of the perlite in the corner if you want.

OfflineSatori23
Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Lost In America Flag
Re: Fish Tank Pump for FAE [Re: Damion5050]
    #11235410 - 10/12/09 09:54 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Damion5050 said:
U need to switch that around because the perlite will eventually clog your airstones and it makes for a pain in the ass..

Just make a regular shotgun, then put a glass of water with a air stone in it on top of the perlite in the corner if you want.

Quote:

Damion5050 said:

Quote:

Damion5050 said:

Quote:

Damion5050 said:

--------------------

My Drying Chamber

OfflineSS32
Stranger

#11235499 - 10/12/09 10:06 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

I think you misunderstood what I'm saying.  I saw another member do this with amazing success.  The tray with perlite is elevated, so there's no way it could clog anything.  I've had it running for a couple days with no problems to see where the humidity would stabilize without perlite.

--------------------

Invisibleratdog
wild capture trader
Male User Gallery

Loc: Colorado mount. top
    #11235514 - 10/12/09 10:07 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

i guess if you want you could put the air stones in a jar even if its just to see the volume of air emitted. but i agree with using something that will not clog the stones. i have mine buried in the round clay balls they use for hydroponics. no clogging yet but we will see.

if you do bubble in a jar you can decide for your self if there is enough air exchange.

--------------------
some people just don't get it:spank:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/11241796
so here is a video or two or three for you guys:rolleyes:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Air Stone, Hydroponics Supplies, Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation