Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineRobo182
PsychedelicSamurai

Loc: Shroomdom
CO2 Levels in jars
    #1123521 - 12/09/02 01:34 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Ok I innoculated 36 jars on Nov 10, it's now Dec 8.
Used Psylocibe Cubensis Tapalpa, which I got from the Sporelab.

My jars have been colonizing very slowly, which I think is due to these criteria:

1)my spore syringes were left outside over night on a sub-zero Saskatchewan night. (I had them delivered to a buddies house and he never checked his mail for a day.)

2)the temperature when they were incubating is around 70, I brought one of the jars home to my house where I can keep better watch over it and I figure it's alot warmer im my room. I plan to case with this jar and leave the surviving jars (I think we have 16 left!) to be followed though with regular old school PF-tek.

3)Growing shrooms with my friend who is an even bigger stoner than me and we ended up being high pretty much the whole time we were working. (Stupid I know!)

Ok my jars are 1/2 pint jam jars with 4 holes in the lids. I saw on another site where someone still had tin foil over their jars after innoculating, was I supposed to put the tin foil back on them? cause my jars just have the lids with 4 holes between them and the outside world. Maybe my jars are getting TOO MUCH oxygen? Do they need a certain amount of CO2 build up or something?

The one jar I took home to give my full attention is about 70-80% colonized but doesn't seem to be making much progress now for like a week!

Can anyone recommend ways to speed up my little buddies?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTrippingBillies
SpaceCruiser
Loc: Pangea
Re: CO2 Levels in jars [Re: Robo182]
    #1123532 - 12/09/02 01:39 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I'd say your alright. I've had similar conditions, especially the being-high factor. No seriously though, you'll be fine. The cold syringe, and the cold incubation temp will effect speed but it will work. I'm in optimal conditions right now, a solid 10-13 days for full colonization, and thats with regular room temps, no incubator. Goodluck, and time is always the answer.

"Never underestimate the absolute stonability of resin"

--------------------
"It's so obvious it's hard to understand."

OfflineRobo182
PsychedelicSamurai

Re: CO2 Levels in jars [Re: TrippingBillies]
    #1123558 - 12/09/02 01:49 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Well thanks for the support, I feel a little better now.

Just curious, what strain of zoomers you grow?
That question is also for anyone else who wants to answer too.

Which strains of cubensis are the strongest potency?
Which strains grow the fastest?

I'm also thinkin about trying to introduce mushrooms to grow naturally where I live, I think that be sweet, being the Johnny Apple Seed of Psylocibin Mushrooms where I live :laugh:

OfflineTrippingBillies
SpaceCruiser
Loc: Pangea
Re: CO2 Levels in jars [Re: Robo182]
    #1123607 - 12/09/02 02:10 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I have prints for EQs, Hawaiians, PFs, and B+. Right now I'm playing with EQs and Hawaiians.

--------------------
"It's so obvious it's hard to understand."

Invisiblerazer
enthusiast
Re: CO2 Levels in jars [Re: TrippingBillies]
    #1124082 - 12/09/02 08:28 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I personally have had problems with spores from the spore lab. I just knocked up 10 jars with one of his B+ syringes last friday. A week and a half later only 3 jars have germinated, and each from one or two of the several innoculation points. I think I even went and injected them at like 5-6 points per jar to speed them up too.
His syringes always seem sporeless to me, just a thought as to why yours may be going so slow.

--------------------
All events stated by myself are only fictionous stories, any relations to true events are intirely coincidental.

OfflineRobo182
PsychedelicSamurai

Re: CO2 Levels in jars [Re: razer]
    #1124970 - 12/09/02 03:14 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Well almost every jar had SOME growth, just some really went slow.
That's form 3 spore syringes. But $25 for 3 seems like a really good deal... but maybe they only have the spores of what one regular syringe should have.

Today I've decided to build an incubation chamber, I want to see these guys grow at their full potential. And if I'm not happy with this strain, I'm thinking about Ecadors, they seem to be the ones people rave about on these boards.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation