Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibletealeaf
Roots to the bone
 User Gallery

lsd and opiates
    #11234991 - 10/12/09 08:40 PM (8 years, 6 days ago)

So I crashed my bike coming home from a concert two weeks ago and fractured my elbow. doc gave me hydrocodone and oxycodone to help with the pain. i tried tripping last wednesday and had a very short and mild trip, im assuming due to the opiates.

some more music is coming into town and im wondering how long does it take for these opiates to be removed from my body where as they wont impeed my trip? i am aware drinking water helps expidite the process but is there anything else i can do?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineDr.Myco87
Im a "Reader"
Male User Gallery

Loc: Land of the greedy! Flag
Re: lsd and opiates [Re: tealeaf]
    #11235023 - 10/12/09 08:46 PM (8 years, 6 days ago)

Your tripping should not be influenced by any opiates, I've been an opiate addict for over 6 years and never had any problem tripping. I am in a methadone clinic now where I take 95mg's a day, still no problem tripping. I would say get a new source or try taking a little more.

--------------------
"I don’t do drugs. I am drugs."                -Salvador Dali

"I’ve never had a problem with drugs. I’ve had problems with the police."                                          -Keith Richards

"Reality is a crutch for people who can’t cope with drugs."                                          -Lily Tomlin

Invisibletealeaf
Roots to the bone
 User Gallery

Re: lsd and opiates [Re: Dr.Myco87]
    #11235117 - 10/12/09 08:59 PM (8 years, 6 days ago)

Interesting, i thought thats what it was since the last time i dosed was a week after my accident.

there is no problem with the L, taking more than one seems like a waste unless im at a show or camping.

i guess i just had it in my mind that that was the reason why my trip lasted about 3 hrs. and was very mild compared to what it should have been. i even ate a bunch of vitamin c and puffed as well

Invisible420_psychonaut
altered states
Male User Gallery

Loc: San antonio TX
    #11235133 - 10/12/09 09:02 PM (8 years, 6 days ago)

well opiates will definetly mellow ur trip out,u should take the opiates,on the come down of ur trip.

--------------------
:vaped::jointsmile::bongload::ganja::jah:im what u might call a "pothead":potleaf::getstoned::gethigh:

OfflineRam Dass
Challenger
Male

Loc: 2000 Feet Under the Sea
Re: lsd and opiates [Re: 420_psychonaut]
    #11235151 - 10/12/09 09:07 PM (8 years, 6 days ago)

did you eat a lot before the trip? and is there any other medication that you are perscribed to?

OfflineAgent MadHatter
Mad as a Hatter
Male

Re: lsd and opiates [Re: Ram Dass]
    #11235183 - 10/12/09 09:14 PM (8 years, 6 days ago)

I always put some LSD in my heroin before I inject it, adds alittle spice.

--------------------
"May the long-time sun shine upon you
And all love surround you
And the clear light within you
Guide your way home."

"Its never too late to start beefing up your obituary"- The Most Interesting Man in the World

:aum:

Invisibletealeaf
Roots to the bone
 User Gallery

Re: lsd and opiates [Re: Agent MadHatter]
    #11235233 - 10/12/09 09:26 PM (8 years, 6 days ago)

Yea I ate a bit. i did everything that i always do before a trip. im pretty sure that it is the opiates since I have eaten this acid numerous times before and i was past the tolerance. had a clear mind and was anticipating a great trip.

how long will it take for the opiates to be out of my system is what i am wondering?

Offlinecatboosh
©Ω§M¡K F€L1N∑
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bay Area, CA
    #11235906 - 10/12/09 10:54 PM (8 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

tealeaf said:
i even ate a bunch of vitamin c and puffed as well

vitamin c should not make a difference to your trip.

--------------------

"Reality is a juxtaposition of beauty and bullshit, sometimes you gotta wade through the bullshit to see the beauty, and the other times the beauty you see is just full of shit."

OfflineDr.Myco87
Im a "Reader"
Male User Gallery

#11237030 - 10/13/09 01:54 AM (8 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

tealeaf said:
Yea I ate a bit. i did everything that i always do before a trip. im pretty sure that it is the opiates since I have eaten this acid numerous times before and i was past the tolerance. had a clear mind and was anticipating a great trip.

how long will it take for the opiates to be out of my system is what i am wondering?

Tomorrow, but I'm telling you it's not the opiates, it would only make you feel more mellow and enchance the euphoria, save the op's for the comedown and the day after.

--------------------

"I’ve never had a problem with drugs. I’ve had problems with the police."                                          -Keith Richards

"Reality is a crutch for people who can’t cope with drugs."                                          -Lily Tomlin

Invisibletealeaf
Roots to the bone
 User Gallery

#11238097 - 10/13/09 09:30 AM (8 years, 6 days ago)

Alright man cool thanks for the info. ive been doing more research on this and it seems to be up in the air. some people said it enhanced their trip while others said it diminished their trip. ive eaten this L maybe 15-20 times during the past 5 months and one dose was all it took since the paper i have is damn potent.

i just thought there may be a connection since before the injury the trips were strong and after the injury on pain medication the trip was too mellow and ended very quickly. most of the people on this board that had experience with this said that they took an opiate hours after dosing and that it made their trip stronger/gave it a new edge.

i definitely see the logic in saving these for after the trip/comedown. btw, i took vitamin c since i had a cold as well and i still believe in the myth that it adds something to the trip (not necessarily making it stronger)

peace and love and thanks brothers

Invisiblemskip23
Can It All Be So Simple!
 User Gallery

Loc: Philly
    #11238211 - 10/13/09 10:25 AM (8 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

Dr.Myco87 said:
Your tripping should not be influenced by any opiates, I've been an opiate addict for over 6 years and never had any problem tripping. I am in a methadone clinic now where I take 95mg's a day, still no problem tripping. I would say get a new source or try taking a little more.

Yeah I agree
Im also on the meth clinic and the opiates due not effect my trip

--------------------
url=https://files.shroomery.org/files/05-26/988356075-Picture-278.gif][/url

Offlinemantis90
Cosmic Groovin
 User Gallery

Loc: Fla
Re: lsd and opiates [Re: mskip23]
    #11238989 - 10/13/09 01:46 PM (8 years, 6 days ago)

Opis and psys are a great combo if you time it right.  Some opi on the comedown on lsd (12 hrs) is AMAZING.  Did some oxy before a shroom trip and it was amazingly euphoric and mellow but I wouldnt recomend because it dampens the experience.  Im all for opis on the comedown though!

OfflineDr.Myco87
Im a "Reader"
Male User Gallery

Re: lsd and opiates [Re: mskip23]
    #11239110 - 10/13/09 02:07 PM (8 years, 6 days ago)

Quote:

mskip23 said:
Quote:

Dr.Myco87 said:

Yeah I agree
Im also on the meth clinic and the opiates due not effect my trip

Cool, I'l glad somebody else chimed in who has experience in this field. And OP, no problem, maybe take a couple week break or something, not sure, just thinking anything that will help you trip the same as you were before, especially if it's the same doses. Peace.

--------------------

Invisibletealeaf
Roots to the bone
 User Gallery

#11239938 - 10/13/09 04:39 PM (8 years, 6 days ago)

Thats the thing though, you guys or girls have been doing opiates for years where as I have been using them for my fractured elbow for two weeks. i still tripped though it was very short, im just saying being mellow took away the spontaneity I usually enjoy during a trip. im going to save what ever is left over and take it on the comedown.

OfflineDr.Myco87
Im a "Reader"
Male User Gallery

#11241067 - 10/13/09 07:48 PM (8 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

tealeaf said:
Thats the thing though, you guys or girls have been doing opiates for years where as I have been using them for my fractured elbow for two weeks. i still tripped though it was very short, im just saying being mellow took away the spontaneity I usually enjoy during a trip. im going to save what ever is left over and take it on the comedown.

That is certainly a possibility, just as somebody who takes xanax on the daily could take it with a trip and probably not feel much different, but if I were to take a mg or 2 my trip would basically be over. Definetily save them like you plan on doing for the comedown. Afterglow+opiates= a barrel full of win. Just don't do opiates every time you trip or it will become habit, you don't want that. Take care.

--------------------

InvisibleTTT
Cultivate the inside
 User Gallery

#11241638 - 10/13/09 09:10 PM (8 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

tealeaf said:

Tripping on psychedelics is nice IMO. I dont think thats what shortened your trip.

Invisibletealeaf
Roots to the bone
 User Gallery

Re: lsd and opiates [Re: TTT]
    #11245022 - 10/14/09 12:17 PM (8 years, 5 days ago)

"Tripping on psychedelics is nice IMO. I dont think thats what shortened your trip."

If I ate this acid before and tripped hard every time I ate it, and then I took the same dose after I had been taking opiates for two weeks which I have never taken before, and i trip not as hard/long, my hypothesis is that it was obviously the opiates. wow run-on sentence

"That is certainly a possibility, just as somebody who takes xanax on the daily could take it with a trip and probably not feel much different, but if I were to take a mg or 2 my trip would basically be over. Definetily save them like you plan on doing for the comedown. Afterglow+opiates= a barrel full of win. Just don't do opiates every time you trip or it will become habit, you don't want that. Take care."

right on man we are finally on the same level.

Offlineswitchy85
Man, somethin ain't right here.
Male

#11245245 - 10/14/09 01:02 PM (8 years, 5 days ago)

No matter what people are saying here, more than likely the opiates lightened your trip up. Also, if you are still in any pain without them that could cause some issues as well (has for me, anyway). As someone pointed out (maybe the OP? I just woke up) it is probably the low tolerance that causes it. I used to keep benzos around for trip jumping, but now that I have such a high tolerance I can eat 4mg of xanax and all it does is calm me down a bit but not knock me out of my trip. Don't eat any of the pills for about a day or so (I'd go with 2, just to be safe) and then trip. You should feel just the same as usual, but you'll have opiates for the comedown.

BTW: I hate you for having opiates and good acid. lol

--------------------
Penguins are so cool... laid back and relaxed.
Really, when was the last time you seen a mad penguin?

Free Stuff Thread

OfflineDr.Myco87
Im a "Reader"
Male User Gallery

#11245289 - 10/14/09 01:11 PM (8 years, 5 days ago)

Quote:

tealeaf said:
"Tripping on psychedelics is nice IMO. I dont think thats what shortened your trip."

If I ate this acid before and tripped hard every time I ate it, and then I took the same dose after I had been taking opiates for two weeks which I have never taken before, and i trip not as hard/long, my hypothesis is that it was obviously the opiates. wow run-on sentence

"That is certainly a possibility, just as somebody who takes xanax on the daily could take it with a trip and probably not feel much different, but if I were to take a mg or 2 my trip would basically be over. Definetily save them like you plan on doing for the comedown. Afterglow+opiates= a barrel full of win. Just don't do opiates every time you trip or it will become habit, you don't want that. Take care."

right on man we are finally on the same level.

Happy tripping, buddy!

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience