Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineChubba
Vape hungry

Re: Kids doing drugs [Re: niteowl]
    #11235576 - 10/12/09 08:15 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

You're not as mature as you think if you're still supported by your parents, no job, no skills, no life experience, still at school and basically a helpless turd.

Drugs should be left for adults, you don't need to be using that shit before 18yo's at the earliest.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEnvix
Avoidant Disorder
 User Gallery

#11235637 - 10/12/09 08:22 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

niteowl said:
People shouldn't do drugs until they are physically mature

mental maturity has nothing to do with it

really? you don't think mental maturity has anything to do with how you react to a MIND ALTERING substance?

--------------------
smack a hoe out this dimension
continue my ascension
-bhad bhabie

rip. todcasil, acid sloth, st1llnox, zappaisgod, big worm (sketch), tim b

Edited by Envix (10/12/09 08:30 PM)

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Kids doing drugs [Re: Envix]
    #11235668 - 10/12/09 08:24 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Envix said:
really? you don't think mental maturity has anything to do with how you react to a MIND ALTERING substance?

Completely irrelevant to what I was talking about

--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

OfflineEnvix
Avoidant Disorder
 User Gallery

#11235714 - 10/12/09 08:31 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

you need to be both physically AND mentally mature :awesome:

mental stability is more important than age, however. you could be 40 years old and not be able to handle a psychedelic experience.

--------------------
continue my ascension
-bhad bhabie

Edited by Envix (10/12/09 08:32 PM)

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

#11235756 - 10/12/09 08:37 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Drugs shouldn't be given to physically immature people because drugs can hinder your physical growth.

Mental maturity is really not a factor in this IMO

--------------------

OfflineRocker232
Stranger

Re: Kids doing drugs [Re: Nuggetpouch]
    #11235768 - 10/12/09 08:38 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Nuggetpouch said:
Chill, plenty of us were that way when we were young, and WE survived- didn't we?

The best thing you can do IMO is present the HARD CORE facts to the kid, tell her about the real risks and dangers of mushrooms and extacy. Tell her how to use them responsibly and EMPHASIZE the importance of responsible use.

Lots of people find the urge to experiment with these curious substances. Its perfectly natural, just don't let things get to the extreme. Honesty is the best policy, don't freak out or scorn her for using drugs otherwise she will never tell you again, and you will worry even more because its all being done in secret!

Explain to her that if she tries "extacy" she could be putting anything into her body. As for mushrooms, I was growing them at the young age of 14 and I turned out okay... at least you know fungus is fungus, but then again EDUCATION is key. Make sure she knows the difference between a poisonous mushroom and an edible.

I am going to call you out on this. You seem like a smart guy, but I think thats the problem. Most kids who are doing this shit at 14 shouldn't be. I met a cousin of my girlfriend's yesterday who is smoking weed and selling it as well. This kid looks like he wants nothing more to get fucked up. If you are smoking weed to get "fucked up" then something is wrong. You should enjoy the experience, not the lack of reality.

--------------------
With Allure I Look to the Sky With Awakened Eyes

OfflineEnvix
Avoidant Disorder
 User Gallery

#11235799 - 10/12/09 08:41 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

haha. I was just being semantical. I agree with you.

--------------------
continue my ascension
-bhad bhabie

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

#11235857 - 10/12/09 08:47 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

:wink:

--------------------

Offlinecerebral gortex
Prying open my third eye.
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Patriots Nation
Re: Kids doing drugs [Re: Rocker232]
    #11235893 - 10/12/09 08:52 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

This is bad situation, no matter how you slice it.
I did drugs at an early age as well, and I would take it all back if I could.
This is also not an easy fix, but I have multiple thoughts racing through my head.
1. find out whos giving her drugs and hurt them, badly..
2. move out of town
3. provide something else that takes up her time, IE sports, after-school activities, etc.. something that makes her feel good about herself.
5. find a whole new crowd of friends. (even though friends at that age arent really friends)
4. find out whos giving her drugs and hurt them, badly..

This poor kid doesnt have the slighest clue of the damage she could be doing to herself, and by the sounds of it, will be sucking cock for drugs by 15.
She is bored, surrounded by bad influences and her parents absolutely suck.

Something needs to change, or this situation will only get worst.

good luck.

Invisibleelementswrath
Finger' trippin good
Male User Gallery

Loc: suiciety Flag
    #11235911 - 10/12/09 08:54 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

niteowl said:
Drugs shouldn't be given to physically immature people because drugs can hinder your physical growth.

Mental maturity is really not a factor in this IMO

does this include weed?
I'm a pretty big guy and i have been smoking that a lot at a young age.

OfflineEnvix
Avoidant Disorder
 User Gallery

Re: Kids doing drugs [Re: elementswrath]
    #11235960 - 10/12/09 09:00 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I'd say it's fine when you're 18+

any younger and you can damage your "developmental process" or whatever. the brain is still at it's peak "learnings ability" at that age and cannabis can hinder that. not as much as alcohol, though

--------------------
continue my ascension
-bhad bhabie

Edited by Envix (10/12/09 09:02 PM)

OfflineMuppet Happy Birthday!
Nomadic Jester
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: (523) 327-2836
Re: Kids doing drugs [Re: Fort Mushroom]
    #11235969 - 10/12/09 09:01 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I know I'm probably gonna get slapped for saying this...but the way *I* see it:

children should have the right to get a job if they so choose to, and they should be free to blow their money on whatever the hell they wanna spend it on (be it drugs / video games / whatever) as well as suffer whatever consequences comes with those actions

and if the parents don't want that crap in the house - then they should have the right to toss these little fuckers to the curb, and let them see what the real world is all about...cause I GUARANTEE you these kids won't be so quick to grow up once they find out there's a whole helluva lot more to it then just simply getting to stay up late and get fucked up with their friends

and, dare I say, if one of em actually were able to get their shit together and do things right the first time around - then they most certainly deserve to have the same opportunities that the rest of us have

and don't even try an tell me that children aren't capable of the same sort of things adults are, cause I can give you an entire list of people that where taking care of their younger siblings (cooking / cleaning / etc) while they themselves were only five or six years old at the time...and I know damn well I can give you a much longer list of people who are now even in their 50s and still can't/won't do anything for themselves

age has nothing to do with the type of people we all are at our core...and the human form itself is much more capable of adapting to it's environment then ANYONE ever seems to want to give it credit for

you'd be truly amazed at just how much a little person is capable of...when you allow them to try  :craven:

--------------------

:craven:  Ravings of a Madman  :craven:

OfflineRocker232
Stranger

#11235973 - 10/12/09 09:01 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I wish I wouldn't have smoked until I was 18.

--------------------
With Allure I Look to the Sky With Awakened Eyes

Invisiblegzuf
٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Kids doing drugs [Re: Rocker232]
    #11235994 - 10/12/09 09:05 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

You can't say any one "reasoning" behind a certain child applies to any other kids. They are all different, and the key is knowing your kid, knowing their boundaries, and setting rules according to them. If my kid is going to go drink and smoke to get "mad fucked up" and I think that they wouldn't be able to handle it responsibly, then no, I'm not going to let them do it. If my kid is mature enough to grasp that all drugs have their consequences, then okay, we will work with it. If a kid breaks a rule, then deal with it and don't let them slide, or they will obviously do it again. Kids break rules for attention, give them the attention then.

--------------------
+1 Post ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶

Invisiblespiralingmind
I am a fresh cut Palindrome
Female User Gallery

Loc: 412
Re: Kids doing drugs [Re: cerebral gortex]
    #11236002 - 10/12/09 09:05 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

listen to me, when i was 14 i was doing the exact same shit.. talking about it to my sisters boyfriend. Seems like a VERY similar situation. I would tell him these things because he was older, and I thought it would make me seem more mature. I was told everything in book by people a few years older, and none of it effected me. I had to learn on my own when the kids i got high with at 14 were straight dope feinds by 16. Thankfully, despite my curious compulsions, I never struggled with physical addiction. Exposure to what can happen if you get to spun can be good in the long run, because you have the experience of knowing better when you are young. Regardless, if any dudes feeding chicky E pills when shes 14- beat the shit out of him(theres only one reason).

The only way I was ever persuaded in the slightest bit not to do these drugs, was when someone would make me feel like an idiot for hanging out with the people I did. If shes young she is probably hanging out with older guys, thinking she really knows where its at. You have to talk down these people as much as possible and make her question everything she thinks about them. You are older and she probably looks up to you a lot- preaching never works if it contradicts your actions.

--------------------

Invisiblememes
Blessed

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In a Tree
Re: Kids doing drugs [Re: spiralingmind]
    #11236024 - 10/12/09 09:08 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

kids these days are fucking crazy.  My friend had her two little brother come stay with her the other night (17 and 13).  The 17 year old invited a bunch of his friends along and they were blowin lines of E in teh living room all ngiht while the 13 year old hung out with us in my friend's bedroom (yes, we were smoking weed -- the 13yr old has been previously exposed to it). 

These fuckin 17 year olds were acting fuckin stupid, weren't welcome there, couldn't get home, and had no clue what they were going to do.  They ended up hanging out in front of the apartment building for a while until we figured out a solution for them.
Fucking kids.

You shouldn't be able to get truly FUCKED UP until you're at an age where you no longer require a babysitter.  (A drug babysitter, not an actual one)

Invisibleelementswrath
Finger' trippin good
Male User Gallery

#11236049 - 10/12/09 09:13 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Envix said:
I'd say it's fine when you're 18+

any younger and you can damage your "developmental process" or whatever. the brain is still at it's peak "learnings ability" at that age and cannabis can hinder that. not as much as alcohol, though

done it since i was 11 and was always the smartest of my class if not 2nd and am tall, i around 7"2 feet right now.
i say that pot did not damage my learning ability since i am an fast learner plus visual,auditory,active learner.

Offlinejared11
The Illusionist
Male

Loc: Out there
    #11236089 - 10/12/09 09:19 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

elementswrath said:
well i THINK they have there own attributes.
i could be wrong, when i tried it i had visuals but i couldn't tell if the shrooms really made a difference.:shrug:

or, i could finally try a hippy flip =]

--------------------
Mother,
Should I trust the government?

:peace:Peace & Love:heart:

Invisibleelementswrath
Finger' trippin good
Male User Gallery

Re: Kids doing drugs [Re: jared11]
    #11236096 - 10/12/09 09:20 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

jared11 said:
Quote:

elementswrath said:
well i THINK they have there own attributes.
i could be wrong, when i tried it i had visuals but i couldn't tell if the shrooms really made a difference.:shrug:

or, i could finally try a hippy flip =]

yeah, do a hippy flip instead.:cheers:

Offlinejared11
The Illusionist
Male

Loc: Out there
    #11236120 - 10/12/09 09:22 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

my friend wants to do 5gs each !
that'd be a good time for tha flip

--------------------
Mother,
Should I trust the government?

:peace:Peace & Love:heart:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals