Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineCortinariusSte
Stranger

Liberty Caps Hunting Tips
    #11234163 - 10/12/09 06:14 PM (8 years, 10 days ago)

I'm quite new here but I've noticed a lot of threads being started about Liberty Caps and how to know where to look/how to look etc so I thought Id stick up a post about them and hopefully help others like Ive been helped by this forum.

1) The Grass is always greener.

Its not. It doesnt need to be. In my experience(In Ireland) all they need to grow is grass, grass of any kind, not lush grass, not grazed grass, not long leafy grass just grass. So go for a walk.

2) Now which way is the wind blowing?

In most pasturelands the grass is blown one way or another by the wind and "folds" over. This is brilliant for Shroom hunters. Walk with the wind at your back. This way the shrooms appear "popped up" out of the grass and are so much easier to spot.

3) The Good, the Bad and the Sunshine.

Sunshine is both brilliant for you and terrible for you. It makes it very hard to spot the little caps with the glare and shadows if you are walking in to it but with it at your back, it makes it easier to spot them as when they dry the strawy yellow hats are beacons amongst the shadows.

4)On your knees...

When you spot one, get down on it, search through the nearby grass. Rarely do they grow alone.( I have to admit here than in my experience they are much more likely to grow alone in non sheltered pasturelands)

5) Consistency

"I cant find any", "Ive looked everywhere", Yes you can and No you havent. Stop lying to yourself. They are out there, you're just not looking hard enough or long enough. Your probably walking too fast, your probably coasting and not paying attention. Your probably being too paranoid about that guy walking his dog. JUST LOOK.

6) If it walks like a Duck..

When you find a lib you'll know it. They are very very unique. And once you find one, you'll begin spotting more and more. The hardest one to find be it ever, or on any day is the first one.

Thats it for now I think. These observations are completely in my own experience.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineEnvix
swag yolo
 User Gallery

Re: Liberty Caps Hunting Tips [Re: CortinariusSte]
    #11234322 - 10/12/09 06:47 PM (8 years, 10 days ago)

excellent. just what I needed to hear after an entire weekend of failed hunting. thank you. :awesome:

also, you say they grow in any grasses. does that include grasses that have not been manured or have had farm animals on them within the passed 20 years? ..from your experience

Edited by Envix (10/12/09 07:19 PM)

OfflineSmarty Pants
Smarty Pants
Male

Loc: Puget Sound WA
Re: Liberty Caps Hunting Tips [Re: Envix]
    #11262146 - 10/16/09 09:33 PM (8 years, 6 days ago)

Thanks for the tips.  Im sure the wind/grass one will come in super helpful :smile:

--------------------
Freedom is Today

Offlineaamon
your own personal jesus
Male

Loc: washington Flag
Re: Liberty Caps Hunting Tips [Re: Smarty Pants]
    #11262647 - 10/16/09 11:16 PM (8 years, 6 days ago)

I live in Ridgefield Washington(near Vancouver Washington) I went hunting to day and had no luck finding any, I am still new to the mushroom hunting thing but i found some libs in this same pasture last year close to this time. I was wondering if any one could tell me if it is still too early to find them in this area or do I just need to search some where else. any help would be greatly appreciated.

--------------------
Before you ask the answer is Yes, you have to say the whole thing and yes you have to say it every time, and yes that includes the "a pimp named" part.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification