Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Coir, Gypsum, Rye Grain, Scales, Vermiculite   eBay Lighters

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinecyb3rtr0n
searching for truth
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
I got these colonized half-pint jars.......
    #11232441 - 10/12/09 01:06 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

the jar on the top left was jsut testing without ever shaking the grain, so that one is not 100%

all jars were 50ml rye grass seed, 25mlwater and a pinch of gypsum

they contain  cubensis strains, and  Panaeolus cambodginiensis

origionally I was going to make grain LC's out of them.  but I do not need an LC.  I have 4 other LC's sitting around that I will jsut chalk up as learning the techniques.

I am going to wait until I get a tissue sample before isolating and making a LC.

so now that leaves me with what to do with these jars.  they have been 100% colonized for about two weeks.

my thought is just to try and case them with a 1/4-1/2" of something, and fruit them directly from the jars they are in; by putting them into a shotgun terrarium.

my questions are:

1) since the jars are only half full with grain, will there be too much glass wall above the substrate to trigger fruiting/the dispersing of co2?

2) on a small scale like this I am having a tough choice on what to case with.  one one have straight verm sounds good, because I can just scoop out the amount of verm I need from the bag.  on the other hand, I am thinking coir+poop would be best expecially for the pan jars.

This is the space I am working with for fruiting.

the containers in the FC are 1 week into bulk colonizing, and probably need another week before introducing fruiting conditions.  but the pic gives you an  idea of my fruiting space. the light was just on to show the setup I will be using for fruiting.

what would you do?

Edited by cyb3rtr0n (10/12/09 02:00 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSlimz
.-~*´`*·~-experience-~*´`*·~-.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Maryland
Re: I got these colonized half-pint jars....... [Re: cyb3rtr0n]
    #11232547 - 10/12/09 01:24 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

i would just throw em in a bucket with some coir and mix..
bucket o shrooms

otto has a tek for this i believe

--------------------
Lazy Drywall Tek (no powdery mess)

This series will blow your mind and confirm what you already know to be true.
The Pharmacratic Inquisition
Best Thread Ever ! ! !

:pm: me if you have questions about lasers

Although i may advise others in a general way regarding all types of mushroom grows, and may even post question from other forums about growing "active" mushrooms, i only grow non-"active" mushrooms and edibles.

FeelFamily resident tech guru

OfflineProject
Ride the Spiral

Re: I got these colonized half-pint jars....... [Re: Slimz]
    #11232576 - 10/12/09 01:29 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Don't do casings unless you just really don't want to put any effort into it.  You'd be better off doing a bulk tek, such as the bucket tek like the guy above mentioned, or just making some trays.  Use coir or horse poo as your bulk substrate, since they're easy to find, spawn to it and then fruit them uncased.  You can case if you want to try for a more even pinset, but you don't have to if you don't want to; you'll still probably get pretty good yields. 

I'm just talking about the cubes because I don't know a lot about pans.

How are you maintaining high humidity levels in that FC?

Offlinecyb3rtr0n
searching for truth
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I got these colonized half-pint jars....... [Re: Project]
    #11232674 - 10/12/09 01:50 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

I only plan on using one fruiting chamber, the one in the pic. so, a bucket tek FC is out of the question.  I already have 2 6qt containers colonizing. so, I am not looking to turn these 50ml of colonized grain into a bulk grow.

These 1/2 pint jars are only half full with grain.  the mycelium is creeping up the glass, making them appear full.

I got 10 mini loaf aluminum pans (5 5/8" x 3 1/4" x 1 7/8").  I might try fruiting the pans in these.

for size comparison, a bic lighter in the stack of pans on the left, and a regular mouth half-pint

and with the cubes, I am thinking of taping the bottom half of the jar and casing them as is.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Coir, Gypsum, Rye Grain, Scales, Vermiculite   eBay Lighters

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation