Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineflangenips
Batshitinsanse
 User Gallery

Loc: aotearoa Flag
Lameness: A social contract?
    #11231259 - 10/12/09 02:40 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

At my age, I can't say i've experienced more than a small handful of work environments, educational environments, and other sporting and community stuff.

But one thing i notice, particularly when beginning a job, doing professional development, doing a new study, joining a team... is some lame motto/philosophy/spirit.

[rant]
for example, i begin a job at a liquor store, minimum wage. whats with the fucking induction pack that refers to my career as a retail sales assistant.

whats with mottos

whats with going to professional development shit throughout my education and being told to absolute suck up in cover letters talking about the company i'm applying for --- i thought the point was to see if i'm suitable for the job, rather than recite shit they already know/believe.

Yay, go us!

Naturally smiley superiors annoy me more than angry ones. At least when I'm rewarded by angry twats for good work, then I feel much more accomplished.

either way, its hard to put all in one box, but you know what i mean by lameness

[/rant]

So i ask...

Is this some sort of social contract i've yet to mature into?

Is it some personal imbuement of negativity that I project onto the above that makes me despise it?

or is it really just lame crap that is designed to help authority... i.e teachers, tutors, bosses, association heads... keep order

[sarcasm]btw, i can really feel the team spirit and company spirit from my colleagues who i've worked with also as part-timers (students, etc) in retail.[/sarcasm]

With age, does acceptance come, and is it probable i'll eventually ascribe to lameness in order to stop being a miserable cunt?

--------------------
All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher. - Ambrose Bierce

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCapHat
Stranger

Re: Lameness: A social contract? [Re: flangenips]
    #11231280 - 10/12/09 02:52 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Well look on the bright side With every contract by law there must be a beginning date and an ending date. So if you have begun a social contract dont worry it has an ending date. Up to you to recognize it and yea most of it is designed to help government. 

On an off note; the book Social Contract by Rousseau.
Pretty cool not my favorite and kinda slavey but in chapter one he talks about "rite of the first occupant" I liked that. I dont like the sound of it "social contract". Sounds loaded to me.

Offlineflangenips
Batshitinsanse
 User Gallery

Re: Lameness: A social contract? [Re: CapHat]
    #11231370 - 10/12/09 03:44 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

It is loaded, but i think it could be assumed that its two-way contract easily exclusive on my part through disengagement in community or upon my death.

By that I mean, if i want to be in such communities, it is beneficial to both parties if I adhere to the lameness contract (for order and my own success within an organisation of whatever type) or else dedicated and authoritative members would see me as a violator (of the lameness contract) resulting in my name being mud.

--------------------
All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher. - Ambrose Bierce

OfflineCapHat
Stranger

Re: Lameness: A social contract? [Re: flangenips]
    #11231377 - 10/12/09 03:48 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Sounds more like a gang. "organization" "authorities", fuck them kind of contracts. The only true social contract for me will be Common Law.

Offlineflangenips
Batshitinsanse
 User Gallery

Re: Lameness: A social contract? [Re: CapHat]
    #11231412 - 10/12/09 04:22 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Common law, natural law(?!?!?),  whatever you ascribe to, viewed as a social contract they generally all say have to good standing in a society/community/the-world you must act in a certain way - of course it is also culturally relative, and this lameness contract seems little different on the surface - especially when one feels they must abide to get paid what they're worth.

In a way a gang scenario is comparable to an unwritten social contract - except this gang is not violent, for the most part passive, sometimes passive-agressive.

Thats just my view on social contracts - I do not believe they have any foundation in natural truth - if everyone acted in an efficient, sustainable, logical manner, there probably would be no need for a social contract or laws for that matter - then again we probably wouldn't be very social beings if that were the case.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates