Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSatori23
Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Lost In America Flag
Mycelium growth into cake
    #11229625 - 10/11/09 09:20 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Lately I have had a bit of an issue. I recently have been inoculating BRF jars with liquid culture instead of multispore; granted it is a multispore made liquid culture. I have birthed and fruited cakes successfully with it & very pleased with the results. There are two problems I am experiencing though. The first being that every time I have used multispore syringe I have had mycelium growth up into the dry verm layer, but with the LC it is not colonizing the dry verm layer and when this seems to be happening the cake will not birth, it gets stuck; this being my first problem. It's such a pain to crumble the cake in the jar and get it all out.

The second problem is that it doesn't appear that the mycelium is really penetrating the cake, there is just heavy growth on the outside. Granted it does fruit but I was intending to break up these cakes and spawn them to coir & I don't know how well the mycelium will recover.

Here are some pictures. Is this normal? I have never had results like this.

--------------------

My Drying Chamber

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledancefloordale
Research Assistant

Re: Mycelium growth into cake [Re: Satori23]
    #11229669 - 10/11/09 09:26 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Looks like your cake is really packed tight. If that is the case, there is your problem.

--------------------
Everything posted by the user dancefloordale, aside from what is written in this here clause is completely and utterly fictitious, despite any information read (or seen), above (or below) that might lead you to believe otherwise.

Hydra Tek - A detailed guide, for newest to the most skilled cultivators.

HCA

Bulk growing made easy-discussion
Bulk Growing Made Easy

InvisibleSlimz
.-~*´`*·~-experience-~*´`*·~-.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Maryland
Re: Mycelium growth into cake [Re: dancefloordale]
    #11229694 - 10/11/09 09:30 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

tight dry cake is my guess.. cakes should be kinda fluffy.. have you changed anything else in your tek?.. different mix? started making your BRF? anything

--------------------
Lazy Drywall Tek (no powdery mess)

This series will blow your mind and confirm what you already know to be true.
The Pharmacratic Inquisition
Best Thread Ever ! ! !

:pm: me if you have questions about lasers

Although i may advise others in a general way regarding all types of mushroom grows, and may even post question from other forums about growing "active" mushrooms, i only grow non-"active" mushrooms and edibles.

FeelFamily resident tech guru

OfflineSatori23
Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Lost In America Flag
Re: Mycelium growth into cake [Re: dancefloordale]
    #11229717 - 10/11/09 09:35 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Nope, i've been making my BRF the same way I have always made it. Field Capacity and just loosely dropping the BRF into the jars.

--------------------

My Drying Chamber

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: Mycelium growth into cake [Re: Slimz]
    #11229720 - 10/11/09 09:35 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

thats normal, i have broke up quite a few cakes to find that they just dont look colinised in the middle, but they are.

If you break up a cake well, it really doesnt look colinsied at all. Ivce seen well crumbled cakes just look like BRF/verm mix after being rumbled well

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

Invisibledancefloordale
Research Assistant

Re: Mycelium growth into cake [Re: veda_sticks]
    #11229729 - 10/11/09 09:36 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

veda_sticks said:
thats normal, i have broke up quite a few cakes to find that they just dont look colinised in the middle, but they are.

If you break up a cake well, it really doesnt look colinsied at all. Ivce seen well crumbled cakes just look like BRF/verm mix after being rumbled well

Mine are always very noticeably colonized on the inside. :shrug:

--------------------
Everything posted by the user dancefloordale, aside from what is written in this here clause is completely and utterly fictitious, despite any information read (or seen), above (or below) that might lead you to believe otherwise.

Hydra Tek - A detailed guide, for newest to the most skilled cultivators.

HCA

Bulk growing made easy-discussion
Bulk Growing Made Easy

Invisibleanonjon
Partially Right

Re: Mycelium growth into cake [Re: veda_sticks]
    #11229772 - 10/11/09 09:43 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

veda_sticks said:

It does look kinda colonized. It wouldn't be so dense if it wasn't. Also if the inside was uncolonized it would contaminate in the fc and wouldn't be fruiting very well.

--------------------
The above post is fictional, hypothetical, or downright nonsensical.

:moon:  :moon:  :moon:  :moon:    :moon:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale