Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMegaMush
Stranger

Anyone in the Uk been caught hunting?
    #11228634 - 10/11/09 08:49 PM (8 years, 12 days ago)

I was just wondering if anyone in the Uk has been caught hunting actives because I'm quite a paranoid person especially when I go hunting alone.

I'm convinced that I'm being watched and wondering what people think I'm doing walking back and forth over a grassy field looking at the ground ocassionally bending down and picking things up.

From my point of view what I've been doing would look extremley suspcious and I was wondering what's the likelyhood of somone actually grassing me up and if so whether the police can be bothered to intervine?

I'd love to hear any stories of people being caught hunting in the Uk by the law preferabley or even just by locals.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleBretdaniel
Heavy Vibes

Re: Anyone in the Uk been caught hunting? [Re: MegaMush]
    #11229016 - 10/11/09 09:38 PM (8 years, 12 days ago)

Most people don't bother with you when you're hunting mushrooms, all I've ever gotten was Awkward looks seeing most people consider mushrooms to be poisonous.

Invisibleminerva
Johnny Cyanspore
Male User Gallery

Loc: tacoma/seattle
Re: Anyone in the Uk been caught hunting? [Re: Bretdaniel]
    #11229747 - 10/11/09 11:40 PM (8 years, 12 days ago)

simple solution:

bring a camera.

as you're searching take some random pictures every now and then. it takes all the awkwardness out of the equation. no one thinks twice about a dude taking nature pictures. this allows you to stop and closely examine anything you want without feeling like a creepo.

i've known some people that go as far as wearing an orange vest and carrying a clipboard. people assume you're just some official dude and don't give it a second thought.

personally i've never worn a vest, but the camera and/or clipboard work very well. if you're really paranoid you can even write the scientific names of some of the local plants and trees down on the clipboard. if someone asks what you're doing you can tell them you're studying the native species.

Offlinerainst0rm
Empirical Spiritual
 User Gallery

Loc: Western Washington State
Re: Anyone in the Uk been caught hunting? [Re: minerva]
    #11229793 - 10/11/09 11:45 PM (8 years, 12 days ago)

^^ agreed.

I keep the orange vest folded up in my pocket but always have the camera in hand, and I'm always prepared to discuss biology.

InvisibleMystery420
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Anyone in the Uk been caught hunting? [Re: rainst0rm]
    #11230870 - 10/12/09 02:40 AM (8 years, 12 days ago)

Good ideas guys most of my fields are overlooked just gotta get the job done and get ready to run lol

--------------------
"I'm the one who's gonna die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want."
-Jimi Hendrix

So fuck ya'll all of ya'll If ya'll don't like me blow me

InvisibleGerman Kahuna
Facepalmer of Stoopid
Male User Gallery

Loc: On a Chemical Vacation
    #11231008 - 10/12/09 03:15 AM (8 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

minerva said:
simple solution:

bring a camera.

as you're searching take some random pictures every now and then.

That works well. It's what I do. People even ask me what I do and I say my hobby is macro photography (which it is. Well, "mycophotography", to be precise). They are all friendly and interested and nobody suspects anything.

--------------------
"Vegetarian" [ /ˌvedʒəˈteəriən/] - Ancient slang meaning "village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride".

OfflinefaiNt
 User Gallery

Loc: New England, NSW
Re: Anyone in the Uk been caught hunting? [Re: German Kahuna]
    #11231212 - 10/12/09 04:12 AM (8 years, 12 days ago)

I normally just bring the plastic bag nothing else :wink: cause i live at the farm near my house thats why I can do anything cause i own them, if your trepassing then you probably will need orange vest and a camera etc then your all good. Happy hunting

Invisibleminerva
Johnny Cyanspore
Male User Gallery

Re: Anyone in the Uk been caught hunting? [Re: faiNt]
    #11231414 - 10/12/09 06:22 AM (8 years, 12 days ago)

i don't recommend trespassing. better to ask permission to take pictures on their property than risk getting shot at or the cops called.

although they may wonder why you're 'taking pictures' of piles of cow shit. the shrooms i'm lookin for are mostly in the city, so i don't really have to worry about trespassing. that's why the camera and clipboard come in handy- they give you permission to do weird things without looking suspicious.

there's a whole different set of rules when it comes to looking for shrooms in cow pastures, and i've heard most of them involve running.

InvisiblePlatformStrange
Most Ancient
 User Gallery

Loc: Picking your spots!?
    #11231508 - 10/12/09 07:17 AM (8 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

minerva said:
i don't recommend trespassing. better to ask permission to take pictures on their property than risk getting shot at or the cops called.

although they may wonder why you're 'taking pictures' of piles of cow shit. the shrooms i'm lookin for are mostly in the city, so i don't really have to worry about trespassing. that's why the camera and clipboard come in handy- they give you permission to do weird things without looking suspicious.

there's a whole different set of rules when it comes to looking for shrooms in cow pastures, and i've heard most of them involve running.

lmao, cops yes possibly, but shooting people is illegal in the UK even for farmers (unless you are seriously damaging property and or animals)

Reel off a few scientific names and your inquisitors eyes will probably glaze over and they'll be on their way.

i'm lucky in that my field is not locallly known, and has a "public right of way" through it.

Also see "the crow act"

--------------------
==================================================
:mushroom2: "Shamanism that is specifically rooted in the kind of experiences that are induced by psychoactive plants ... is an area that our society is extraordinarily phobic and nervous concerning, and the reason I think is not far to seek.
Because modern institutions depend on the transmission of a certain world view and then willing acquiescense in the truth of that world view by the populations into which it is being exported.
In other words a kind of cultural brainwashing is necessary for modern cultures to work at all.
The consequences of the acceptance of this situation of brainwashing is further acceleration toward catastrophe."
:mushroom2:

Terence McKenna.

InvisibleGerman Kahuna
Facepalmer of Stoopid
Male User Gallery

#11231533 - 10/12/09 07:33 AM (8 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

minerva said:

See, that's different here in Europe. Nobody will shoot at you. And if anyone gets suspicious or even calls the cops I can show them my Nikon and my German Mycological Society membership card and that'd be pretty much it.

--------------------
"Vegetarian" [ /ˌvedʒəˈteəriən/] - Ancient slang meaning "village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride".

Invisibleminerva
Johnny Cyanspore
Male User Gallery

Re: Anyone in the Uk been caught hunting? [Re: German Kahuna]
    #11231574 - 10/12/09 08:13 AM (8 years, 12 days ago)

damn. in some parts of california you can kill a person just for stepping foot on your property. can't shoot them twice, gotta kill them in the first shot. makes things pretty fuckin sketchy lol.

you probably won't get shot, but you're likely to get a gun in your face. i live up in washington state though, people aren't as paranoid here. probably because they aren't all growing fields of weed.

glad to hear to you guys can search fields without much worry

InvisibleGerman Kahuna
Facepalmer of Stoopid
Male User Gallery

#11231921 - 10/12/09 11:02 AM (8 years, 12 days ago)

Well, the first field is a public field anyways, so nobody to worry about. The one that I need to trespass for isn't a big issue either. I bumped into the owner years ago and he said it was cool for me to be in the field as long as the horses weren't there, especially the stallion when the mares are in heat or whatever you call that with horses, which I found a perfectly reasonable condition. I don't care too much for my kisser making the acquaintance of a pair of hoofs.

--------------------

Invisiblespectralis
 User Gallery

#11232063 - 10/12/09 11:46 AM (8 years, 11 days ago)

I managed to get caught when I was 15-16 picking in the 'recreational fields' (football, rugby etc) it was in 2002-3 and shrooms were not illegal unless dried out. I was concentrating on the floor and the pigs crept up, they took me into custody for 'police protection' because I was not in school.
In the station they weighed my wet mushrooms and charged 'possession of 96 grams of a class A drug' claiming 'in a bag is *prepared*' but my solicitor showed that I could legally eat the mushrooms out of the bag like crisps.
With the new law it would be similar to getting caught with 1/8 of weed unless you got caught with thousands?
http://www.toacorn.com/news/2009-08-06/Community/Man_gets_15_years_in_magic_mushrooms_case.html This story is from the USA where a guy got sentenced to 15 years for supplying a girl with mushrooms who got hit by a car after wandering on the road.

Offlinelibs
keep on keeping on
 User Gallery

Loc: northern england
Re: Anyone in the Uk been caught hunting? [Re: spectralis]
    #11232112 - 10/12/09 11:58 AM (8 years, 11 days ago)

i take binoculars with me so if anybody asks i say im bird watching lol

Offlinebatheinthefountain
ॐ ॐ ॐ
Male

Loc: Germany
    #11232280 - 10/12/09 12:39 PM (8 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

minerva said:
simple solution:

bring a camera.

as you're searching take some random pictures every now and then. it takes all the awkwardness out of the equation. no one thinks twice about a dude taking nature pictures. this allows you to stop and closely examine anything you want without feeling like a creepo.

i've known some people that go as far as wearing an orange vest and carrying a clipboard. people assume you're just some official dude and don't give it a second thought.

personally i've never worn a vest, but the camera and/or clipboard work very well. if you're really paranoid you can even write the scientific names of some of the local plants and trees down on the clipboard. if someone asks what you're doing you can tell them you're studying the native species.

haha i always do that :laugh:

Offlineshaznash
Stranger
Re: Anyone in the Uk been caught hunting? [Re: MegaMush]
    #11318507 - 10/25/09 03:28 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

we take a camera in the day, have been aproached by passers by/dog walkers,they dont take much notice when they see you photographing mushrooms, there are over 10,000 species of the buggers....unless you look like you are already tripping you should be ok.....however....we went hunting the other night in two cars and we were stood in the layby,one car was leaving with two of us in it, two of us were wavin them off, and one of us was still in the field grovelling in the cow shit with his torch. And the police drove past and stopped. We crapped ourselves and waited. The first officer said "what are you lot doin in the middle of nowhere at this time of night?" then he said " I can smell canabis. I've got a nose like a muskrat." If id been high I would have fell on the floor laughin at him. Instead I said " no, I'm smoking cheap fags but its not weed." Anyway to cut a long story short they got out the car, walked about lookin at us, they searched the two guys in the car and one had a big tub on his lap. "whats in that?" said old bill. "fishing bait" said my mate. "open it" said old bill. So he opened it. "Is that magic mushrooms?" said old bill. "i dont think so" said my mate "its for fishing.they love mushrooms." I have to point out at this point that my other mate miles away in the field hadnt seen all this goin on, until he stood up for a cigarette, pointed his torch in our direction and lit up the stripe on the police car. He hit the deck and turned his light off. The police asked us if there was anyone else up here with us. We said no! The officer turned back to our mate and his tub full of lib caps and said the stupidest thing I ever heard a policeman say. After claiiming to have a muskrat nose that is....."They are not magic mushrooms mate, but if they were, and you took them home and brewed them up, you'd be in possession of a class B drug. And I'd nick you. But they're probably not the right mushrooms.You could kill yourself eating them.I'm going to tip them out and we'll leave it at that ok?" And my mate kind off looked at him and said "go on then...."....reluctantly!!! Old bill tipped them over the wall of the field, told us all to get out of there, and got back in the car and drove of. We gave up for the night then and went home.Our mate in the field had found a few, and we've been back since and stock piled em. Makes you think tho, and if the next cop knows his mushrooms we could be in trouble.

Offlinemoosecow
Plank.
Male

Loc: Lincolnshire, England
Re: Anyone in the Uk been caught hunting? [Re: shaznash]
    #11318618 - 10/25/09 03:46 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

shaznash said:
we take a camera in the day, have been aproached by passers by/dog walkers,they dont take much notice when they see you photographing mushrooms, there are over 10,000 species of the buggers....unless you look like you are already tripping you should be ok.....however....we went hunting the other night in two cars and we were stood in the layby,one car was leaving with two of us in it, two of us were wavin them off, and one of us was still in the field grovelling in the cow shit with his torch. And the police drove past and stopped. We crapped ourselves and waited. The first officer said "what are you lot doin in the middle of nowhere at this time of night?" ...

Gutted man, but at least you got away scott free!

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification