Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCoheed88
Amateur Failure
 User Gallery

Id please? (sorry)
    #11227038 - 10/11/09 02:48 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Apologies for making a new post, but i wasn't sure if anyone caught my last one. I'd like to get an Id on the following please.

Im thinking the majority of them may be libs. There are 3 pictures which i have 4 mushrooms in, which i collected and they didn't seem to look quite right. Im not going to write down all the infos for those, but if you can tell me that they aren't libs, that would be great.

One of the pictures in the plastic box is the supposed "libs" before any treatment.

The ones on foil, are pictures after the mushrooms have been soaked in warm water to get rid of the bugs.

Habitat: High ground. On top of Moor. Cows previously grazed and manure a plenty. Next to telegraph post (the massive ones). Some close to wall and sheltered while others exposed. Found only on east side of field really. Growing in medium length grass.

Gills: Purplish/Grey/Dark black. relatively closely spaced.

Stem: Whitish/creamy. Blackened on some on particular areas, and also bluish on the base of a few of them. 3-7cm stem. Thin, bit like noodles. When wet can wrap around finger without breakage. Not the case when dry.

Cap: Either - Creamy white at top of cap, sometimes orangey/yellow sloping down into black at the very base (may be gills).

OR - blackened/greyish. The creamy white ones turned like this after i placed them in warm water.

The cap curves round and under the gills on some, while on others it is open and the gills are exposed. Not sure whether this is due to maturity or not. Diameter ranged from 0.2cm-1cm.

Spore print color: Brownish. But spore print was incredibly poor. ot good enough for camera.

Bruising: Not really any discernable bruising. Though many stems were either a little black or a little blue, or both.

Location: West Yorkshire, Uk. 2 days after rain. Moorland. 10-12 degrees C

http://www.flickr.com/photos/coheed1988/sets/72157622563375624/
TY in advance

--------------------
You don't like yourself, but you admire yourself - it's all you've got, so you cling to it. You're so afraid that if you change, you'll lose what makes you special. Being miserable doesn't make you better than anyone else, it just makes you miserable..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesaintpedro
nom nom nom

Loc: heliosphere
Re: Id please? (sorry) [Re: Coheed88]
    #11227100 - 10/11/09 02:56 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Look like libs to me, except for the ones you were rightfully unsure of.  Wait for a TI though and be certain of each specimen.  Good stuff :thumbup:

Invisiblekoraks
Re: Id please? (sorry) [Re: saintpedro]
    #11227157 - 10/11/09 03:02 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

You have mostly liberty caps, with a few ps. semiglobata in the 4th, 5th and last pics.

OfflineCoheed88
Amateur Failure
 User Gallery

Re: Id please? (sorry) [Re: koraks]
    #11227237 - 10/11/09 03:15 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Sweet, my first ever active mushrooms i picked woo!  are they all safe for consumption then? Aside from the little orange one?

--------------------
You don't like yourself, but you admire yourself - it's all you've got, so you cling to it. You're so afraid that if you change, you'll lose what makes you special. Being miserable doesn't make you better than anyone else, it just makes you miserable..

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck