Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepiratg
Stranger
 User Gallery
How to find the Santo Daime ?
    #11226468 - 10/11/09 12:45 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I know these groups exist in other countries but I was wondering if anyone here knows what happened to the one that used to exist down in England ?

NB* I also heard rumours of one in Ireland - don't know which part though

cheers

pg

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: How to find the Santo Daime ? [Re: piratg]
    #11227541 - 10/11/09 04:02 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I hope you are at the right time in life to look into this. I wouldn't rush it. They can be emailed. Just google them.

Offlineakb112211
Stranger

Loc: UKUSANetherlands
Re: How to find the Santo Daime ? [Re: World Spirit]
    #11704571 - 12/23/09 06:31 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I just found a church that is in my city. I'm seriously considering going there this christmas eve. (there is a meeting that evening)
What do you mean exactly by: "I hope you are at the right time in life to look into this. I wouldn't rush it."

I mean, I understand your obvious sentiment, but is there ever a wrong time for this?
For me, I've been considering this for a while, but entered into quite a desperate phase of my life. It seems like the right time for me, but perhaps this moment in my life is wrong.
Any input would be good.
I also have been trying to phone them for days, to no avail. I went over there on monday, and the place is an old convent, with a very strange vibe. The place is very "catholic" looking, but doesn't look like its been updated since the 50's at least. Really interesting place.
I may just go there and talk to them tomorrow.

I'm going to start a thread on this experience too...maybe someone who happens to be in The Hague(netherlands) wants to join me?

--------------------
"There never was and never will be,
Nor is there now,
The wholly criticized
Or the wholly approved"

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: How to find the Santo Daime ? [Re: akb112211]
    #11704587 - 12/23/09 06:39 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I have no direct experience with the Santo Daime. I can only go by what I've read in books and online.

In general, this is of course a spiritual community deeply inspired by Ayahuasca and Self-realization. It is not for everyone and I just want to express some concern for those seeking spiritual unity with others of the same caliber.

I didn't want to come off as worried or anything. I just wouldn't want a friend on this site to go there without an understanding of what this organization practices and what the set and setting would entail. That's all.

OfflineShroomDoom
Friend of the Medicine
 User Gallery

Loc: A Psychedelic State Flag
Re: How to find the Santo Daime ? [Re: World Spirit]
    #11731996 - 12/28/09 02:29 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Santo Daime is a very distinct spiritual path with a heavy christian leaning. i have a close friend in the SD. The concentrados are no joke man, they are channelling some powerful aspects of the medicine when they drink it. They don't just sit around, its a lot of singing and dancing. you need to really speak with a mestre first to find out if it's right for you. the Daime when taken this way is totally different.

--------------------

Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
Re: How to find the Santo Daime ? [Re: ShroomDoom]
    #11732516 - 12/28/09 04:03 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

The Santo Daime can be very disappointing for who is not catholic.

If you're looking for inner healing I'd try San Pedro at first, Ayahuasca is a bit tighter.

FH

Offlineakb112211
Stranger

Re: How to find the Santo Daime ? [Re: felixhigh]
    #11734185 - 12/28/09 09:01 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I spoke to him very briefly when I showed up for a session. It was a special christmas eve session. He was very nice, but didn't have a lot of time to explain anything to me. In the typical dutch manner, he assumed I knew everything. Basically, it seemed as if...If I turned up, then I know I want to participate. He seemed very eager to let me join immediately. Very warm surroundings.
I turned up because I was completely desperate for some type of healing. I would have participated had I the appropriate white clothes.
I'm so glad I didn't though. I was in such a state of desperation, I may have been completely taken over by it.
I am in a much better place now. I think I would handle it a lot better.

This is in no way an indictment, merely a result of my own defensive mind and conditioning...
but there certainly was a cult-like feeling to it.
I would like to go in there with an open mind, but I think we all need a level of guardedness. My mind was completely vulnerable that day.

I would like to participate soon though. I think I'll do something like the concentrado. There is one on the 15th that I will go to. They seem to be held twice a month.
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to email him back and maybe even sit down and discuss some things with him.

This is a very serious thing for me. Have you either of you participated?

I want this to be my introduction to ayahuasca. Are there any other concerns?
I'm really looking forward to this, especially since I have a bit more awareness of myself now. I'm going to see how the next couple weeks develop. I'll keep you informed.

--------------------
Nor is there now,
The wholly criticized
Or the wholly approved"

Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

#11734245 - 12/28/09 09:13 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I would never participate of a syncretical religion ritual, I do my rituals in my power places and the rules are set by the plant teacher, not by humans.

FH

Offlineakb112211
Stranger

#11734274 - 12/28/09 09:18 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

This is a very good point. Do you feel that there could be something negative being channeled?

--------------------
Nor is there now,
The wholly criticized
Or the wholly approved"

Offlineakb112211
Stranger

#11734282 - 12/28/09 09:20 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Though I do feel that religions can teach. but do they require more out of the participant than they give?

--------------------
Nor is there now,
The wholly criticized
Or the wholly approved"

OfflineShroomDoom
Friend of the Medicine
 User Gallery

#11736249 - 12/29/09 08:55 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

felixhigh said:
I would never participate of a syncretical religion ritual, I do my rituals in my power places and the rules are set by the plant teacher, not by humans.

FH

the rules are set by the woman whom Mestre Irineu saw in his visions. She is the entity who gave him the structure for his concetrados and bailes and allowed him to heal people through the daime. This is just another persons relationship to this ayahuasca. I would not feel that i could never participate but at the same time i have not taken up the effort to go speak with a mestre yet. Its not my relationship to ayahuasca either.

I participate in a syncretic ritual with strict rules in the NAC half moon ceremony. I also make my own rituals according to my personal relationship to the plants when i am in like you say places of power. I don't think there is anything wrong with the religious ritual around the plants because it provides a framework for which to place the experience and intepret the visions. Things then acquire a greater purpose then just your own personal elucidation. In these half moon fireplaces we pray for everybody.

--------------------

Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

#11737253 - 12/29/09 12:52 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I do believe there is lots of negative energy being channeled in certain churches, there's even an 'evil' Santo Daime branch that uses cocaine and calls it 'Santa Clara'. I'm talking about refined cocaine.

Its one really interesting story about 'modern witchcraft', but I don't think there is much of it documented in english.

FH

Offlineakb112211
Stranger

#11737837 - 12/29/09 02:38 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

at this branch, they do a session called santa maria I believe. It involves marijuana.
FH, what you are saying certainly reminds me of the vibes I felt. But like I've said, I think that my guard was up, and I was thinking the worst. I will proceed with caution. Thanks for bringing this up.
There isn't a tremendous amount of info regarding the nature of these churches. Maybe I'll do some digging...

--------------------
Nor is there now,
The wholly criticized
Or the wholly approved"

Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

#11738009 - 12/29/09 03:21 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Santa Maria IS Marijuana itself.
Some branches do use it, some don't.
If Santa Clara were coca leaves it would be fine by me.

FH

Invisibledurian_2008
Cornucopian Eating an Elephant
 User Gallery

Loc: Raccoon City
    #11749284 - 01/01/10 06:07 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I'm trying to understand SD's take on the Pope.

Are they Catholic or Protestant?

Is this another synchretic group, which calls certain spirits, using the names of Catholic saints?

OfflineShroomDoom
Friend of the Medicine
 User Gallery

Re: How to find the Santo Daime ? [Re: durian_2008]
    #11749550 - 01/01/10 07:01 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

durian_2008 said:
I'm trying to understand SD's take on the Pope.

Are they Catholic or Protestant?

Is this another synchretic group, which calls certain spirits, using the names of Catholic saints?

they open and close the concentrado with christian prayers. the religion itself is not catholic it is syncretic. They do not disguise the spirits as saints though and they still recognize the African Orishas by their original names; Ogun, Odele, ect. The Orishas are invoked as well as the catholic saints. The religion is a mix of indigenous, catholic, and afro-carribean elements.

--------------------

Offlineakb112211
Stranger

Re: How to find the Santo Daime ? [Re: ShroomDoom]
    #11751472 - 01/02/10 06:27 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I just had a moment of fascination, and now look forward to my introduction to their world in the near future.
So I am trying to fit my role somewhere in this whole thing. I'm glad this discussion is taking place before I encounter the Daime later this month.
Bare with me...
All religions have a core. A core which is pure/was pure. They also have an historical origin. From the very inception of the religion, this purity no longer existed due to the human element interpreting this 'word of god' etc. From its birth, as it travels from hand to hand(or body to body) over time, becomes more convoluted. The core is of course, what each of us are seeking.

As long as the christian prayer in the opening and closing of the ceremony is pure in its nature, then I am very willing to take part. I need to feel that the intention of the participants and the maestre have consciously benevolent purpose in life.

The reason I have been having concerns, is that there are a number of people(basically anyone whom I mention this to) who immediately shun the idea. These are even supposedly open minded people. I am indeed influenced by others, but it really shows how fear and misunderstanding dictate the decisions many people make.

I am very concerned about my mental safety above all. I think that it is a big step(as big as one allows it to be) to actively participate in something like this.
I won't be able to come to any conclusions in the near future, but I will indeed share as much of my experience as possible.

--------------------
Nor is there now,
The wholly criticized
Or the wholly approved"

Edited by akb112211 (01/03/10 03:50 AM)

InvisibleFleadh
Eh No....
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ireland Flag
    #11751828 - 01/02/10 09:02 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Trying to pervert shamanism into a Christian ritual using a mish-mash of different religions and giving it a nice latin-esq name....Seriously?

--------------------
Friendships have come and gone but I always regret the girls I didn't bang

I just dont really care what you think

Offlineakb112211
Stranger

Re: How to find the Santo Daime ? [Re: Fleadh]
    #11751888 - 01/02/10 09:26 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

if you want to put it that way, then don't you think that our use of DMT, salvia, morning glory, etc is the ultimate perversion of shamanism?

Yours was one of the most closed minded posts I've read in ages.

--------------------
Nor is there now,
The wholly criticized
Or the wholly approved"

InvisibleFleadh
Eh No....
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ireland Flag
    #11751978 - 01/02/10 09:48 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

It was a question as that how the religion comes accross in this thread!

Questions arent closed minded, quite the opposite actually.

How is the summary incorrect?

--------------------
Friendships have come and gone but I always regret the girls I didn't bang

I just dont really care what you think

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals