Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

Loc: Building 7
Psychology Psucks
    #11225879 - 10/11/09 10:32 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

First, I would never trust anyone who is going to "help" me at $150 an hour that keeps looking at their watch during the "session".

Second, from my experience and perhaps others, the reason most people get into psychology is because they were messed up as kids and hoped to learn why in college and then charge $150 an hour looking at their watch then babbling some psychobabble at the end along with a prescription for some anti-depressant or other psycho drug.

Third, these highly paid "professionals" are no closer to understanding the human psyche than they were as messed up kids hoping to learn why.

Agree and still appreciate the mysteries of the mind and have the courage and independence to experience the unknown on your own or

Disagree and think $150 an hour is helping anyone but the messed up kid who know thinks he has everyone figured out or can with enough "sessions" for people who need "help" and has a big house and a trophy wife and a few diplomas on the wall to make it official.

Personally I think Psychology Psucks but the p is silent like in swimming...

--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

Edited by LunarEclipse (10/11/09 10:34 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
Re: Psychology Psucks [Re: LunarEclipse]
    #11225920 - 10/11/09 10:43 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

First, I would never trust anyone who tries to tell me what to do at $150 an hour that keeps looking at their watch during the "session".

Maybe they were looking at the time in your case, because they already had too much of you. :smirk:
Seriously though, are you aware the not all psychologists are looking at their watch during the session? Did it ever cross your mind that some of them might actually be fully enjoying what they're doing, and are genuinely interested in figuring out how to teach other people to help themselves?

Quote:

Second, from my experience and perhaps others, the reason most people get into psychology is because they were messed up as kids and hoped to learn why in college...

Why, were you a messed up kid that decided to be a psychologist as a result of that? Otherwise, how the hell do you know for which reasons most people become psychologists?

Quote:

and then charge $150 an hour looking at their watch then babbling some psychobabble at the end along with a prescription for some anti-depressant or other psycho drug.

This only proves even further how misinformed and ignorant you are, since you don't even know that it is not the psychologist but the psychiatrist that prescribe drugs such as anti-depressants.

Quote:

Third, these highly paid "professionals" are no closer to understanding the human psyche than they were are messed up kids hoping to learn why.

Please elaborate on this even further. :arabs:

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

OfflineAhimsa
µdose
Male

#11225936 - 10/11/09 10:48 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Psy can be interesting!
I for one am learning tremendously at the moment.
I find it really mind-liberating!
Have you seen "good will hunting"?
I liked the movie... :wink:

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Psychology Psucks [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #11225948 - 10/11/09 10:52 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

MushroomTrip said:
Quote:

and then charge $150 an hour looking at their watch then babbling some psychobabble at the end along with a prescription for some anti-depressant or other psycho drug.

This only proves even further how misinformed and ignorant you are, since you don't even know that it is not the psychologist but the psychiatrist that prescribe drugs such as anti-depressants.

Hey, even though he didn't have the slightest clue on what he was talking about, I'm sure the rest of his post is insightful and savvy. :cheers:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

Loc: Building 7
    #11225950 - 10/11/09 10:52 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

MushroomTrip said:
Quote:

First, I would never trust anyone who tries to tell me what to do at $150 an hour that keeps looking at their watch during the "session".

Maybe they were looking at the time in your case, because they already had too much of you. :smirk:
Seriously though, are you aware the not all psychologists are looking at their watch during the session? Did it ever cross your mind that some of them might actually be fully enjoying what they're doing, and are genuinely interested in figuring out how to teach other people to help themselves?

Quote:

Second, from my experience and perhaps others, the reason most people get into psychology is because they were messed up as kids and hoped to learn why in college...

Why, were you a messed up kid that decided to be a psychologist as a result of that? Otherwise, how the hell do you know for which reasons most people become psychologists?

Quote:

Quote:

Third, these highly paid "professionals" are no closer to understanding the human psyche than they were are messed up kids hoping to learn why.

"because they had already had enough of you"
"proves even further how misinformed and ignorant you are"

Personalisms Psuck and As You Choose to Use Them as Part of Your Debate I Choose NOT to respond to your Posts.  In Fact You Get to go on PermaIgnore!  Enjoy.

PS Read the forum rules do us all a favor and lose the personalisms.

--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
    #11225973 - 10/11/09 10:58 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Just admit that you don't know how to reply to my post in a manner that could save your honor, and that you're just hiding behind this "personalism" excuse to get away from admitting that your post was mostly crap.
I will consider that you abdicated from debating with me because my arguments were debunking your ridiculous claims, unless, of course, you decide to reply to my initial points in a way that supports the validity of your claims.

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

OfflineTheBalance
Boo! Duh.
 User Gallery

#11226009 - 10/11/09 11:08 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I just watched 'Shrink' with Kevin Spacey.
Pretty rad dark comedy/social commentary.
Good one.:thumbup:

There are good psychiatrists/psychologists and bad ones...
Sometimes I think people are disappointed when they don't hear what they want.
There are those who have a more...  Nontraditional approach.
A more 'inspired' view.
Perhaps some experience with the trans-personal/transcendent.

I've had the feeling that sometimes they 'know more' than they are willing to express...  For fear of feeding psychosis.:shrug:

Of course I've also sensed that some are full of shit.  Lacking.:thumbdown:

InvisibleBand of Gypsys
Stranger

Loc: Mountains on the Moon
    #11226013 - 10/11/09 11:09 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Not all psychology psucks. I went to a psucky the rapist for a while then I found a good one, she is unconventional. My psychiatrist gives me lots of klonopins. :smile:

InvisibleKukaracha
Cat wannabe
Male User Gallery

Re: Psychology Psucks [Re: Band of Gypsys]
    #11226176 - 10/11/09 11:47 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I went to a psychologist. It helped. It was cheap. He was nice. I was messed up.

Nuff said.

Edit: when I was a kid! Go tell kids to accept the complexity of their minds. Go tell them they can talk about what they've been through with other kids, between two soccer games.

Edited by Kukaracha (10/11/09 11:48 AM)

InvisibleDieCommie

#11226788 - 10/11/09 02:03 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Therapists and counselors do great things for many people struggling from light dysfunction to serious mental illness.  I think your post reeks of ignorance about the field and what therapists actually do.  The fact that you are even calling is psychology and then further confusing it with psychiatry betrays your ignorance.

Invisiblecyb3rtr0n
searching for truth
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11228343 - 10/11/09 06:12 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

when I went a psyche years ago, it was worth it... it was FREE, my insurance covered it, and I only had $4 co-pays for any prescription.

would I pay $150/hr for the service I got over the periods I visited the psyche.  HELL NO

I agree that there are probably many psychologists/psychiatrists out there who are worth their money, but weeding through the hundreds available locally would bankrupt a millionaire.

a psychologist is a person to talk to though that could be of better help because: they study patterns of behavior, and they are someone from the outside who has no pre-judgment of you which you can confine your personal issues with.

--------------------
LAGM v.2.024 Grow log

InvisibleMufungo
Coming at ya
 User Gallery

Loc: Knowhere
    #11228955 - 10/11/09 07:30 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

LunarEclipse said:
First, I would never trust anyone who is going to "help" me at $150 an hour that keeps looking at their watch during the "session".

Second, from my experience and perhaps others, the reason most people get into psychology is because they were messed up as kids and hoped to learn why in college and then charge $150 an hour looking at their watch then babbling some psychobabble at the end along with a prescription for some anti-depressant or other psycho drug.

Third, these highly paid "professionals" are no closer to understanding the human psyche than they were as messed up kids hoping to learn why.

Agree and still appreciate the mysteries of the mind and have the courage and independence to experience the unknown on your own or

Disagree and think $150 an hour is helping anyone but the messed up kid who know thinks he has everyone figured out or can with enough "sessions" for people who need "help" and has a big house and a trophy wife and a few diplomas on the wall to make it official.

Personally I think Psychology Psucks but the p is silent like in swimming...

Seems like you went to see a psucky psychologist. That does psuck. But like any profession, there's the bad and there's the good, and there's all the ones in between.

My advice is to shop around (if possible) before forking out the dough. Contact the psychology association in your country for info on how to pick a psychologist suitable for you and what you want. Get word of mouth advice on who might be a good psychologist. Ask the psychologist lots of questions about their service before agreeing to use their service. If a psychologist isn't up to the standard you expect, then write it down in a letter and mail it to the psychologist and/or the psych registration board. There's things that can be done to help ensure you get a reasonable standard of service from a psychologist.

--------------------

Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

Loc: Out of this world
    #11228995 - 10/11/09 07:35 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

LunarEclipse said:
Quote:

MushroomTrip said:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

"because they had already had enough of you"
"proves even further how misinformed and ignorant you are"

Personalisms Psuck and As You Choose to Use Them as Part of Your Debate I Choose NOT to respond to your Posts.  In Fact You Get to go on PermaIgnore!  Enjoy.

PS Read the forum rules do us all a favor and lose the personalisms.

rofl way to slide past the rebuttal man

--------------------

Invisiblecyb3rtr0n
searching for truth
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Psychology Psucks [Re: learningtofly]
    #11229015 - 10/11/09 07:38 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I thought the same thing.. fighting personalism with personalism ie:hypocritical.  It is like she was trying to make him feel subordinate before stating her opinion(fact)

--------------------
LAGM v.2.024 Grow log

Invisiblederanger
 User Gallery

Loc: off the wall
    #11229445 - 10/11/09 08:52 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I will make you shit your pants before you even consider replying to this.

[INSERT PERSONALISM HERE/][INSERT PERSONALISM HERE/][INSERT PERSONALISM HERE/][INSERT PERSONALISM HERE/][insert point here/][INSERT PERSONALISM HERE/][INSERT PERSONALISM HERE/][INSERT PERSONALISM HERE/][INSERT PERSONALISM HERE/]

InvisibleMufungo
Coming at ya
 User Gallery

Loc: Knowhere
Re: Psychology Psucks [Re: deranger]
    #11229628 - 10/11/09 09:21 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

deranger said:

Hey how about that, you were right!

Uh oh, you weren't talkin to me.. BRB :seeya:

--------------------

OfflineTheBalance
Boo! Duh.
 User Gallery

Re: Psychology Psucks [Re: Mufungo]
    #11229859 - 10/11/09 09:56 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Mufungo said:
Quote:

deranger said:

Hey how about that, you were right!

Uh oh, you weren't talkin to me.. BRB :seeya:

Dirty.:poop:

:lol:

Invisiblederanger
 User Gallery

Re: Psychology Psucks [Re: TheBalance]
    #11230045 - 10/11/09 10:28 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

sorry people for stinking up the place with my shitty attitude.

anyways, back on topic...

some psychologists get to the root of the issue, some don't
more don't than do
some patients are in too deep
that about does it
i have such a massive brain

OfflineTheBalance
Boo! Duh.
 User Gallery

Re: Psychology Psucks [Re: deranger]
    #11230121 - 10/11/09 10:37 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

i have such a massive brain

Is it heavy?

Invisiblederanger
 User Gallery

Re: Psychology Psucks [Re: TheBalance]
    #11230291 - 10/11/09 10:58 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

too many helmets
way too many helmets
a freaking layer cake of helmets

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder