Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineThisIsPathetic
Tech Support
Male User Gallery

Trying to make an advanced fruiting chamber...
    #11224282 - 10/10/09 11:49 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

OK- So im trying to make my own fruiting chamber...taking and leaving from many other teks for them that I have seen...

i dont really have a 'budget' and i want it to be the least maintenance possible...made out of huge bins, i dont like the whole martha closet tek...

SO basically i have this..i have a bin in bin incubator to keep it at about 75-78 degrees Fahrenheit, and a grow light zip tied to the top of the bin, which a normal day timer set on it (12 on 12 off).

only problem i have is i have to mist frequently to keep up the humidity, and more frequently air it out twice a day so i can get rid of the CO2 build up...

Im looking for ideas to maybe hook up a humidifier that goes into the bin, and some kind of fanning/air circulation to add onto the chamber. Like i said, money isn't really an issue, don't really WANT to spend all that much, but at the same time i will if i can make my chamber better. I also plan on making a 2nd of the chamber that im making right now...i just want to perfect this one before i copy it (and maybe post up a tek of making one too if it works out well)

Thanks in advance for the advice everyone! (currently using it for BRF cakes [i got about 100 jars germ. right now] also have some popcorn jars on the way too...i know i know, everyone says that's way too many BRF jars, but i haven't had too much luck in grain or spawning yet, and i feel most comfortable with BRF :laugh:)

--------------------
Now that's what I call cubes :smile:

R A I N B O W W A R R I O R

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Colorado Flag
Re: Trying to make an advanced fruiting chamber... [Re: ThisIsPathetic]
    #11224321 - 10/10/09 11:54 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Well if you specifically want to use a bin, I really think your best bet is a Shotgun FC like in RR's video: http://www.mushroomvideos.com/

--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

OfflineThisIsPathetic
Tech Support
Male User Gallery

Re: Trying to make an advanced fruiting chamber... [Re: Doc_T]
    #11224356 - 10/10/09 11:59 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, ive had a couple of those during the summer...iut was nice for when it was nice out. Now its on the verge of snowing, and its cold! I need something that will give me light, and the heat i need, and the humidity...(the only way i can get the heat and such is if i use a bin and bin...and i cant put holes in that :/)

--------------------

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11224405 - 10/11/09 12:08 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Oh, I understand. I had the same issue with my greenhouse.
My solution was to use a warm mist humidifier as the heater.
I recently got a Zoo Med Hygro Therm controller, which is working great so far. I can't say anything about longevity yet.

--------------------

OfflineThisIsPathetic
Tech Support
Male User Gallery

#11224444 - 10/11/09 12:19 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

i was thinking of purchasing this from mushbox.com

http://www.mushbox.com/myco-combo.html

--------------------

InvisibleShea25
Just some guy
Male

Loc: Westcoast Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #11224449 - 10/11/09 12:20 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Edited by Shea25 (10/11/09 12:21 AM)

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11224481 - 10/11/09 12:26 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

ThisIsPathetic said:
i was thinking of purchasing this from mushbox.com

You can get all of that locally. :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineThisIsPathetic
Tech Support
Male User Gallery

#11224496 - 10/11/09 12:28 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

locally? i have looked soo much in stores, and cant seem to find the products i need...i figured instead of taping, and tubing my own humidifier and what not, i would just buy one that works together all in one...

--------------------

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11224510 - 10/11/09 12:31 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Pet stores will have some of that. Hardware stores too. Really depends on exactly how you want to go about it, obviously.
If you are in or near a pretty big city, a specialty pet store might have everything all at once.

edit- or use a repeat cycle timer, you can get one at hydroponic stores or some local garden stores (not chains).

--------------------

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
    #11225211 - 10/11/09 06:45 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

warm mist humidifier??? sounds like a breeding ground for contamination and could build up alot of condensation and pools of water.

Generaly you dont want to heat a terrarium directly as you can get a shitload of condensation forming on the colder walls. It also makes it harder to humidify as all that condensation was in the air as humidity and has been taking out.

If you want a simple maintaince free fruiting chamber, mono tubs and double tubs can generaly be left to do there thing or you can mist and fan a few times a day when you can to give a small boost,

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Trying to make an advanced fruiting chamber... [Re: veda_sticks]
    #11225289 - 10/11/09 07:31 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

veda_sticks said:
warm mist humidifier??? sounds like a breeding ground for contamination and could build up alot of condensation and pools of water.

If you only read the posts of others and never tried it for yourself, you might think that.

--------------------

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #11225654 - 10/11/09 09:25 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

ThisIsPathetic said:
Yeah, ive had a couple of those during the summer...iut was nice for when it was nice out. Now its on the verge of snowing, and its cold! I need something that will give me light, and the heat i need, and the humidity...(the only way i can get the heat and such is if i use a bin and bin...and i cant put holes in that :/)

It's been down below zero here for the last several mornings, with our high temp below freezing.  My shotgun terrariums are sitting at 75F and 97% humidity.  Are you saying you don't heat your house to normal room temp?

You want to avoid heating fruiting chambers.  The temp differential will cause loads of condensation to form on the walls, thus lowering the humidity inside.  If you need heat to obtain normal room temperature, use a small space heater in the room the terrarium is located, not the terrarium itself.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Trying to make an advanced fruiting chamber... [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #11225675 - 10/11/09 09:33 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
Are you saying you don't heat your house to normal room temp?
RR

I know I don't.
I live in a drafty 100 year old building, an old farm house converted to a duplex. It's so drafty that when the wind blows, the plastic over the windows goes 'poof'. I've got towels stuffed under doors, all curtains and blinds closed- and it's still cold.
I don't heat it above 70 during the day, and turn the heat way down at night. And the heated air is DRY, it's terrible.

I don't know about anybody else, but conditions in my place are antithetical to growing tropical mushrooms, it's quite a challenge.

--------------------

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #11225690 - 10/11/09 09:41 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

That sucks.  You might want to try running a cool mist or ultrasonic humidifier 24/7 in your house.  The moist air will hold heat much better than dry air, and it feels cozier. 

My last cool mist shit the bed over the summer, and since the nearest hardware/home improvement store is a three hour drive from my cabin, I'm keeping a large pot of water boiling on the stove day and night until I make a trip to town.

My cabin has lots of leaks too, but we have a large cast iron wood stove for heat and ten cords of firewood stacked up in the barn, so it's easy to keep 75F to 80F, even when it gets really cold up here, which it does, as shown below.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

InvisibleShea25
Just some guy
Male

Loc: Westcoast Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #11225700 - 10/11/09 09:43 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Cool pics reminds me of around here. Can't wait for winter camping

But I also dont heat my place in the winter I just use blankets. My place usually get into the looow 60's and all of last year it was fine to do my work in

Edited by Shea25 (10/11/09 09:44 AM)

InvisibleDoc_T
Random Dude
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #11225708 - 10/11/09 09:44 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Oh, yes. Waste humidity from my greenhouse really helps. But if I didn't have that, I'd want a humidifier.

Every living situation is a compromise- and this place is not only cheap, it's across the street from where I work. :shrug: But it's not myco-friendly.

--------------------

OfflineMigraine
Expanding Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Alabama
    #11226098 - 10/11/09 11:29 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Get yourself another small tub and place an ultrasonic element (fog making device for ponds) in it.

Cut two holes in the lid on the tub.  Plumb 3in or 4in dryer flex hose from the top of this bucket to your bins (one or more in series).

Get yourself a small "inline" fan - 135 cfm or less and plumb it into the other hole in the lid. - Do NOT use computer fans as many have stated - they are not designed to move heavy air (water is heavy).

Plug the fan into a "router speed control" - to control the speed of the fan thereby controlling the amount of fresh air being moved.

Plug fan and ultrasonic into a timer and let it cycle.

Now you will force fresh air and humidity at the same time.

I do this to a chamber made from 1" pcv pipe and clear plastic - 4ft wide, 2ft deep and 7ft high.

Works great.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck