Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, HPS, Rye Grain, Scales, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinenexiusus
Stranger
 User Gallery
Hawaiian PES: 3LB Rye Spawn Bag -> Casing (Fruited Outdoors)
    #11225588 - 10/11/09 11:10 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

My first grow was a MadSeason bag which I ended up using by casing it rather than fruiting invitro and got TERRIFIC results. I learned a few lessons like

1.Don't mix up the casing and the spawn like it were some kind of salad. You'll end up with like half the casing pinning and the half with the less spawn will be inevetiably less strong and will barely pin. Not to mention the fruits will be extremely small.

2. Don't flip a casing over just cause you see pins on it and you wan't to harvest it too. Don't worry if those guys mature... the strong ones will make it aaaaaaaaaaall the way around or through the casing however they can, while the weak ones will be consumed by the mycelium (literally the mycelium starts covering it all up).

3. Be carefull you how much casing you use when casing your spawn. If you are using a ton of casing the mycelium wastes a ton of energy trying to colonize something without absolutely no nutritional value to it....which in turns causes less fruits.

4. DRY CORRECTLY!!!! I made the mistake of taking the first flush (which was 17.4 grams in the end) and fan drying it for only about 24 hours. I then put them in an open plastic bag inside of a shoebox thinking the last of the water weight would dispate from there. Well 2 days later I noticed all the mushrooms had a light green tinge to them. I let everyone try them regardless but the potency WAS GARBAGE!!!! Incorrect trying and allowing mold to set it seems to completely ruin the potency of the mushrooms. The second batch which ended up 11.2 grams was dried 3 days under a fan until nice and crisp and they were EXTREMELY POTENT. When I say extreme I fucking mean it too. 3.5 grams had me tripping for almost 6 hours long with a longgggggg trippy after effect after that until I fell asleep.

(B+ Strain/1 lb Madseason bag/cased with MCMG/2 Flushes before trich set in/Fruited outdoors/28.6 total)
---------------------------------------------------------------------

So with all these tips in mind I decided to do a larger scale casing using a 3lb rye spawn bag. I chose Hawaiian PES spores this time because a friend of mine had great luck with them and very large flushes.

8/4/09
------
I recieved Hawaiian PES spores in the mail today. I figured 12cc was alot of spores if I was just going to do one bag, so I decided I wanted to give something new a try. I read an article on here about "Microwavable WBS jars" and the author was a very respected member of these boards. I decided to give it a whirl and made myself 2 1 pint WBS microwave semi-sterilized spawn. The jars turned out just fine and I gave them a day to cool hoping that the 3lb rye bag would arrive the next day.

8/5/09
------
My rye spawn bag did not arrive today so I was very disappointed. So disappointed that I ended up eating 10 2mg xanax and smoking a bunch of pot. Well needless to say I got home and said "HEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYY LETZ inoculate THOSE JARzZZzz". I had remembered that I had decided on using 1/4 of a CC per jar so as not to throw of the delicate water content and cause contams. Well my dumb barred out ass (I discovered the next morning) had injected 4 CCs into these itty bitty jars!!! The entire water content was thrown off and there was stagnant liquid in the jars.

8/7/09
------
My 3lb rye spawn bag showed up today. I inoculated it with the rest of the Hawaiian PES spores which was 3.5cc (stupid ass xanax making me throw away spores/substrate/MY LIFE).

One of my WBS jar was covered in the "wet spot" baceria. The second jar was colonizing just fine and had no problems whatsoever.

8/15/09
-------
Around this time is when I started seeing the mycelium showing up in my 3lb rye spawn bag. At first it was just a nickle size spot very near the inoculation point where I let it drip down the sides inbetween the substrate and the bag itself.

8/17/09
-------
The second WBS jar made it up to about 30% colonization....UNTIL I shook it. Once I shook that bad boy up it never recolonized and was smothered in wet spot bacteria. I gave it a few days just in case but it just got worse and worse and only tiny spots of mycelium where able to break through it. Either way both WBS microwave spawn pints were a complete failure because of xanax. DAMN YOU XANAX.

8/30/09
-------
Shook up the 3lb rye bag today. It had FINALLY made it to 30% colonization and she was ready to roll it out.

9/10/09
-------
The rye bag was now about 60% colonization and I gave her one last shake so that hopefully she would be done very soon.

9/21/09
-------
The 3 lb rye bag was 100% colonized today. I decided to give it another 3 days before casing it. I really was surprised how long it took to colonize but then I remembered that I didn't use LC, used very little spores when innoculating, and that the amount of spawn was VERY large; all factors that greatly contribute to colonization time.

9/24/09
-------
Cased the rye today and put it outdoors covered under a tarp to colonize. The tub I used for the casing was 24"x16"x15". I first mixed my MCMG to field capacity in a large bucket. I laid down a 1 inch thick layer of MCMG on the bottom of the tub, which I then covered with all of the spawn. I then covered the spawn with about half and inch of MCMG. I put the whole thing outdoors under my avocado tree with a tarp covering it to colonize the casing a little bit.

*NOTE: PLEASE NOTE THAT I USED A HANDSPRAYER TO SPRAY MY CASING EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!! VERY IMPORTANT ESPECIALLY WITH THE HEAT OF THE SUN! ALSO NEVER PLACE YOUR CASING OR PATCH IN DIRECT SUN ALWAYS PICK A SHADY AREA!

9/27/09
-------
It poured rain in buckets last night. I went outdoors to spriptz my casing only to find that it was COMPLETEY flooded as well as had a half eaten avocado floating in it. Well I emptied out the water as best I could and removed all the pieces of avocado. I moved it to an area that had less avocados on it since the tree is fruiting right now.

9/29/09
-------
The worst thing that could've possibly happened, happened. After all the extreme overwatering done by the rain, some of the mycelium layer had dime sized spots of trichoderma.

9/30/09
-------
Once again it poured buckets last night. I decided to pour the entire casing out onto the ground instead. I dug an ever so slight hole in a dirt patch underneath a bunch of trees and proceeded to pour the entire casing into it. I patched any areas that were necessary and watered.

10/7/09
-------
I was really wondering as to whether or not I had put too much MCMG when I patch cased after putting the casing into the ground. I decided to lightly use the hose to water off all the excess dirt and it worked exceptionally well. I proceeded to THINLY patch just the areas that had completely exposed mycelium.

10/11/09
--------
I arose this morning to see the first pins. So far there are only 8 of them but they are pretty big considering they just showed up today. The thing I'm worried about is that this is a VERY large casing and for it to only have 8 pins on it really scares me. It kind of makes me wonder if the yields of this 3 lb rye casing will be even remotely close to that of my 1 lb madseason bag :frown:

The casing:

The smallest pins:

Some weed I just harvested and dried:

The best nug once everyone was trimmed and getting ready for cure:

Same nug after final trimming and extensive curing:

Edited by nexiusus (10/11/09 12:15 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblemister
Nature nut
 User Gallery

Re: Hawaiian PES: 3LB Rye Spawn Bag -> Casing (Fruited Outdoors) [Re: nexiusus]
    #11225648 - 10/11/09 11:23 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

nice grow keep it up.

--------------------

:mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow:AMU Q & A thread:mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow::mushroomgrow:

OfflineJockin John C
Trip Trappen
Male User Gallery

Loc: outsideinsideout
Re: Hawaiian PES: 3LB Rye Spawn Bag -> Casing (Fruited Outdoors) [Re: mister] * 1
    #11225679 - 10/11/09 11:35 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

the weed definitely looks like some homegrown

Offlinenexiusus
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Hawaiian PES: 3LB Rye Spawn Bag -> Casing (Fruited Outdoors) [Re: Jockin John C]
    #11225781 - 10/11/09 12:02 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

thx everyone. yeah the weed is a crossbreed between bubblicious and afghan kush. i was going to dub it bubblekush but the strangest thing happened.... the plant grew in with two natural main stalks beginning. so i decided to call it siamese kush. She was grown under a 150 watt hps with 3 26 watt 5500k CFLs for supplementary sidelighting. The results were magnificent. It ended up being some of the most high quality sensimellia I've ever smoked. She used general purpose Vigoro 10-10-10 for vegetation and then I used 10-15-10 for the first 2 weeks of flowering and 5-30-15 for the rest of flowering until the last 2 weeks which I used to flush. The smell is very fruity and the high is very uplifting and social, but if you smoke too much instant couchlock. The amount of hairs is truly ridiculous and I was totally in love with the fact that the plant retained the extremely short indica stature of it's bubblicious father. It wasn't your average "homegrown" if you meant that it in a bad conotation. It was some serious commercial quality marijuana.

check it out:

OfflineJockin John C
Trip Trappen
Male User Gallery

#11225808 - 10/11/09 12:11 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

fuckin tight

Offlinenexiusus
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Hawaiian PES: 3LB Rye Spawn Bag -> Casing (Fruited Outdoors) [Re: Jockin John C]
    #11228488 - 10/11/09 08:31 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

thx man. im pretty worried about this casing because it only has 8 pins right now on a GIANT casing. a 3lb rye spawn casing should have a shitload more pins than that.... i hope it gets better. i was thinking of adding a little horse poo if the first flush isn't real tight because it went through quite a bit of trauma after the giant tub got flooded. i figured that could easily be the cause of my pinning problem.

Offlinenexiusus
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #11231656 - 10/12/09 09:01 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

10/12/09
--------
Here's the beef... giant casing... still only 8 pins and they are all on the same corner of the casing. Also 4 of those already have torn veils and are literally just under 2 inches tall. I'm starting to think I used WAAAAAY too much casing material for those 3lb of spawn. So here's the idea I'm having please please please comment.

After I pull these few mushrooms I'm going to give it another 2 or 3 days to see if the rest of the flush comes in.

1.If it does not I'm going to shovel the whole casing up and put it into a large tupperware.

2.I'm going to dunk the entire thing to remove all of the excess casing material.

3.I'm going to spawn the leftover mycelium to poo.

4. Colonize and recase.

Does this idea sound viable? Or am I just wasting time playing with mycelium that has already been through a heap of trouble? Here's the thing... when I scratch off some casing I can clearly see that mycelium has broken through the casing layer and colonized it just about everywhere it can get it's grubby little hands on it. The problem is I think that the mycelium has spent a ton of energy colonizing the overly large amount of casing material and now has no energy to fruit or very little energy at that.

Should I wait it out and just see if this casing pulls through and makes some magic or should I try my re-spawning idea?

PLEASE HELP

Offlinenexiusus
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #11231838 - 10/12/09 10:36 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

I found a couple more pins when I just went to water. So far there is 10 little pins 4 of which already have torn veils :frown:. I took the half of the casing that didnt colonize very well and doesnt have any pins or hyphal knots and i broke it all up and mixed in a bunch of hay and formed it into a cake again. I hope that the hay gives it some extra energy and if not I will add some hpoo as soon as I have the chance to purchase some.

Offlinenexiusus
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #11237882 - 10/13/09 07:46 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

picked some more little shrooms today. im so fucking disappointed tho. the first flush has produced like 2 grams... fucking 3 lb rye bag. my god damn 1 lb spawn bag produced 17.6 grams dry from the first flush. the cake that i made from the other half of the casing that wasnt fruiting that i formed with hay is already showing signs of colonization but its also completely full of water bugs and ants now! its like a giant ant hill

OfflineJockin John C
Trip Trappen
Male User Gallery

#11237940 - 10/13/09 08:17 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

i harvested a 2 pint tray of rye last night, got 160 grams wet first flush

Offlinenexiusus
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #11244956 - 10/14/09 12:04 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

thats what im fucking saying bro. i pulled 17.6 grams dry off the first flush of my last pf casing which was only 1 lb of substrate. this shit literally dropped 1.8 grams off the first flush dry. i know i should be happy it did anything it was contammed with trichoderma in large amounts but jesus christ bro. how the fuck could that happen. ive never had a completely unsuccessful mushroom grow like this and im so used to having success with my pot plants that having such a crappy flush off this casing makes me feel like shit.

Offlinenexiusus
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #11245067 - 10/14/09 12:27 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

look how fucking sorry this first flush was dry:

and look how raw less than a third of the same amount of spawn did for my last casing:

so fucking retarded. i guess im still lucky it flushed at all cuz it literally had the most trich ive ever seen on any of my previous mycological endeavors. it had dime and quarter size patches visible on 3 of the 4 sides of the casing. who knows about the inside!

Offlinenexiusus
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #11264274 - 10/17/09 09:06 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

I woke up this morning and found 14 more pins that weren't even there last night. Which is strange because that is more than was in the first flush??? I'm wondering if this is still part of the first flush but its coming in waves some how because I have never seen a second flush be more prolific than the first. Not to mention this casing should be fruiting a hefty amount of mushrooms and it is not.

Offlinekaste
six-nine power slider
Male

Loc: Latvia Flag
    #11264277 - 10/17/09 09:07 AM (8 years, 2 months ago)

You make me hungry :crankey:
bookmarked.

--------------------

It could be worse. A woman could cut off your penis while you're sleeping and toss it out the window of a moving car.

Offlinehauserss
The Guy
    #18109330 - 04/14/13 07:57 PM (4 years, 8 months ago)

good post

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, HPS, Rye Grain, Scales, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation