Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineAlmond Flour
...get off my lawn!
Male

Re: I hope weed stays illegal [Re: Compass]
    #11230235 - 10/11/09 10:51 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Compass said:
I actually quite understand what the OP is saying, have thoroughly contemplated it, and almost sided with it at one point.

Basically, the argument is that there are people in the business that stand to lose out after legalization. The Emerald Triangle would be radically affected without the pot money flowing through, and I do feel sorry for those who are hurt.

However, I am reminded of the case of a young man that was shot around here in the bay area over a few pounds of weed. That should not happen.

The high profits drive crime, and hurt people, just as they benefit people. If you need the drama of illegality to fuel the meaning in your life, don't worry because there will always be injustice and fallacy from mainstream authority.

If you need some sort of special taboo to seek after, do some weird kinky sex things or some absurd spiritual rituals.

I live in a very pro-pot area, and I actually found a fairly unbiased source in the form of a police officer. That person told me how they observe a lot of shit revolving around the black market for weed.

The first time I bought weed on the street, the guy tried to get as much money from me as he could. He convinced the rather naive version of myself to buy an extra bowl for $5 that wasn't cured and became moldy. When I said I had never used it before, some stoner moochers tried to get their fix by "showing me how to smoke."

Although that adrenaline rush would be somewhat removed for novice teenagers obtaining and secretly using contraband, I think quite a bit of anxiety/paranoia can come to some people when they are high and realize/think society is against them.

A more sophisticated culture, and one that in the 21st century is necessary, is understanding people's need for inebriation. Regulations rather than prohibitions are put down to help moderate people's use of these intoxicants. Education can also help.

thank you. Im glad you looked at my argument, and I appreciate your well thought out post. Much more convincing then some of the bullshit going on in this thread.

......fucking cry babies i swear. Calm down and relax  :stonedjerk:  How will you people ever change the minds of the authority figures, if you are unwilling to consider alternative views? Cant you see thats what ive done here! I dont want anyone in jail or killed over Marijuana. Quit adding drama to the thread

--------------------
Hippies and Liberals love Pope Francis, so why dont I quote him for you guys. "There is NO SALVATION outside the Catholic Church" :morningtoke:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefeifen

Re: I hope weed stays illegal [Re: Almond Flour]
    #11230251 - 10/11/09 10:54 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I don't want to change their minds. I want to blow their fucking brains out because they are morons at best.

This thread is fail.

OfflineAlmond Flour
...get off my lawn!
Male

Re: I hope weed stays illegal [Re: feifen]
    #11230256 - 10/11/09 10:54 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

feifen said:
I don't need to read your post at all nor am I going to

The only thing you have said is "I hope weed stays illegal"

"pro stoner bullshit"?

Fuck you

and I liked you Feifen! Whats with all the hate? I dont want you or anyone in jail. Obviously I should have expected this response, but Im hoping some are willing to think "outside the box" with me!

Im not saying I agree with the governments approach to weed. However im not saying I agree with this 100% legal bullshit either.

Perhaps there is a middle ground that we can all agree on?

--------------------
Hippies and Liberals love Pope Francis, so why dont I quote him for you guys. "There is NO SALVATION outside the Catholic Church" :morningtoke:

Invisibleelementswrath
Finger' trippin good
Male User Gallery

Loc: suiciety Flag
    #11230273 - 10/11/09 10:56 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

......fucking cry babies i swear. Calm down and relax  :stonedjerk:  How will you people ever change the minds of the authority figures, if you are unwilling to consider alternative views? Cant you see thats what ive done here! I dont want anyone in jail or killed over Marijuana. Quit adding drama to the thread

you should of said that a long time ago and could have prevented a bunch of angry stoners.:lol:

Offlinefeifen

#11230275 - 10/11/09 10:56 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Weeds harmless
It makes some people happy
it hurts no one
it should be legal

there is no argument.....

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #11230290 - 10/11/09 10:58 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Perhaps there is a middle ground that we can all agree on?

nope

--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

OfflineAlmond Flour
...get off my lawn!
Male

#11230295 - 10/11/09 10:59 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

feifen said:
Weeds harmless
it hurts no one
it should be legal

while this may hold true, you share a planet with other humans who happen to see otherwise, even if its a warped view of reality :shrug:.

On that note its time to watch king of the hill

--------------------

Offlineshivas.wisdom
בּ
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Turtle Island
    #11230302 - 10/11/09 10:59 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I don't see how you can have a middle ground between legal and illegal without deploying some serious doublethink- not much grey space in between these two terms.

And I've read your posts many times, the closest you have come to argueing your position is that it will help a limited amount of people, at the cost of many many more people. Why would these people benefitting now lose their business upon legalization unless they are simply criminals who have no care for their product and instead are out for profit?

--------------------

Offlinefeifen

Re: I hope weed stays illegal [Re: shivas.wisdom]
    #11230323 - 10/11/09 11:03 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Tea said:
Quote:

feifen said:
Weeds harmless
it hurts no one
it should be legal

while this may hold true, you share a planet with other humans who happen to see otherwise, even if its a warped view of reality :shrug:.

On that note its time to watch king of the hill

You are right. I'm glad they invented guns.

OfflineMchaggis
cawbstawmper
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 'Bama Ghost Country Flag
    #11230334 - 10/11/09 11:04 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Me too^

Yo Tea,

Sweet Tea FTW

Sweet Fuckin' Tea

that's the kind you're s'posed to drink out of mason jars :braindamage:

OP you keep saying things like "you guys" and "stoners"

How does it feel when I say "Californians think their shit doesn't stink and/or like the smell of it"

Making generalizations doesn't win friends or good ratings.

And basically Bigboi summed it up first thing: It'd be like going into a gay bar and telling people you disagree with their sexual preference.

seriously, you even got a rise outta me :rolleyes:

--------------------
I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available because if you try it once, you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body

Invisibleelementswrath
Finger' trippin good
Male User Gallery

#11230352 - 10/11/09 11:06 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Why would these people benefitting now lose their business upon legalization unless they are simply criminals who have no care for their product and instead are out for profit?

a lot of people would lose business for example, gas company's,lumber,clothing and many more but too drunk too think more, because hemp can be used as bio fuel for cars and lumber company's would lose money cause hemp can be used for construction, clothing because hemp fiber is super durable and they would slow sales on cloths.

Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

Loc: Out of this world
Re: I hope weed stays illegal [Re: Mchaggis]
    #11230360 - 10/11/09 11:08 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

The argument against legalization seems to be that people will lose money. I say too fucking bad, keeping people out of jail and stopping them from being labeled a criminal is far more important than making a few dollars.

--------------------

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: I hope weed stays illegal [Re: elementswrath]
    #11230366 - 10/11/09 11:09 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

competition is a good thing though

--------------------
Live for the moment you are in now
Don't be bogged down by your past
Don't be afraid of what lies in your future

Invisibleelementswrath
Finger' trippin good
Male User Gallery

Re: I hope weed stays illegal [Re: niteowl]
    #11230378 - 10/11/09 11:10 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

niteowl said:
competition is a good thing though

to the consumer maybe but not to the competitor.:smirk:

Offlinefeifen

Re: I hope weed stays illegal [Re: learningtofly]
    #11230380 - 10/11/09 11:11 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

learningtofly said:
The argument against legalization seems to be that people will lose money. I say too fucking bad, keeping people out of jail and stopping them from being labeled a criminal is far more important than making a few dollars.

Sadly people would disagree with you.

Those people I want to shove a bullet in their head.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #11230404 - 10/11/09 11:15 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I guess that's as good of a justification for murder as anything.

You tell me what I can and cant put into my own body, take away my rights
I put something into your body, take away your life? Even steven!
Not that I'm advocating homicide or anything, but it makes sense in my head.

Real life :seriousbusiness:

--------------------

OfflineCompass
Ancient Light

Loc: The Border of Reality
Re: I hope weed stays illegal [Re: elementswrath]
    #11230419 - 10/11/09 11:17 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

In my opinion, hemp, as opposed to marijuana, will not really cause that much damage to other industries. The only real viable uses are fiber for clothing and paper, and hemp seeds/oil for food.

I hope we see a lot of hemp used in the future for paper, if it proves its ecological benefits.

As for hemp clothing, it has some good uses, but cotton will still dominate. As hemp cloth becomes more affordable, hemp clothing will slowly, but surely begin to occupy a modest portion of the textile market, maybe 10-20%.

The use of hemp food products is more of a cultural issue. I myself have found some products to have an unpleasant aftertaste, however I haven't tried roasting. In fact, I think I will try that tomorrow for dinner, hemp hearts with brown rice.

OfflinePsilo_Subliminal
Delta
Male

Loc: Dagobah
    #11230426 - 10/11/09 11:18 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Tea said:
Quote:

MisterMuscaria said:
Still, defend your POV.

Not everybody goes to doctors. There is a large sector of folks who get herbal treatments from their local healthfood stores and self medicate. These folks who self medicate for other things should be able to get their cannabis at the herb counter as well.
It is a PLANT, a cure all with many health benefits. Why do you want to restrict it's use to people that use the flawed health system?

Like someone said.....if your not a dumbass with your drug use, you dont need to worry about the law. And if you move to cali, worst case senerio is a $50-100 ticket :rolleyes:

Then you can use your cannabis, and also have a source of income for millions of good hardworking people, and out of the hands of the federal government :shrug:

if you think this will keep it out of fed hands, your perception of federal potential/desire is throughly mis-guided.

--------------------
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."

Offlineshivas.wisdom
בּ
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Turtle Island
Re: I hope weed stays illegal [Re: Compass]
    #11230444 - 10/11/09 11:22 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Well, also the fact that (excepting the US, land of the free) industrial hemp is legal in every other developed nation in the world.
The biggest change that would happen with legalization would revolve around the marijuana plant- people getting high. I see no reason why previously established growers/suppliers, with a good reputation, would lose customers if marijuana was legalized- the only ones in trouble are the shitty dealers we all hate.

--------------------

InvisibleMnboardin
Stranger
 User Gallery

#11230488 - 10/11/09 11:28 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Tea what are your thoughts on other scheduled drugs? Should they remain illegal forever as well?

--------------------
:hamletmonkey:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale