Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineCoheed88
Amateur Failure
 User Gallery

Hey Id help thanks
    #11223140 - 10/10/09 10:34 PM (8 years, 8 days ago)

Hey guys, so i went down (or up) to the local gold course today, and basically picked what i could find, apart from all the ugly ones, and deathcaps.

Im going to off and take some pictures, and post each one at a time if thats ok. Cos its guna take me a while.

Ok so firstly, i thought id found amanita muscaria.

Habitat:  Under a small birch tree, in thick grass, damp soil. Close to carpark. edge of golf course.

Gills: Gills are white/cream. Extremely closely spaced and flappy. Look like pages of paper. Maybe 200-300 gills.

Stem: Creamy white to top. Whitey/grey to bases. Thick - approx 1.5cm in diameter. There is a white ring about 1/3rd down the stem.

Cap: Cap is Red, with white on the very edges. No spots as i expected, though a specimin closeby did have spots. (it looked cool so i left it). Smooth and rubbery, like leather. 3.5 inches in diameter.

Spore print color: Didn't get one. However, i used white not black, so one might assume that the spore print was white, although i could not see anything.

Bruising: No color change was observed.

Location: West Yorkshire, Uk. Day after rain. High ground. Golf course.

Pic - http://www.flickr.com/photos/coheed1988/

Habitat: Golf course, Medium length healthy dark green grass. Sloped. Off the green, nearby a wall. Only growing one side of 4 sided hill though.

Gills: Can't really see the gills, so i broke one open. Black gills inside.

Stem: White patches and brown patches up the stem. Id say light brown overall. Approx 1-2 inches in height. Fragile. looks like Straight to wok noodles. Some are bluish on the bottom.

Cap: Greyish brown. 5-10mm in diameter.  Shaped like a tea cosy, with a point on the top like a nipple.Point is darker than the rest

Spore print color: I got a poor spore print, but it looks to be light  brown.

Bruising: No observable bruising.

Location: West yorkshire. England, Uk. On a gold course, high ground. Day after raining.

Pic: http://www.flickr.com/photos/coheed1988/3999148987/

Apologies about the quality of the camera. It's my webcam and the room is poorly lit

Any help really would be helpful. Thanks guys. I collected about 15 different kinds, but these seemed to be the most interesting. I think i can positively ID Shaggy inkcap, destroying angel and bristletops. The rest don't seem particularly interesting atm (i.e not active).
Although.. there is a small orange coloured mushroom that smells of sugary flowers. Anyone familiar? I'll post information later. Found in same place. Also I found a lilac coloured mushroom looking similar to a blewitt and depressed cap

--------------------
You don't like yourself, but you admire yourself - it's all you've got, so you cling to it. You're so afraid that if you change, you'll lose what makes you special. Being miserable doesn't make you better than anyone else, it just makes you miserable..

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleIeponumos
Mycophile/Phytophile
Male User Gallery

Re: Hey Id help thanks [Re: Coheed88]
    #11223333 - 10/10/09 11:16 PM (8 years, 8 days ago)

1. Looks to be an Amanita with the warts washed off, possibly A. muscaria. Unfortunately, we will not be able to completely identify it. :frown: Next time, dig into the ground and remove the entire fruiting body. By ripping it off above the stipe bulb, you have made your intentions null and void. Also, all Amanita prints that I know of are white. EDIT: Judging by the host tree, I'll go out on a limb and say I still think it's A. muscaria.

2. I was going to say a Coprinoid mushroom judging by the black gills and brown print, but you say it has a bluish bottom? I can't recognise anything resembling the such in your picture. IF the second specimen is still wet, try to wrap it around your finger, if it breaks, it is not what you search for.

ANOTHER EDIT: Next time, please try to get a camera with macro focus features; it helps oh so much.

--------------------
]

Edited by Ieponumos (10/10/09 11:22 PM)

OfflineCoheed88
Amateur Failure
 User Gallery

#11223394 - 10/10/09 11:27 PM (8 years, 8 days ago)

hey man, sorry about cutting above the bulb. I was told to ensure that they regrow to do this. I could go back later today and check if there is another specimen, but i heard that A.M often only grow for a day aso before dying. Duno if this is bs.

The one i showed has no blue stem. Let me see if i can get another. EDIT: It is now not visible. Though i would describe it as looking similar to blue pen ink at the base of the stem. I seem to remember consuming some cubensis in Amsterdam that had blue on the stem. Duno if this is an indication of Psilocybin.

--------------------
You don't like yourself, but you admire yourself - it's all you've got, so you cling to it. You're so afraid that if you change, you'll lose what makes you special. Being miserable doesn't make you better than anyone else, it just makes you miserable..

OfflineIcelandicSojourn
Monist in Training
Male

Loc: Valleys of the Natives
    #11223445 - 10/10/09 11:37 PM (8 years, 8 days ago)

Yes, it's an indication of psilocybin.  Can you post more/clearer pics of the second mushroom??

I can't really confirm or deny A. Muscaria on the first.

--------------------
Ne me parlez plus de politique
Je veux sauver ma vie    :peace:

Edited by IcelandicSojourn (10/10/09 11:39 PM)

OfflineCoheed88
Amateur Failure
 User Gallery

#11223540 - 10/10/09 11:53 PM (8 years, 8 days ago)

i shall try. Does it matter even if theres no blue?

--------------------

OfflineCoheed88
Amateur Failure
 User Gallery

#11223556 - 10/10/09 11:57 PM (8 years, 8 days ago)

Guys, really sorry about my webcam it sucks! I cant get my aunts samsung digital camera to work on my pc. But these were the best pics of a bad bunch :frown:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/coheed1988/3999148987/in/photostream/

--------------------

Edited by Coheed88 (10/11/09 12:01 AM)

OfflineLuckOfTheFryish
Hi! I'm Fry!
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW Canada Flag
    #11223604 - 10/11/09 12:05 AM (8 years, 8 days ago)

blue bruising does not always mean active and actives dont always bruise blue

--------------------

InvisibleShockValue
Because, ShockValue.

Loc: Tipping at windmills.
Re: Hey Id help thanks [Re: LuckOfTheFryish]
    #11223643 - 10/11/09 12:10 AM (8 years, 8 days ago)

I wouldn't be confident saying "those are" for sure since the pictures are really rough, but the nipple and overall shape suggests they might be Psilocybe semilanceata.  Can you do a spore print?

--------------------
  • When we built temples to view the stars, we knew about all 2000 of them.

OfflineCoheed88
Amateur Failure
 User Gallery

Re: Hey Id help thanks [Re: ShockValue]
    #11223696 - 10/11/09 12:18 AM (8 years, 8 days ago)

Yeh mate i did one. It was brown. But only on half the side did it print. Ill get a pic.

EDIT: it was less than half a side, basically 4 gills printed. You cant see it thanks to my camera. But.. i would describe it as a coppery to greyish brown

--------------------

Edited by Coheed88 (10/11/09 12:22 AM)

InvisibleShockValue
Because, ShockValue.

Loc: Tipping at windmills.
    #11223751 - 10/11/09 12:27 AM (8 years, 8 days ago)

Well if it's brown, then I dunno what it is :shrug:

--------------------
  • When we built temples to view the stars, we knew about all 2000 of them.

OfflineTime Ed
Mycolover
Male User Gallery

Loc: lost in Spaceeeee
Re: Hey Id help thanks [Re: ShockValue]
    #11223821 - 10/11/09 12:38 AM (8 years, 8 days ago)

Dude you really need better pics cause you may or may not have Psilocybe semilanceata or Liberty caps I'm not making an ID but they do seem to have characteristics of a  Psilocybe. The problem is your pics are blurry, Also try uploading them to the shroomery. It may be some work but it may be worth it

--------------------

OfflineCoheed88
Amateur Failure
 User Gallery

Re: Hey Id help thanks [Re: Time Ed]
    #11224262 - 10/11/09 01:46 AM (8 years, 8 days ago)

i cant really get any better pics. The cameras is just poor. It shows good detail far away but the libs are too small to do far away pics. One last shot..

I tried uploading but having some difficulty - i think ive reached a limit.

--------------------

Invisiblekoraks
    #11225029 - 10/11/09 05:52 AM (8 years, 7 days ago)

Quote:

Coheed88 said:
i cant really get any better pics. The cameras is just poor. It shows good detail far away but the libs are too small to do far away pics.

Undoubtedly, the camera isn't too good. However, if you'd shot these with better lighting (e.g. broad daylight...), motion blur would have been way less and it would most likely be possible to ascertain if these are liberty caps. They look like them to me, btw, but with these pics, it's difficult to be sure. However, if they exhibit blue bruising on the stems, then I wouldn't know what else they could be.

OfflineCoheed88
Amateur Failure
 User Gallery

Re: Hey Id help thanks [Re: koraks]
    #11225477 - 10/11/09 10:41 AM (8 years, 7 days ago)

in re to the last post. Those pics were with a lamp about 5cm from the mushrooms. Ok, on a tipoff from some random stoner i gave a lift home to from work, i got a location, that went as following:

"Come out of *******, then go up the big hill, and then on your left hand side theres a giant telegraph pole. We collected about 1600, me and my mates"

20 quid in petrol, 3 hours later, and a random guess at 5 miles away from where it was described, i found the so called "Christmas tree field"

Hope these are libs, because if they aren't i wasted a lot of time crawling around on all 4 in swampy fields, getting cut on barbed wire and wading through cow shit for nothing.

And if they aren't libs i'd be really surprised. I've spent the last 2 weeks or so trying to learn about different mushrooms, and i'm actually fairly proud i threw a lot of mushrooms away, that 2 weeks ago id have thought were active.

However, before i get onto the libs, by request, i went and got the other suspect A.muscaria.

Heres a pic: (Apologies for Flickr, i cant get shroomery picture uploading to work)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/coheed1988/sets/72157622436912301/

--------------------

OfflineTime Ed
Mycolover
Male User Gallery

#11226022 - 10/11/09 01:11 PM (8 years, 7 days ago)

I am not experienced in Libs but I believe you should see some noticable blue bruising. And #2 does LOOK like A. Muscaria

--------------------

OfflineLuckOfTheFryish
Hi! I'm Fry!
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW Canada Flag
Re: Hey Id help thanks [Re: Time Ed]
    #11226148 - 10/11/09 01:41 PM (8 years, 7 days ago)

i hope you showered after that adventure.dont want mad cow disease or swamp disease in those barbed wire wounds

--------------------

OfflineCoheed88
Amateur Failure
 User Gallery

#11226645 - 10/11/09 03:33 PM (8 years, 7 days ago)

Hey guys, So basically, i just decided this is what i would do, without doing any research:

Took 60% and dropped them in my sink with luke warm water to get rid of the bugs. This didnt work and thousands of bugs swimming round. So i turned on the hot top and the all died :frown: - Except the ones with their fire suits on! Then basically i put them on metal foil and have left them in the oven. Oven has been preheated and switched off, so they arent cooking.

The other half, i left in my box with creepy crawlies all over them, just incase the hot water destroyed the psilocybin. Not sure if it does (here google might have come in handy)

Since putting in the water, the yellow creamy heads have mostly turned to dark brown. Although some that i picked were already dark brown. Hope they are same species.

I also have a few i was not sure about, of which there are some pics. Theres basically 4. 2 large creamy capped mushrooms which look like larger versions of the rest, but with a less prominent nipple. There is then a peachy coloured one which smells like flowers. Im not going to say almond scented. But im NOT not going to say almond scented. The final one is like a purpley/lilac brown one similar to the suspected libs, yet it lacks the nipple. You can see in the pics.

Once more, sorry for Flickr. Ill get it sorted for next time. Any help with identing would be great. Thanks.

P.s amongst the "libs", were many many many small conical orangey/purple mushrooms. Same shape and gills as "libs", but without nipple. Sorry didnt pick up.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/coheed1988/sets/72157622563375624/

--------------------

Invisiblekoraks
    #11226648 - 10/11/09 03:34 PM (8 years, 7 days ago)

Quote:

Coheed88 said:
in re to the last post. Those pics were with a lamp about 5cm from the mushrooms.

Long story short: that's not good enough :wink: Daylight works better. A usable alternative is a dedicated photo flash light or a gas discharge bulb (500W or more; but you'll often run into color rendition problems with those). Tungsten light bulbs are just not very usable for snapshot photography, unless you really know what you're doing.

InvisibleIeponumos
Mycophile/Phytophile
Male User Gallery

Re: Hey Id help thanks [Re: koraks]
    #11228223 - 10/11/09 07:54 PM (8 years, 7 days ago)

I'm thinking maybe Psathyrella; it did have a brown print. EDIT: DO get a print from the others as well. Do it on foil.

--------------------
]

Edited by Ieponumos (10/11/09 07:55 PM)

OfflineTime Ed
Mycolover
Male User Gallery

#11229183 - 10/11/09 10:07 PM (8 years, 7 days ago)

I am reposting your picture on here so more people can see it. This is a much better picture

These are what Coheed88 is in question about
This is his picture on flickr

These do look like Libs but if you baked them you might as well toss them out. Heat kills the good stuff

--------------------

Edited by Time Ed (10/11/09 10:08 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification