Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineclosetgrower1
Stranger

BRUISING???
    #11208329 - 10/08/09 02:22 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

hi,

so heres the deal. i inoculated a mycobag with b+ spores. i saw the first sign of myc after 5 days. 3 weeks later the bag was 30% colonized so i decided to mix the bag and spread the myc, (ive since found out that i was probably better off waiting a bit longer before mixing, but hey its done now). i checked the bag 2 days later (yesterday), and i could definately see healthy looking myc reforming.

now i have blue/grey/black "myc" on several spots of the bag! Im hoping its bruising as there was no sign of a contam before i mixed the bag. ive tried to take a photo but cant really get a decent pic.

does this sound like a likely explanation or should i start to worry??

also i should add that there is no odd smell coming through the filter patch, just the usual earthy smell, and i am colonizing at room temperature.

has anyone experienced this after mixing a bag?

any help or info here would be much appreciated as this is my first attempt at growing and i really dont want it to fuck up!

cheers people

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineclosetgrower1
Stranger

Re: BRUISING??? [Re: closetgrower1]
    #11221318 - 10/10/09 02:58 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

nobody has experienced this???

Offlinedesertfungi
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: The West
    #11222245 - 10/10/09 05:50 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

It is highly likely that a contaminate be hiding in the center of a bag. Completely out of site for a while. Then you shake it and give it more points to grow from inadvertently. It sounds contaminated to me my friend. Sorry.

--------------------
Fighting microbial invasion one degree at a time.

OfflineBrennus
Student of Life
Male User Gallery

Loc: SE United States Flag
    #11228515 - 10/11/09 06:36 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

closetgrower1 said:
hi,

so heres the deal. i inoculated a mycobag with b+ spores. i saw the first sign of myc after 5 days. 3 weeks later the bag was 30% colonized so i decided to mix the bag and spread the myc, (ive since found out that i was probably better off waiting a bit longer before mixing, but hey its done now). i checked the bag 2 days later (yesterday), and i could definately see healthy looking myc reforming.

now i have blue/grey/black "myc" on several spots of the bag! Im hoping its bruising as there was no sign of a contam before i mixed the bag. ive tried to take a photo but cant really get a decent pic.

does this sound like a likely explanation or should i start to worry??

also i should add that there is no odd smell coming through the filter patch, just the usual earthy smell, and i am colonizing at room temperature.

has anyone experienced this after mixing a bag?

any help or info here would be much appreciated as this is my first attempt at growing and i really dont want it to fuck up!

cheers people

Black mycelium? Sounds like aspergillus niger (black mold). You'll really need to post pictures for anyone to give you an answer, but it sounds like your bag went bad. Sorry.

For future reference, the best time to shake/mix is at 20-30%, so you did nothing wrong there.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck