Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineIfoundweirdberries
Stranger
Please Help me Identify these
    #11221854 - 10/10/09 04:43 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Hello everyone long time lurker first time poster.  Ive been hunting for about a year now, mostly just taking in what I can in my spare time.  So its October here in the Northeast and there's a lot of rotting going on.  I found these while investigating strange music coming from the woods.  Turned out to be hunters (animal hunters).  After seeing what was making all the noise I headed back when I stopped and looked at the ground and found a little colony of these shrooms.  They looked like what Ive seen called "liberty caps"  and they resemble shrooms I have eaten and tripped on before.  Well I don't want to, or have anyone else take any chances on wrongly identifying these and I would like some experienced human input.  All thought and time is much appreciated.

Habitat:They were growing on a dead wet tree stump in a mostly pine area boarding an old field.  Northeast America

Gills:Gills are a white/off white color and are attached to the stem at the very top inside.

Stem:
About 1 to 4 inches long, hollow with slight curves, and are white.

Cap: Cap is about 1 inch across on the biggest. its a white to gray color, and a few look shiny as if they are wet. 

Spore print color:
Very important!  Iam waiting on a pending spore print atm. And I will post back as soon as its ready. 

Bruising:The mushrooms seem to bruise only very lightly to a slightly darker grey.

Other information:They have small but noticeable nipples on the center of the caps.  I found a small amount of very small new ones growing on a piece of wood I also kept.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLuckOfTheFryish
Hi! I'm Fry!
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW Canada Flag
Re: Please Help me Identify these [Re: Ifoundweirdberries]
    #11221868 - 10/10/09 04:46 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

not liberty caps. mycena sp. maybe? not active anyway. cool find though

--------------------

Offlinecyanophilus
ectosporium

Loc: Bay Area, CA
Trusted Identifier
    #11221910 - 10/10/09 04:53 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

liberty caps dont grow from wood, they grow in pastures in the tall grass (not from cow shit either)

OfflineIfoundweirdberries
Stranger
Re: Please Help me Identify these [Re: cyanophilus]
    #11221939 - 10/10/09 04:58 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Wow thank you for the quick responses, and now I know a little more about liberty caps.

OfflineIcelandicSojourn
Monist in Training
Male

Loc: Valleys of the Natives
    #11222043 - 10/10/09 05:15 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

You can find out all about lib caps on this site.  I just skimmed the post so I don't know if you gave an exact location.  Depending on where in Northeast America (I don't want to know), you might not be in a prime spot for them.  Doesn't mean they have no chance of being there.

--------------------
Ne me parlez plus de politique
Je veux sauver ma vie    :peace:

OfflineYou can all etibem
Stranger than strangest

Re: Please Help me Identify these [Re: LuckOfTheFryish]
    #11222404 - 10/10/09 06:19 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

LuckOfTheFryish said:
not liberty caps. mycena sp. maybe? not active anyway. cool find though

yeah, Mycena...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies