Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedesertfungi
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: The West
Possible Contamination with pics
    #11220623 - 10/10/09 12:35 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

So I have several tubs that are performing beautifully. However, I have one that is producing, straw  colonized very rapidly, and otherwise shows good signs of growth and production. BUT.... it has some strange problem causing the mushrooms to grow deformed. Abnormally large stems with small undeveloped caps that are very misshapen. All so far have grown to maturity with one exception. They seem to take longer and when they open, I have not seen any spores. Even after the vail fully breaks.
I have experience with this strain and this has been isolated. I cloned from a mushy on the last rotation and have been using this isolated strain since. However, this is the first time using this strain without going back to spore. I must again also mention that I have many more chambers that have the exact same strain in them and are not showing this same sings of odd growth.
My question is. Do any of you know what can be the cause of this. Should I remove this chamber from grow room?

--------------------
Fighting microbial invasion one degree at a time.

Edited by desertfungi (10/10/09 01:05 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedesertfungi
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Possible Contamination with pics [Re: desertfungi]
    #11220690 - 10/10/09 12:48 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Sorry guys. It took me a minute to figure out the attaching method for this forum. But here they are for what it's worth.

Note the odd curling right below the caps and the caps are oddly smaller than the fat stems. Some are grossly hollow and indented. Otherwise, no sign of contamination.

To briefly run down my proccess. This is pasturized straw with Jiffy seed starting mix (nothing else added due to already being balanced)with Golden Teacher.

--------------------

Edited by desertfungi (10/10/09 01:07 PM)

OfflineMycjunky
Stranger

Re: Possible Contamination with pics [Re: desertfungi]
    #11221344 - 10/10/09 03:03 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Lysol and various chemicals are known to cause mutations. If only one of your trays is doing it thats the only thing I can think of that may be causing it, very odd indeed.

Offlinedesertfungi
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Possible Contamination with pics [Re: Mycjunky]
    #11222184 - 10/10/09 05:43 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I thought of that. but against the best intentions, I have not cleaned with any chemicals in some time. In the grow room that is.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds