Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineMisanthropeMel
Stranger
Male

Inmate charged with homicide for cocaine overdose
    #11217175 - 10/09/09 07:01 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Prosecutors today charged a Green Bay man with reckless homicide for allegedly supplying the crack cocaine that a led to a Brown County Jail inmate’s death last month.

Dominic Sangraw, 19, was jailed Sept. 18 on outstanding warrants and allegedly gave James L. Brown, 21, an “8-ball” of cocaine sometime before a cellblock search on Sept. 21, according to a criminal complaint filed Friday.

It’s unclear how the eighth of an ounce of crack cocaine got into the jail, said Brown County Sheriff’s Capt. Jeff Sanborn.

Prosecutors contend that Brown swallowed the cocaine in a panic while correctional officers searched his jail housing pod. Brown’s cellmate told investigators that he noticed Brown was nervous while staff searched other cells. The cellmate said he heard Brown chewing something crunchy and then chewing something plastic before drinking two glasses of water.

The cellmate alerted jail staff when Brown started seizing a few minutes later, the complaint said.

Brown was taken from the jail by ambulance and went into cardiac arrest on the way to the hospital. Paramedics were able to revive him, but Brown again went into cardiac arrest at the hospital and died.

Toxicology test showed Brown died of acute cocaine toxicity. Investigators found a plastic bag in Brown’s stomach during an autopsy.

When interrogated by Brown County Sheriff’s detectives, Sangraw said he knew Brown before being locked up. Other inmates in the cellblock said Sangraw braided Brown’s hair while in jail.

Sangraw initially denied knowing about the drugs, but later said “It was my fault” and admitted to giving Brown the drugs. Sangraw said he didn’t receive any money for the drugs and believed Brown was going to sell the cocaine to other inmates or use it himself.

Another inmate said Sangraw went by the nickname Snoop and said he gave Brown the cocaine with the hopes of splitting any profits. Brown died a few hours after that conversation, the inmate said.

Sangraw faces up to 40 years in prison if convicted of the reckless homicide charge. He is due to make an initial appearance on that charge Tuesday.

www.greenbaypressgazette.com

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
Re: Inmate charged with homicide for cocaine overdose [Re: MisanthropeMel]
    #11217257 - 10/09/09 07:18 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Other inmates in the cellblock said Sangraw braided Brown’s hair while in jail.

:lol:

--------------------

OfflineDr.Myco87
Im a "Reader"
Male User Gallery

Loc: Land of the greedy! Flag
Re: Inmate charged with homicide for cocaine overdose [Re: Coaster]
    #11217782 - 10/09/09 09:19 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

WTF, at most he is guilty of distribution. Murder are you serious, murder implies that he knew that he was going to kill him, so he gave him the cocaine with the intent of killing him with it. No fuckin' way.

--------------------
"I don’t do drugs. I am drugs."                -Salvador Dali

"I’ve never had a problem with drugs. I’ve had problems with the police."                                          -Keith Richards

"Reality is a crutch for people who can’t cope with drugs."                                          -Lily Tomlin

OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Re: Inmate charged with homicide for cocaine overdose [Re: Dr.Myco87]
    #11217800 - 10/09/09 09:25 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Dr.Myco87 said:
WTF, at most he is guilty of distribution. Murder are you serious, murder implies that he knew that he was going to kill him, so he gave him the cocaine with the intent of killing him with it. No fuckin' way.

no ur only talking about 1st degree murder

--------------------

OfflineDr.Myco87
Im a "Reader"
Male User Gallery

#11217973 - 10/09/09 09:50 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Coaster said:
Quote:

Dr.Myco87 said:

Your right, but 2n'd degree couldn't apply to this situation as he didn't know he was going to kill himself and it wasn't a heat of the moment thing like heres the coke all of a sudden now that I'm mad so he can kill himself with it. I know what you're saying but this doesn't make sense at all. If they went after every dealer that sold somebody some pills that they OD'd and died from, well Baltimore would have less people in it. lol

--------------------

"I’ve never had a problem with drugs. I’ve had problems with the police."                                          -Keith Richards

"Reality is a crutch for people who can’t cope with drugs."                                          -Lily Tomlin

OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

#11218032 - 10/09/09 10:00 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

this law was made to prevent people from selling that is all

--------------------

Offlineaspore
myconaut
 User Gallery

#11218169 - 10/09/09 10:31 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

hmmmm....

Oh well.

--------------------

c        l        i      c        k        m        e

OfflinegrimR
hippiousmaximous
Male User Gallery

Loc: North America
Re: Inmate charged with homicide for cocaine overdose [Re: MisanthropeMel]
    #11218184 - 10/09/09 10:34 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

lmao I can just picture this
Quote:

MisanthropeMel said:

Prosecutors contend that Brown swallowed the cocaine in a panic while correctional officers searched his jail housing pod. Brown�s cellmate told investigators that he noticed Brown was nervous while staff searched other cells. The cellmate said he heard Brown chewing something crunchy and then chewing something plastic before drinking two glasses of water.

www.greenbaypressgazette.com

lol I can just picture a shakedown n this guy sweating his ass off with a mouthfull of crack chewing/crunching the shit out of it n then eating the bag  :xtc:

--------------------
- grimR

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
http://egolost.com 
"I am already given to the power that rules my fate. And I cling to nothing, so I will have nothing to defend. I have no thoughts, so I will see. I fear nothing, so I will remember myself."

- Don Juan teachings

Offlinehighdroponics
Professional Deadhead
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy Flag
Re: Inmate charged with homicide for cocaine overdose [Re: grimR]
    #11218309 - 10/09/09 10:58 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

If this guy is charged with this shit then bartenders and liquor store owners should be charged with people overdosing on alcohol.

--------------------
Dr :ronpaul: says to stop trying to treat the side-effects of big government and focus on the core issues. End the Federal Reserve/audit the gold reserves at Fort Knox, abolish the IRS, end all wars and occupancies, stop the building of an empire that will inevitably fail, and cut all unconstitutional federal programs. Put the power back in the peoples' hands by ending this nanny-state.

OfflineNobodyImportant
Stranger
Male

Loc: Jawjuh.
Re: Inmate charged with homicide for cocaine overdose [Re: highdroponics]
    #11218528 - 10/09/09 11:45 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

highdroponics said:
If this guy is charged with this shit then bartenders and liquor store owners should be charged with people overdosing on alcohol.

they are dude, I did a paper on it in highschool

BTW, IMO the officers searching were the ones responsible :kingcrankey:

OfflineDr.Myco87
Im a "Reader"
Male User Gallery

Re: Inmate charged with homicide for cocaine overdose [Re: NobodyImportant]
    #11219282 - 10/10/09 05:40 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

NobodyImportant said:
Quote:

highdroponics said:

they are dude, I did a paper on it in highschool

BTW, IMO the officers searching were the ones responsible :kingcrankey:

I don't know how they do things in GA but I've never heard of a bar or liquor store owner/worker being charged with the murder of a patron. I'd like to see a news article or something about this, it's all new to me, these murder for distro. charges.

--------------------

OfflineShroomerRoss
Male

#11221856 - 10/10/09 04:43 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

i dont get it. so if you buy pack of asprin and take 20 and die, tesco or walmart gets done for murder? whats the difference im confused

Offlineragingdrunk
Stranger
    #11222715 - 10/10/09 07:18 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

I don't know how they do things in GA but I've never heard of a bar or liquor store owner/worker being charged with the murder of a patron. I'd like to see a news article or something about this, it's all new to me, these murder for distro. charges.

Look up Dram Shop Laws. Pennsylvania has them and they are terrible. I work in restaurants and heard many stories of restaurant owners and their bartenders getting locked up for serving underage and visibly intoxicated people.

Offlinefeifen

Re: Inmate charged with homicide for cocaine overdose [Re: ShroomerRoss]
    #11223621 - 10/10/09 10:07 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

ShroomerRoss said:
i dont get it. so if you buy pack of asprin and take 20 and die, tesco or walmart gets done for murder? whats the difference im confused

No.. the difference is simply that asprin is completely legal and OTC and cocaine is illegal and can be deadly (but so can asprin)

Honestly the law is stupid. It's not the person who provided the drugs fault, it is the idiot who got caught with it / overdosed

OfflineDr.Myco87
Im a "Reader"
Male User Gallery

Re: Inmate charged with homicide for cocaine overdose [Re: feifen]
    #11224563 - 10/11/09 12:43 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

feifen said:
Quote:

ShroomerRoss said:

No.. the difference is simply that asprin is completely legal and OTC and cocaine is illegal and can be deadly (but so can asprin)

Honestly the law is stupid. It's not the person who provided the drugs fault, it is the idiot who got caught with it / overdosed

No, he's talking about alcohol, and the fact that bar-owners and liquor store workers can apparently be charged with murder for selling booze to somebody that dies from it. I really don't understand it at all, you get lung cancer after buying cigarettes at the same store for years and years, do the people who sold you cigs get charged many years later, and when McDonald's sells you a disgusting ass Big Mac every day and you have a heart attack at 50 and die, can McDonald's be charged with your death, it's all the same to me. People decide what goes into their bodies and are responsible for the good or bad decisions that they make, nobody else.

--------------------

Edited by Dr.Myco87 (10/11/09 12:44 AM)

Offlinepasucks
Stranger
Male

Loc: pennsyltuckey
    #11225371 - 10/11/09 08:03 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Dr.Myco87 said:
Quote:

Coaster said:
Quote:

Dr.Myco87 said:

Your right, but 2n'd degree couldn't apply to this situation as he didn't know he was going to kill himself and it wasn't a heat of the moment thing like heres the coke all of a sudden now that I'm mad so he can kill himself with it. I know what you're saying but this doesn't make sense at all. If they went after every dealer that sold somebody some pills that they OD'd and died from, well Baltimore would have less people in it. lol

Quote:

Dr.Myco87 said:
Quote:

Coaster said:
Quote:

Dr.Myco87 said:

Your absolutley right.  Here in Pennsylvania no matter what a drug deal resulting in death is never murder unless the dealer intentionally tried to kill the victim otherwise its always unintentional manslaughter and it fucking should be. Murder lol what a fucking joke don't do drugs its your fault if you die not the dealers unless he forced you to take them that is.... Point me in that dealers direction please!!

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Re: Inmate charged with homicide for cocaine overdose [Re: pasucks]
    #11226303 - 10/11/09 12:09 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Your absolutley right.  Here in Pennsylvania no matter what a drug deal resulting in death is never murder unless the dealer intentionally tried to kill the victim otherwise its always unintentional manslaughter and it fucking should be. Murder lol what a fucking joke don't do drugs its your fault if you die not the dealers unless he forced you to take them that is.... Point me in that dealers direction please!!

So if I buy a bottle of aspirin and eat the whole thing and die, should the cashier who sold it to me be charged with involuntary manslaughter?

edit:  Only if selling aspirin was a crime, per http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manslaughter

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale