Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinei am mookie
Stranger
shrooms in Louisiana
    #11218397 - 10/09/09 11:11 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

i just have a few quick questions.

first off i have taken shrooms numerous times, mostly when i was younger and enjoyed every experience. i recently moved from Philly/NJ area to South-eastern Louisiana. I was always told that shrooms are more abundant and/or grow all over the place in the south (im assuming because of the hotter, more humid weather).

back to my questions.
1. is it 100% true that shrooms (psilocybin grow in cow shit?
2. is it 100% true that the shrooms only come out at night? (i figure this is a myth, but i had to ask)
3. is there anything specific or anywhere specific (ex. in the woods, on a farm, etc) one should look for when hunting for shrooms?
4. after you locate shrooms and pick them, what do you wash them with?

i have never went looking for shrooms since i was never aware of anywhere that they grew. now i live around a bunch of farms and wooded areas, so i figured i would go out and at least look around. i know that no one can give any exact locations, and im not asking for that. im just simply asking for some suggestions.

thank you.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesvarog
psychonaut

Loc: PNW
Re: shrooms in Louisiana [Re: i am mookie]
    #11218442 - 10/09/09 11:22 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

1. Yes, some species grow in dung; you're probably thinking of psilocybe cubensis.
2. No.
3. Yes, it depends on the species you're hunting for.  You can look around this forum to find out what species grow in Louisiana, and then search to find out the habitats of such species.
4. Some people use a wet toothbrush to clean them off, but you can clean them any way you want; just don't use much water.

As far as suggestions are concerned, I'd imagine (although I do not know anything about hunting in Louisiana) that cow fields would be a good place to start looking; you'll probably find cubes.  You should check out this link: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/2263556/an/0/page/0

OfflineIcelandicSojourn
Monist in Training
Male

Loc: Valleys of the Natives
Re: shrooms in Louisiana [Re: i am mookie]
    #11218472 - 10/09/09 11:28 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

1. Psilocybe cubensis & Panaeolus cyanescens (the mushrooms you're probably looking for) are coprophiliac (dung-inhabiting) species, yes.  You can't just pic a mushroom from a pasture and eat it though.  Research these species.
http://www.shroomery.org/8461/Which-psilocybin-mushrooms-grow-wild-in-my-area
2. Myth
3. Cow fields.
4. Typically, you don't wash mushrooms because they absorb water.  I understand the want to wash them if they grow from dung, and I'm not sure how people go about this.  Wait around for that answer.

*svarog beat me to it.

--------------------
Ne me parlez plus de politique
Je veux sauver ma vie    :peace:

Offlinethelaughingman
Bulbous Poopaloid
Male User Gallery

Loc: Central WA
Re: shrooms in Louisiana [Re: IcelandicSojourn]
    #11218729 - 10/10/09 12:48 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

If your gonna eat the shrooms fresh then dont hesitate to wash with water, but if you want to dry them then you dont wanna do that. And I doubt your cooking with them, which is a primary reason not to use water when washing. I would think, if you wanted to make a tea with them, just wash um off real good and make a tea :smile:.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale