Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineKierkegaard
DreadHead
Male

Loc: Frisco
Tips for an aspiring mushroom hunter in the SF bay area, CA?
    #11217121 - 10/09/09 06:49 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Hey, I just joined this forum because the folks over at bluelight.ru suggested it as a source for all my mushroom hunting needs. I live in San Francisco and after browsing this site for a bit now know that our wild mushroom season is fast approaching and may already be upon us. I was wondering where would be a good hunting spot I could get to with public transit, what species are the most abundant down here, and how often I'd be able to find Amanita Muscaria in this area because I love them almost as much as psilocybin-containing shrooms (especialy with some sinicuichi :laugh:). Also, how long do spore prints stay viable, and how easy is it to grow shrooms from wild species assuming I try my hand at cultivating some cubensis first? Thanks!:mushroom2:

--------------------
"A man who as a physical being is always turned toward the outside, thinking that his happiness lies outside him, finally turns inward and discovers that the source is within him."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineIcelandicSojourn
Monist in Training
Male

Loc: Valleys of the Natives
Re: Tips for an aspiring mushroom hunter in the SF bay area, CA? [Re: Kierkegaard]
    #11217311 - 10/09/09 07:30 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Welcome to the Shroomery.

Quote:

I live in San Francisco and after browsing this site for a bit now know that our wild mushroom season is fast approaching and may already be upon us.

You can find the answers to most of your questions using the same search.

Unfortunately, giving locations is against the rules, and people aren't going to hand you their favorite hunting spots.

You'll probably want to research the habitat for the actives that grow in your area, and they can be located here:

http://www.shroomery.org/8461/Which-psilocybin-mushrooms-grow-wild-in-my-area

I don't know if the "true" Amanita Muscaria can be found in your area, but Amanita Muscaria variants are found worldwide.  Not sure how common they are in the Frisco area.

There is a cultivation forum for your other questions.

Happy hunting... and researching.

--------------------
Ne me parlez plus de politique
Je veux sauver ma vie    :peace:

OfflineKierkegaard
DreadHead
Male

Loc: Frisco
Re: Tips for an aspiring mushroom hunter in the SF bay area, CA? [Re: IcelandicSojourn]
    #11217578 - 10/09/09 08:34 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah I found the rules thread after posting this :blush:, thanks for the helpful answer though. I'll buy a book with psychoactive species in it and do an initial hunt a few days after it next rains!

--------------------
"A man who as a physical being is always turned toward the outside, thinking that his happiness lies outside him, finally turns inward and discovers that the source is within him."

OfflineIcelandicSojourn
Monist in Training
Male

Re: Tips for an aspiring mushroom hunter in the SF bay area, CA? [Re: Kierkegaard]
    #11217744 - 10/09/09 09:12 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Sounds good.  Psilocybin Mushrooms of the World is the typical one, but you may find ones more local.  Honestly, a lot of info can be found snooping around here looking at threads. :wink:  Exactly how much time you have to devote then becomes the question.  You're in prime area, though; you got that workin' for ya.

--------------------

Edited by IcelandicSojourn (10/09/09 09:14 PM)

Offlinequadracer
Porcini Hunter
 User Gallery

Loc: Here, Now
Re: Tips for an aspiring mushroom hunter in the SF bay area, CA? [Re: IcelandicSojourn]
    #11217997 - 10/09/09 09:53 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Get Mushrooms Demystified, read the forums here (including the rules and FAQ), and go out there and find patches in your area.  You will find mushrooms.  Learn from every one, even if it a mushroom you aren't looking for.

OfflineIcelandicSojourn
Monist in Training
Male

Re: Tips for an aspiring mushroom hunter in the SF bay area, CA? [Re: quadracer]
    #11218033 - 10/09/09 10:00 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

^^^

Oh yeah, of course, Arora was from your area.  He covers all mushrooms with great keys.  Almost 25 years have passed, and it's still the go-to book for people all over the world.

--------------------

Invisiblestrangefox

#11218047 - 10/09/09 10:03 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Kierkegaard said:
Yeah I found the rules thread after posting this :blush:, thanks for the helpful answer though. I'll buy a book with psychoactive species in it and do an initial hunt a few days after it next rains!

Good luck!

Edited by strangefox (06/01/11 05:27 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder