Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleTheFakeSunRa
your good friend <3
 User Gallery

Loc: Pelican Bay SHU Program
Superjail reminds me of Boiled Angel
    #11216828 - 10/09/09 07:42 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

http://www.adultswim.com/shows/superjail/index.html

http://www.mikedianacomix.com/mikediana/mikediana.html

Quote:

In 1994, underground cartoonist Mike Diana was thrown in jail for 4 days without bail on obscenity charges, for publishing, advertising, and selling his zine BOILED ANGEL. Mike was on probation for 3 years, terms included fines of $3000, no contact with minors, 1280 hours of community service, maintain full time employment, and at his expense, see a psychiatrist and take journalism courses at his own expense; AND no drawing for his own personal use... his home was subject to unannounced searches by local police to make sure he was complying.

On June 4, 1996, a ruling issued by Largo, Florida, Circuit Judge Douglas Baird declared Mike Diana's zines, Boiled Angel #7 and #ATE as obscene. The judge emphasized that he personally found Diana's comics "patently offensive." and stated, "The evident goal of the appellant's publication is to portray shocking and graphic pictures of sexual conduct so it will be noticed. If the message is about victimization and that horrible things are happening in our society, as the appellant alleges, the appellant SHOULD HAVE created a vehicle to send his message that was not obscene." Mike Diana was served with another 2 years of probation, including $2000 in fines, and the same probationary terms.

--------------------
What is this? It is a prolate spheroid, an elongated sphere in which the outer leather casing is drawn tightly over a somewhat smaller rubber tubing. Better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football.

-John Heisman

"I didn’t dive on one fumble because the way my leg was (positioned)," Newton told reporters in Charlotte on Tuesday. "It could have been contorted in a way. You say my effort? I didn’t dive down. I fumbled - that’s fine. That’s fine. We didn’t lose the game because of that fumble.”

-Scam Newton

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSmitington
Unidentified Flying Object
Male

Loc: Mushroom Kingdom
Re: Superjail reminds me of Boiled Angel [Re: TheFakeSunRa]
    #11216913 - 10/09/09 07:56 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

definitely.  Cool stuff

--------------------

OfflineNejinmy
Stranger

Re: Superjail reminds me of Boiled Angel [Re: Smitington]
    #11325710 - 10/26/09 06:42 PM (8 years, 26 days ago)

nice

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media