Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHydroSplash
Sporulating
Male

*B+ UPDATE* w/ questions...
    #11216675 - 10/09/09 05:13 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

The 1/2 pint BRF jars I inoculated last week are showing tremendous ropey action.  As it was my first time, I did make a few mistakes.  Lid holes were too small for needle, so I had to remove lids and do it the ole bare back way...lol and have a huge fear of contam but so far all five jars are colonizing!  I want to sterilize a needle, spore shaker, and water to make a syringe and had a quick few questions.
When wrapping the needle in aluminum foil, should the plunger be pulled out?  Should I have water in it, or the shaker? 
If shaker, should lid be tightened all the way?
I read somewhere a long while back to let the spores sit in solution for X amount of time before inoculating with them?  What about the gaping holes left by the syringe in the medical tape? Don't these defeat the whole purpose of the breathable tape or is all confidence in your verm layer?
Any and all advice appreciated.

--------------------
Currently building a library of edible/active strains, please see my Trade List
If you can help in this process, the please feel free to send me a :pm:
H.S.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShea25
Just some guy
Male

Loc: Westcoast Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: *B+ UPDATE* w/ questions... [Re: HydroSplash]
    #11216696 - 10/09/09 05:16 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Micropore tape is rubbish for PF jars you dont need it the dry verm barrier is more then adequate to keep things sterile

Are you trying to say you want to make a spore syringe ???

Edited by Shea25 (10/09/09 05:17 PM)

Invisibleanonjon
Partially Right

#11216702 - 10/09/09 05:17 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

HydroSplash said:or is all confidence in your verm layer?

Yes. Some people retape tho. I like to just thump the jar to make the verm settle back into the hole made by the needle.

--------------------
The above post is fictional, hypothetical, or downright nonsensical.

:moon:  :moon:  :moon:  :moon:    :moon:

OfflinePilzeEssen

Loc: USA
Re: *B+ UPDATE* w/ questions... [Re: Shea25]
    #11216710 - 10/09/09 05:19 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Shea25 said:
Micropore tape is rubbish for PF jars you dont need it the dry verm barrier is more then adequate to keep things sterile

better safe than sorry. use micropore tape.

--------------------
"The soul has greater need of the ideal than of the real. It is by the real that we exist, it is by the ideal that we live."

If you want to get a hold of me, my email address is in my profile. Just click on my screen name. I got banned from using private messages cause I didn't follow the rules... :frown:

InvisibleShea25
Just some guy
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #11216712 - 10/09/09 05:20 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

To make a spore syringe all I do is suck back some Iso in the syringe move it all around then expel then I boil water for 30 min then suck back the water in the syringe wait 1 min and expel into the sink then suck up more boiling water again wait 1 min then expel again do this 6 times on the last one just cap the syringe and let it cool down at room temp always for for me.. Also you can hold the needle to a flame until its red hot then keep the tip of the syringe in the flame and suck back a few bubbles of air it helps break up the spores when you shake them

OfflineHydroSplash
Sporulating
Male

#11216720 - 10/09/09 05:21 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Shea25 said:

Yes, making an Oak Ridge spore syringe.  Most holes are still covered in tape, un-punctured since I didn't use needle through tape.  The one hole that did stay gaping open has the fastest strongest growth-as if it is breathing the best.

--------------------
H.S.

InvisibleShea25
Just some guy
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: *B+ UPDATE* w/ questions... [Re: PilzeEssen]
    #11216723 - 10/09/09 05:22 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

If it gets wet its a problem its better GE when not used and totally not needed, Micropore tape isnt the cheapest stuff save it for other applications, its just not need for the Pf tek. And I have done may many many Pf grows to say I never felt the need to use it the dry verm barrier will always do its job if the jars are correctly made up. That and Micropore tape is a bitch to get off lids after its been in the PC I find

its not unusual that the hole that was not covered by the tape is doing best its getting better GE

Edited by Shea25 (10/09/09 05:36 PM)

OfflineHydroSplash
Sporulating
Male

#11216829 - 10/09/09 05:42 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Can too many spores be used in one syringe?
Does the syringe need to be stored overnight with spores soaking before inoculation?

--------------------
H.S.

InvisibleShea25
Just some guy
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #11216835 - 10/09/09 05:43 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Yes use minimal spores like I use 1/5 of a print to make a syringe. The more spores you use you start to work against yourself also let them hydrate for 24 hours.

You dont want dark syringes just enough to see a few speckles floating around spores are microscopic so what you think you see is one spore is actually a clump of many many many

Edited by Shea25 (10/09/09 05:45 PM)

Invisiblepo0dingles
0o0o0o0o0o0o0

#11216923 - 10/09/09 05:58 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Shea25 said:
Yes use minimal spores like I use 1/5 of a print to make a syringe. The more spores you use you start to work against yourself also let them hydrate for 24 hours.

You dont want dark syringes just enough to see a few speckles floating around spores are microscopic so what you think you see is one spore is actually a clump of many many many

Quite fucking true. Believe this man.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures