Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineroxiwally
teachmetoroxi
 User Gallery

Loc: Northern California
Man Arrested for UPS Psilocybin incident
    #11213308 - 10/09/09 04:31 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

http://www.richmondregister.com/localnews/local_story_275202231.html

A West Virginia man was indicted Thursday on a charge of first-degree trafficking in controlled substances for allegedly attempting to ship “magic mushrooms” from Richmond back to his home state.

Steve M. Cahill, 48, of Princeton, W.Va., could face five to 10 years in prison if convicted on the charge. Cahill is accused of attempting to ship two bags of psilocybin mushrooms to an address in Bluefield, W.Va., from the UPS Store in Richmond on July 20.

The return address on the package was a Princeton, W.Va. address, the same one listed on Cahill’s driver’s license from West Virginia, said Kentucky State Police Detective Dusty Hon, who testified at Cahill’s preliminary hearing in Madison District Court.

Hon said on Sept. 9 that a UPS manager in Lexington contacted police about the package the day after it was shipped.

Hon testified that an employee at the Richmond store had told police the package had a strange odor. The employee said the man who shipped the package claimed it contained candy and cookies, but the box was not the correct size for those items.

A police canine alerted on the box during a “package lineup” police conducted at the UPS shipping facility in Lexington, and the box was found to contain two bags of mushrooms weighing 118 grams each.

When police questioned Cahill about the package, Cahill told Hon, “You’ve got the right man,” but declined to answer other questions before requesting an attorney.

Cahill, who is free on bond, is represented by Richmond attorney Wes Browne.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Man Arrested for UPS Psilocybin incident [Re: roxiwally]
    #11213383 - 10/09/09 05:27 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

> A police canine alerted on the box

Sure it did... something fishy with their story.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offlineaspore
myconaut
 User Gallery

Re: Man Arrested for UPS Psilocybin incident [Re: Seuss]
    #11213474 - 10/09/09 06:24 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I believe that they could possibly train a dog for mushies, but I highly doubt they do. As they probably would be running off to sniff any fungi/mold with similar smells.

Weed is very unique, so I would guess easier to train the dog on.

1/2 LB in the United States Mail? What a fucking tard. Use FedEx, they KNOW your sending drugs and don't care.

--------------------

c        l        i      c        k        m        e

InvisibleFlop Johnson
Praise Skatballah
Male

Loc: TX
Re: Man Arrested for UPS Psilocybin incident [Re: aspore]
    #11213509 - 10/09/09 06:38 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

aspore said:

1/2 LB in the United States Mail? What a fucking tard. Use FedEx, they KNOW your sending drugs and don't care.

OfflineDr.Myco87
Im a "Reader"
Male User Gallery

Loc: Land of the greedy! Flag
    #11213580 - 10/09/09 07:05 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

aspore said:

Ummm no, he sent it using UPS. USPS is very different. And, I wouldn't use any private company to ship anything illegal i.e. FedEX or UPS. I don't know where you get your info that FedEx and UPS are these 2 totally different companies but from my experience the USPS is the way to go. Unless of course your shipping something the size of a freezer bag or smaller and say it contains candy and cookies and it only weighs a half pound and looks small as fuck. Not gonna work, throw some candy and cookies in with the mush, fuck. Idiots.

--------------------
"I don’t do drugs. I am drugs."                -Salvador Dali

"I’ve never had a problem with drugs. I’ve had problems with the police."                                          -Keith Richards

"Reality is a crutch for people who can’t cope with drugs."                                          -Lily Tomlin

OfflineShroomProphet
Grateful Dead to The Core
Male User Gallery

Loc: out on front street USA Flag
Re: Man Arrested for UPS Psilocybin incident [Re: Dr.Myco87]
    #11213749 - 10/09/09 08:01 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah any private carrier can open a pkg at any time! (USPS) the U.S. mail needs a warrant.  Ive read that people have trained dogs to hit on the smell of Mushrooms specific. Why do people think this is so far fetched? Dogs smell a million times better than we do. All all the trainers do is praise them for detecting a certain smell. And then again even if a dog is not trained to smell mush, the handler can misread a alert and search we all can understand this i would think. moral of the story don't get greedy!

--------------------

OfflineUnparalized
Young Cardinal
 User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: Man Arrested for UPS Psilocybin incident [Re: ShroomProphet]
    #11213965 - 10/09/09 08:52 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Moral of the story to me would be don't be an idiot... here's how i believe his thought process went; I want shrooms, but the only person i know that has them lives 400 miles away, so i will go there.  OK, i have them, but I'm too paranoid to transport them in my trunk...i know i will mail them to me. Should I use my address or a fake on?..i know i will use my other address as the return that way there's no way i can not receive the package. There boxed and ready...lets see, UPS or USPS, oh hell no not USPS that's the united states government, if i go in there they will arrest me for looking suspicious and call me Al Queida :P
"later on"  ...."um there, um,... candy and cookies (genius)" God i sure hope he bought that, i wish i bought that vacuum sealer from walmart,...shit!  "well officer, you've got the right (dummy) man"

--------------------
This Is All Just An Echo Of What Has All Ready Happened!

OfflineDr.Myco87
Im a "Reader"
Male User Gallery

Re: Man Arrested for UPS Psilocybin incident [Re: Unparalized]
    #11214041 - 10/09/09 09:12 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Unparalized said:
Moral of the story to me would be don't be an idiot... here's how i believe his thought process went; I want shrooms, but the only person i know that has them lives 400 miles away, so i will go there.  OK, i have them, but I'm too paranoid to transport them in my trunk...i know i will mail them to me. Should I use my address or a fake on?..i know i will use my other address as the return that way there's no way i can not receive the package. There boxed and ready...lets see, UPS or USPS, oh hell no not USPS that's the united states government, if i go in there they will arrest me for looking suspicious and call me Al Queida :P
"later on"  ...."um there, um,... candy and cookies (genius)" God i sure hope he bought that, i wish i bought that vacuum sealer from walmart,...shit!  "well officer, you've got the right (dummy) man"

LMFAO. Soooo true.

--------------------

"I’ve never had a problem with drugs. I’ve had problems with the police."                                          -Keith Richards

"Reality is a crutch for people who can’t cope with drugs."                                          -Lily Tomlin

InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Great Southern Land.
Re: Man Arrested for UPS Psilocybin incident [Re: roxiwally]
    #11214082 - 10/09/09 09:25 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Using his own address as the return addy was his downfall.

If he'd used a fake return addy and a fake name with his correct address he could have denied possession and there would be no way to prove it was his unless he left prints/DNA evidence on the box.

My tips for drug mail.

If you get mail for previous owners/renters, use their name on all drug mail.
When you receive your drug mail, don't open it.  Write return to sender on the package/envelope and leave it on your kitchen bench for a week.  The cops have to prove you have possesion, if they have intercepted they have to deliver it then raid you and catch you in possesion.  If it's unopened and marked return to sender, you are not in possesion.

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
[/quote]

OfflineCrack_Rocker
Cop Killer
Male User Gallery

Re: Man Arrested for UPS Psilocybin incident [Re: ShroomProphet]
    #11214108 - 10/09/09 09:30 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah any private carrier can open a pkg at any time! (USPS) the U.S. mail needs a warrant.  Ive read that people have trained dogs to hit on the smell of Mushrooms specific. Why do people think this is so far fetched? quote]

Because they just don't. Extra training costs extra money and police departments are looking for the cheapest solution. Shrooms are not very prevalent or profitable or a crippling social problem compared to the other main 5. Its the exact same reason they arent tested for in drug screenings.  All of this is pretty irrelevent though because drug dogs are just a free pass to have probable cause to search anything anywhere, the pig just claims the dog hits on what he wants to search. BTW this story has already been posted

--------------------
Legalize it? Fuck that I'd have to get a job!

Offline2859558484
Growery is Better
 User Gallery

Re: Man Arrested for UPS Psilocybin incident [Re: Flop Johnson]
    #11214127 - 10/09/09 09:36 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

MoeRon said:
Quote:

aspore said:

worst advice ive ever seen

--------------------

Offlineautographguys
ticketmaster
 User Gallery

Loc: NE
Re: Man Arrested for UPS Psilocybin incident [Re: 2859558484]
    #11214283 - 10/09/09 10:06 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

"""Yeah any private carrier can open a pkg at any time! (USPS) the U.S. mail needs a warrant.  Ive read that people have trained dogs to hit on the smell of Mushrooms specific. Why do people think this is so far fetched?"""

I think the US Postal service can open priority and express mail without a warrant in cases where the Postal Inspector believes there is a credible threat that the package contains dangerous material like bombs or drugs. The warrant only applies to 1st class mail.

Offlinesnoot
look alive ∞
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 45º parallel Flag
Re: Man Arrested for UPS Psilocybin incident [Re: Hanky]
    #11214769 - 10/09/09 11:43 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Hanky said:
Using his own address as the return addy was his downfall.

If he'd used a fake return addy and a fake name with his correct address he could have denied possession and there would be no way to prove it was his unless he left prints/DNA evidence on the box.

My tips for drug mail.

If you get mail for previous owners/renters, use their name on all drug mail.
When you receive your drug mail, don't open it.  Write return to sender on the package/envelope and leave it on your kitchen bench for a week.  The cops have to prove you have possesion, if they have intercepted they have to deliver it then raid you and catch you in possesion.  If it's unopened and marked return to sender, you are not in possesion.

they will setup a sting, where they will make you sign for the package, its hard to prove much without having you sign for it. USPS is the way to go for shipping anything illegal, like its been said UPS/FedEx can open your shit at ANYTIME for ANY REASON

--------------------

I am incapable of conceiving infinity, and yet I do not accept finity.
- Simone de Beauvoir -

Offlinekydelic
Stranger
Male

Re: Man Arrested for UPS Psilocybin incident [Re: snoot]
    #11214986 - 10/09/09 12:18 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Its the exact same reason they arent tested for in drug screenings.

Every drug test I have ever taken claims to test for mushrooms. Psilocybin and psilocin are metabolized and excreted so quickly, however, they can only really tell if you're currently tripping (that's not advertised as much, of course).

Quote:

Dogs smell a million times better than we do.

Not really

--------------------
http://flickr.com/photos/mycography - A collection of my fungal photography

Offlineoxalic32
Male

Loc: .
Re: Man Arrested for UPS Psilocybin incident [Re: kydelic]
    #11215002 - 10/09/09 12:20 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Isn't this old?

Invisiblecaphillkid
Coquus Boleti

Loc: Jet City
Re: Man Arrested for UPS Psilocybin incident [Re: kydelic]
    #11215092 - 10/09/09 12:33 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Every drug test I have ever taken claims to test for mushrooms. Psilocybin and psilocin are metabolized and excreted so quickly, however, they can only really tell if you're currently tripping (that's not advertised as much, of course).

Pee tests, yes, hair tests I don't think so.

Offlinehardcorekid83
hardcorekid
Male User Gallery

Loc: pittsburgh pa
Re: Man Arrested for UPS Psilocybin incident [Re: oxalic32]
    #11215177 - 10/09/09 12:48 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

oxalic32 said:
Isn't this old?

i think i read about it like a few months ago on here. i read it again though haha. i ship shrooms in the mail to my boy in cali. i vacuum seal and usps. well, i did it once. but i didnt have any problems with it.

Offlineaspore
myconaut
 User Gallery

Re: Man Arrested for UPS Psilocybin incident [Re: 2859558484]
    #11218199 - 10/09/09 10:36 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

wowitch17 said:
Quote:

MoeRon said:
Quote:

aspore said:

You are possibly true. I do not have much exp in shipping, but recieveing is different. I love whenever the UPS guy shows up, lets say that.

I fall into the group of thinking 'USPS' is the horrid, being govt. and all.

Come to think of it, I know worse advice though....

--------------------

OfflineDr.Myco87
Im a "Reader"
Male User Gallery

#11219530 - 10/10/09 07:21 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

aspore said:
Quote:

wowitch17 said:
Quote:

MoeRon said:
Quote:

aspore said:

You are possibly true. I do not have much exp in shipping, but recieveing is different. I love whenever the UPS guy shows up, lets say that.

I fall into the group of thinking 'USPS' is the horrid, being govt. and all.

Come to think of it, I know worse advice though....

You're not making sense, at first you say FedEx is the way to go to ship "drugs" and now you say, "whenever the UPS guy gets here I'm really happy", which one is it? Either way, private shipping companies are sketchy as fuck and to be honest I think the USPS is also, I know there are ways to get around it and the USPS is by far the better option if you are doing something like this, but I would never want to be caught doing something so stupid.

--------------------

Offlineaspore
myconaut
 User Gallery

Re: Man Arrested for UPS Psilocybin incident [Re: Dr.Myco87]
    #11223854 - 10/10/09 10:44 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I get my 'stuff' with UPS. I figured FedEX is the about the same kind of company, private shipping.

I figure USPS is bad, due to being government.

But as it is said above, private can search anytime, and government needs a warrant (supposedly)

I'm actually confused myself now, because I just got a package from Sporeworks, and it was send via USPS. The package had been visibly opened and then resealed with tape .

Does this look 'tampered' to you? I doubt sporeworks would waste time taping up a torn box, and just use a fresh one.

So I believe USPS did open this spore syringe from sporeworks.

This was on the 28th of Sept. 2009.

Sorry for confusion, i've recently also gotten into a mess of butane-hash...

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag