Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblenowwhoutthink
maybe im dreaming
 User Gallery

Loc: 805 Saint Cloud Road Mars
how the fug! do you pick mush and know for sure its not deadly??
    #11213893 - 10/09/09 08:36 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

now ihave had my share of mush...but from the hundreds ive seen in the dirt patches and shit just dont feel right with me??

how do you learn to know what you got is the real deal?:mushroom2:

do you need to know someone that has been doin it for YEARS?? or what?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBretdaniel
Heavy Vibes

Re: how the fug! do you pick mush and know for sure its not deadly?? [Re: nowwhoutthink]
    #11213903 - 10/09/09 08:38 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Get yourself a Identification book and go from there. All you need is the will to want to learn and some patience. :thumbup:

InvisibleDr. Siekadellyk
Look at the corruption!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Floating amidst nothing Flag
Re: how the fug! do you pick mush and know for sure its not deadly?? [Re: nowwhoutthink]
    #11213908 - 10/09/09 08:39 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

ID chart.

--------------------
-My ISO list-

-My trade list-

OfflineTheShroomanizer
Stranger-Danger

Loc: The Swamp
Re: how the fug! do you pick mush and know for sure its not deadly?? [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #11213923 - 10/09/09 08:42 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

patience. unfortunantly humans can not upload information directly to their minds and immediately understand.  Read books, Pick mushrooms and consistantly test yourself, ask for help on here, and the #1 rule, dont eat un-identified mushrooms, unless you wana kill yourself that is.

--------------------
Trading Prints

-Nature gave us one tongue and two ears so we could listen twice as much as we speak-

Invisiblenowwhoutthink
maybe im dreaming
 User Gallery

Re: how the fug! do you pick mush and know for sure its not deadly?? [Re: TheShroomanizer]
    #11214123 - 10/09/09 09:34 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

are id books reall that good enough???

--------------------

Invisibleslackophage
Misanthropist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattleish
    #11214131 - 10/09/09 09:36 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Most people start out by just wanting to ID the psilos. Then they realize there's much more to it than they initially thought.

Next thing you know, you've got 4+ field guides, and a gf who's complaining about the spore printing station on the kitchen table and how your grow-op is using up all her jars for making jam.

InvisibleYESSUP
In The Thick Of It
 User Gallery

Loc: SE Tex
Re: how the fug! do you pick mush and know for sure its not deadly?? [Re: slackophage]
    #11214358 - 10/09/09 10:24 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

slackophage said:
Most people start out by just wanting to ID the psilos. Then they realize there's much more to it than they initially thought.

Next thing you know, you've got 4+ field guides, and a gf who's complaining about the spore printing station on the kitchen table and how your grow-op is using up all her jars for making jam.

Amen Brotha!

I started the same way.. I knew I lived in an aria that held a bounty.. But where to start?

First stop was here "The Shroomery"  Then I picked up a few guides off line.. Got a game plan together and off I went.
I was lucky and hooked up with a couple members in my aria and with lots of luck a bit of book and internet knowledge and I was well on my way.
it took about 2 years to get the flow. Soon after I had located a number of fungus and had properly id'ed them.. Then to come here and post pics of the mushrooms I could not properly ID. Soon things fell into place even more..

The Shroomery ...(if you slow down and listen) is one of the best tools out there.. Sure you can get books and you can spend hours on end trolling the internet..But here is real time.. This sight moves so fast that one can stick up a good pic with a good description and all the good details and chances are your going to get a straight up answer to what you have found..

You take that knowledge and move on to the next problem...

Make up a sketch book and stick all the information you have learned from books,internet,self experience on that page. Draw the mushroom and basically make your own mushroom book from your aria. If you cant draw well take pics and print them out and stick them in your sketch book..

Start knocking down species/genus work on getting all the mushrooms properly id'd that grow in your aria...

Last but not least slowwwwww wayyyy downnnnn ..
When you get out in the woods or to your hunting spot stop everything your doing get in a comfort zone learn to re open your eyes and then see what jumps out to greet you:wink:

--------------------
Gut Feeling leads to anxiety, Anxiety leads to fear, Fear leads to anger,And anger leads to regret.

OfflineTheShroomanizer
Stranger-Danger

Loc: The Swamp
Re: how the fug! do you pick mush and know for sure its not deadly?? [Re: YESSUP]
    #11214581 - 10/09/09 11:05 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

2 best ID books, The National Audubon society field guide to north american mushrooms, and Mushrooms Demystified.  Mushrooms Demystified is a much larger book with more details IMO, but the audubon is a smaller more "field guide" size book easier to carry.

--------------------
Trading Prints

-Nature gave us one tongue and two ears so we could listen twice as much as we speak-

Invisibleslackophage
Misanthropist
Male User Gallery

Re: how the fug! do you pick mush and know for sure its not deadly?? [Re: TheShroomanizer]
    #11214646 - 10/09/09 11:19 AM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

TheShroomanizer said:
2 best ID books, The National Audubon society field guide to north american mushrooms, and Mushrooms Demystified.  Mushrooms Demystified is a much larger book with more details IMO, but the audubon is a smaller more "field guide" size book easier to carry.

Also, if you can find a guide that's specific for your area, those are great too. I've got a Mushrooms of the Pacific Northwest book that rocks, even has waterproof covers. :thumbup:

OfflineiPxPxFi
Stranger

Re: how the fug! do you pick mush and know for sure its not deadly?? [Re: slackophage]
    #11214904 - 10/09/09 12:05 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

sloowwww wayyyy dowwwnnn. ha. yessup is right. it takes me on average like an hour or more just to get through a 30 by 30 ft area of the forest. train yourself to scan everything in sight. any mushroom u find. even if its old or eaten all up by bugs, at least take a few good pics.

dont just learn the edibles or the actives, learn the deadly shrooms too just as much as u would the other two.

and learn all about there habitats. make mental notes or write it down if u have to of any place uve found a mushroom before, or would be an ideal place to find them. keep checking up on them. ull get to know your mushrooms better.

and yea the shroomery is a wealth of info on shrooms.

forums, old posts, closed posts, archives, gallery, all the links. all the ad banners. most everything on here is extremely helpful.

Invisibleslackophage
Misanthropist
Male User Gallery

Re: how the fug! do you pick mush and know for sure its not deadly?? [Re: iPxPxFi]
    #11214917 - 10/09/09 12:07 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I can't count how many times I've walked into the woods, saw nothing, turned around, and then found shitloads of stuff walking back the same way.

"Slow down" is great advice.

OfflineiPxPxFi
Stranger

#11214964 - 10/09/09 12:14 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

slackophage said:
I can't count how many times I've walked into the woods, saw nothing, turned around, and then found shitloads of stuff walking back the same way.

i agree. i recently wen ton a trip with sum non shroom user friends and they were like why are we walking back this way we're not gonan find anything?

wow were they wrong.

also dig. move grass so you can see wats beneath. roll logs over and stuff. ou'll have a better chance of finding stuff if you actualyl move things around some.

and if you can climb trees, theres almost always a wealth of mushrooms in the tree tops.

OfflineTwiztidsage
Fungal Databaser
Male

Loc: Seattle Flag
Re: how the fug! do you pick mush and know for sure its not deadly?? [Re: iPxPxFi]
    #11215345 - 10/09/09 01:12 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Psilocybin Mushrooms of the World by Paul Stamets in the essential field guide if you are only looking for actives.

The other two above mentioned are essential for any interest in other mushrooms, which I strongly advise.

Another good book with great pictures is Mushrooms of North America by Roger Phillips. It is coffee table style with many color pictures on every page.
Almost every picture is of a few stages of the mushroom, along with the gills and sliced vertically.

Offline2859558484
Growery is Better
 User Gallery

#11215737 - 10/09/09 02:09 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

slackophage said:

yea that happened to me in a field one time.... found a couple ounces of cubes on the way back. How the fuck I missed them the first time i'll never know

--------------------

Offlinewhoever
Stranger
    #11217234 - 10/09/09 07:14 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

iPxPxFi said:
climb trees, theres almost always a wealth of mushrooms in the tree tops.

like what?

OfflineiPxPxFi
Stranger

Re: how the fug! do you pick mush and know for sure its not deadly?? [Re: whoever]
    #11217550 - 10/09/09 08:26 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

whoever said:
Quote:

iPxPxFi said:
climb trees, theres almost always a wealth of mushrooms in the tree tops.

like what?

hell if i know. i just remember looking around at the canopy here the other day and was like fuckin a, mushrooms growing and sprouting high up out of like nearly every tree i passed. alot of them were white with flat round tops but i saw alot of jelly fungi as well as the other random mushrooms that ranged in color from orange to brown.

Invisiblenowwhoutthink
maybe im dreaming
 User Gallery

#11221619 - 10/10/09 04:00 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

well thanks for the helpful thoughts and tips..

i hope one day to beable to know what im looking for.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract