Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBatman124
Stranger
 User Gallery
First grow; a few mistakes, but mild success *so far*
    #11213450 - 10/09/09 06:09 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Say I inoculated 7 jars about 4 weeks ago, but in my careful procedure I accidentally murdered the spores by inoculating about 30 minutes after steam-sterilizing them. Out of 28 inoc points, only 4 survived, all in different jars. Say since then I'd lost two to green mold. These cakes would be taking forever to fully colonize. My question arises that one if one was about 90% colonized and the other was about 80% and the 90% one already has a pin growing down the side of the cake about an inch long, what should I do? Should I ignore this and let the process carry out until 100% in both, or pull them out, clean off the un-colonized substrate and dunk and roll?
2 cakes... weak first time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: First grow; a few mistakes, but mild success *so far* [Re: Batman124]
    #11213460 - 10/09/09 06:16 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

next time wait until the jars have cooled properly, honestly whats the rush.

www.mushroomvideos.com watch the pf tek videos and follow that exactly.

If your jars have got pins before full colinisation, somethings not right. Pinning  never usually happens until the mycelium cant colinise anymore, either the substrate is too wet/compacted or colinised by something else.

the ones that are still colinising should be left, make sure your not cutting off gas exchange by leaving the foil lids tightly on (whcih are only to stop water getting in your jars during sterilisation) those foil lids can be taken of complelty so your inoc holes are exposed.

The 1 with the pin i would birth that and remove the uncolinised portion.

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale