Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleburtonRebel
Male

free money or work
    #11210314 - 10/08/09 09:38 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

hey everyone,
I am posting this because i was recently hired for a part time job of 32 hours per week. 3 months ago i was fired from my previous job for unfair reasons. i applied for unemployment insurance and recieved my first check last week. Now the company i was previously with has to pay back pay for 2 months unemployment. My question is more opinion based than anything. my unemployment checks are about 240 a week and my new job pays about 360 not including taxes. I'm tempted to not take the job because once i start making more than unemployment, they will stop payments. as far as i know i have about $5,500 maximum benefits amount for 1 year and then after im eligable for another 6 months. What would you do?

--------------------
Wreck yourself before you check yourself

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleferrel_human
stone eater
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas Flag
Re: free money or work [Re: burtonRebel]
    #11210338 - 10/08/09 09:40 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

i'm getting 834 in unemployment benefits every 2 weeks. i;ve been laid off for 7 months and work is hard to find. i say fuck working if i'm gonna be making 300 a week. that shit is for suckers.

eventually i will have to work but for now its go with the flow.

--------------------
Nature is my church and walking through it is gospel. It tells no lies and reveals all to those who look, and listen, closely.
-Karode

InvisibleburtonRebel
Male

Re: free money or work [Re: ferrel_human]
    #11210714 - 10/08/09 10:26 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

ferrel_human said:
i'm getting 834 in unemployment benefits every 2 weeks. i;ve been laid off for 7 months and work is hard to find. i say fuck working if i'm gonna be making 300 a week. that shit is for suckers.

That is a shit ton of money for unemployment man, It must be nice. When i was originally fired and filed, i felt like my employer was gonna try to fight me all the way on it. I lost hope the checks would come and started searching and submitting resumes for jobs until i found one. it feels like the 32 hour a week sacrifice for such a marginal amount of money doesn't equate.. For some reason i can't seem to make up my mind. If you dont use all the money in your edd claim, does the money simply vanish or does it rollover into some type of account for future use with unemployment?

--------------------
Wreck yourself before you check yourself

Invisibleferrel_human
stone eater
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas Flag
Re: free money or work [Re: burtonRebel]
    #11210788 - 10/08/09 10:36 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

burtonRebel said:
Quote:

ferrel_human said:

That is a shit ton of money for unemployment man, It must be nice. When i was originally fired and filed, i felt like my employer was gonna try to fight me all the way on it. I lost hope the checks would come and started searching and submitting resumes for jobs until i found one. it feels like the 32 hour a week sacrifice for such a marginal amount of money doesn't equate.. For some reason i can't seem to make up my mind. If you dont use all the money in your edd claim, does the money simply vanish or does it rollover into some type of account for future use with unemployment?

well i worked in the oilfield and grossed 60k. so what i get now is no where near as much as when i worked.

i don't know if it dissappears opr what but i'm gonna milk it for all i can get.

--------------------
Nature is my church and walking through it is gospel. It tells no lies and reveals all to those who look, and listen, closely.
-Karode

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub