Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePilzeEssen

Loc: USA
Can someone please confirm these possible contaminations? W/Pics (Of course)
    #11209713 - 10/08/09 08:00 PM (8 years, 16 days ago)

im a noob, but i gotta post this because i dont want to fuck everything up.

my main problem is trying to figure out if these first 2 are cobweb mold or not. as for the second set of pictures, im damn near sure they're contaminated with cobweb mold. the green mold popped up in 2 or 3 of my 1 pint jars, and that was simple to pick out. cobweb is a bit tricky, hence my post. id like those who know their shit to help me out before i fuck up an entire 80+ jar grow.

these definitely look fucked:

IDK wtf is going on here, besides the obvious cobweb mold.

--------------------
"The soul has greater need of the ideal than of the real. It is by the real that we exist, it is by the ideal that we live."

If you want to get a hold of me, my email address is in my profile. Just click on my screen name. I got banned from using private messages cause I didn't follow the rules... :frown:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinePMasterPoo
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Can someone please confirm these possible contaminations? W/Pics (Of course) [Re: PilzeEssen]
    #11209809 - 10/08/09 08:12 PM (8 years, 16 days ago)

I don't see anything wrong with them?

I mean, you DO realize you are growing fungus, right?

OfflinePilzeEssen

Re: Can someone please confirm these possible contaminations? W/Pics (Of course) [Re: PMasterPoo]
    #11209828 - 10/08/09 08:15 PM (8 years, 16 days ago)

true. it just looks like different kind of "growth" in parts of the jars.

should i just let em go and see what happens? a contaminated jar (with micropore tape on the holes) wont contaminate other jars next to them, will they?

--------------------
"The soul has greater need of the ideal than of the real. It is by the real that we exist, it is by the ideal that we live."

If you want to get a hold of me, my email address is in my profile. Just click on my screen name. I got banned from using private messages cause I didn't follow the rules... :frown:

Invisibleslackophage
Misanthropist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattleish
Re: Can someone please confirm these possible contaminations? W/Pics (Of course) [Re: PilzeEssen]
    #11209864 - 10/08/09 08:22 PM (8 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

PilzeEssen said:

should i just let em go and see what happens? a contaminated jar (with micropore tape on the holes) wont contaminate other jars next to them, will they?

Looks like heavily rhzimorphic fungus to me.

If the jars are taped and verm'd properly, they won't infect each other. If you didn't follow proper syringe procedure (flaming between at least every jar, preferably every injection), then it could've contam'd the whole lot.

OfflinePilzeEssen

Re: Can someone please confirm these possible contaminations? W/Pics (Of course) [Re: slackophage]
    #11210661 - 10/08/09 10:19 PM (8 years, 16 days ago)

Quote:

slackophage said:
Quote:

PilzeEssen said:

Looks like heavily rhzimorphic fungus to me.

If the jars are taped and verm'd properly, they won't infect each other. If you didn't follow proper syringe procedure (flaming between at least every jar, preferably every injection), then it could've contam'd the whole lot.

i sterilized the syringe between every one of those first 10 jars. but the vermiculite layer got fucked up and it isnt fully packed so the top moves around. that could be it. i made sure not to make that mistake with the rest of the jars.

is rhizomorphic fungus bad? ive heard that before but cant remember if that just means the regular mycelium growth or something bad? sorry, stupid question but id be great to get that answered. i think im just going to let those jars go and see what happens :shrug:

--------------------

Edited by PilzeEssen (10/08/09 10:29 PM)

OfflinePMasterPoo
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #11211694 - 10/09/09 12:34 AM (8 years, 16 days ago)

I honestly don't think there's anything wrong with them.  Except for maybe number six.

OfflinePilzeEssen

Re: Can someone please confirm these possible contaminations? W/Pics (Of course) [Re: PMasterPoo]
    #11211831 - 10/09/09 12:49 AM (8 years, 16 days ago)

you talking about those last 2, right? thats the same jar, different sides.

i can see how the others might actually be ok, but that last jar sure looks pretty fucked. discoloration in a large part of the substrate. that one is getting tossed. im going to look through them again and spray some lysol in there.

--------------------

OfflinePMasterPoo
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #11211962 - 10/09/09 01:09 AM (8 years, 16 days ago)

I would try to keep chemicals as far as possible from the incubator/colonizing jars, but that's just me.  It's better to just leave them alone and see how it goes, there's not much you can do now.

Invisiblepo0dingles
0o0o0o0o0o0o0

#11217109 - 10/09/09 08:47 PM (8 years, 15 days ago)

I agree, if I were you I'd sit on them for another week or two. If you're worried they're contaminated because they don't look like your other jars, quaranteen them in a tupperware container and keep a vigilant eye on them.

Personally I think you're fine. It's possible your ratio of moisture to verm/flour is askew.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum