Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinestarstrike
Zen Master
Loc: USA Flag
Anti-Aging potential in Magic Mushrooms..
    #11208984 - 10/08/09 04:02 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Hello there I am new here, I wanted to talk about something that no one else really talks about nor have I really found any info on this on google or whatever...

I have been doing magic mushrooms now for about 3 years, and I have noticed I am actually healthier now then when I started doing them.  I have lost a considerable amount of fat and even gained some muscle, and people say I look younger and not my age, and that my skin looks healthy.

And really the only life style change I made was eating the magic mushrooms.  And when I really think about it, it could make sense.  magic mushrooms provides one of the most powerful biological forces in the universe - the hormone serotonin.

I have studied endocrinology in college, which is the hormonal system in the human body, and have learned that hormones interact with other hormones, in which such case that serotonin has the ability to release certain anti-aging hormones such as GH (growth hormone), and many others.

Over the years of doing magic mushrooms I have learned pretty much what they do to you, and im pretty sure they enable your ability to control your own yin and yang (aka life and death), or spirit if you wanna call it.  As a normal person not doing magic mushrooms or other psychedelic drugs that stuff just runs behind the scenes and you really cant control it, taking magic mushrooms enables you to control your own spirit towards life or death, that is if you have mastered that ability while on it, like I have.

Having high spirits all the time, or in other words "wanting to be with nature" will in turn release the fountain of youth - Growth Hormone, which will keep your physical form in much better physical shape to live its best.

And I strongly believe that this is what's going on with me and the mushrooms I have been taking.  I literally feel and look younger than I did 3 years before I started doing them.

Now we can also assume the opposite could happen to people taking mushrooms, in that it could open death to them more so than life.  But if you can control your ability of wanting to be with nature (or going towards the light constantly as some people say), this will in turn release anti-aging hormones such as GH.

Think about it, im sure we have all heard from other forum posts of people saying their experience with tripping on magic mushrooms, some say it makes you feel like a baby again, makes you feel new to the world, makes you feel like a god, reboots your system, etc..  All these things could be linked to the anti-aging potential in magic mushrooms.

The reason why we age to begin with is that over the years our bodies get tired of being with our regular patterns of life, in which our bodies then start releasing less hormones, less hormones means AGING will occur!  Nature is doing us a favor, and aging us so we can die and then move on.  Magic mushrooms enables us to ESCAPE our pattens of life and enter the realm of who you really are, which is just a spirit, when we escape our patterns we then have the ability to direct our spirit towards life (instead of our gradual decline towards death like how we are when we are normal).

I honestly believe magic mushrooms unlocks anti aging potential and someday the world will know this once scientists figure that out, heck I may prove to the world that when I am 85 years old I will still look like I am in my 30s, maybe not though, it's still too early to tell.  but from my experience with the mushrooms, anti-aging is possible with them if you know how to use them correctly.

Any thoughts?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineraymondthe3
Stranger
Re: Anti-Aging potential in Magic Mushrooms.. [Re: starstrike]
    #13087702 - 08/22/10 07:10 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

i find your theory fascinating, and i feel it to be true, they honestly do make me feel healthier

Invisiblejustaguy

Loc: Flag
Re: Anti-Aging potential in Magic Mushrooms.. [Re: raymondthe3]
    #13087756 - 08/22/10 07:22 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

:thumbup: good theory

deserves a sticky :sun:

--------------------

OfflinePunkSamurai
So Throwed
Male

Loc: IL Flag
    #13087867 - 08/22/10 07:46 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I also feel far more healthy then I used to. Dont really know how to explain it. Good post.

Offlinecircastes
Big Questions Small Head
Male User Gallery

Loc: straya Flag
    #13087881 - 08/22/10 07:48 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

You know I have big questions relating to aging. I know he's a bit of a loony but David Icke said because we're just holographic, mind-created beings, that aging could be a mind-created disease. He said there's even people who are aging much slower than most people and some who are not aging at all. Evidence? Well...

I've had strange experiences in sleep where I am apparently refreshed and feel all sorts of tingling over my body, usually ending in OBEs but sometimes not. Anyhow they happened successively for a week or so and when I went to see an associate of mine he remarked, "You look ten years younger!" ... quite a remark, considering I'm only 23.

Joe Dispenza who wrote Evolve Your Brain says a bit in that book about how aging is the result of 'improper protein production' or something about how the cells adapt to emotional needs and sacrifice nutritional needs. That means the cells die quicker, and there's less cells over time.

No offense to aged people but I think aging is atrocious. We go from such aesthetic beings in our youth to these almost deformed states. I hate seeing old people struggling down the street, and the personality, I think gets a little duller with degeneration of the brain. Unless the personality is somehow strong enough to survive and takes aging lightly, I find old people are a burden to have around. I'm talking 65+

--------------------
My solitude...
My shield...
My armour...

TESTED
WITH
FULL
FORCE

OfflineComaDivine
Student
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA
Re: Anti-Aging potential in Magic Mushrooms.. [Re: circastes]
    #13088245 - 08/22/10 09:15 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Serotonin is not a hormone, it is a neurotransmitter. There is a slight distinction.

Though I like the idea of youth-inducing mushrooms. I will let you know in a few years (only been doing them a year)

--------------------
:sun:

Offlinecircastes
Big Questions Small Head
Male User Gallery

Loc: straya Flag
Re: Anti-Aging potential in Magic Mushrooms.. [Re: ComaDivine]
    #13089187 - 08/23/10 03:33 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Serotonin is both a hormone AND a neurotransmitter, depending how and where the body uses it. I fink. There is, for example, lots of serotonin used in the gut relating to the digestive process, a completely unrelated function to neural transmission.

--------------------
My solitude...
My shield...
My armour...

TESTED
WITH
FULL
FORCE

OfflineKon-nect-id
All Together

Loc: USA Flag
Re: Anti-Aging potential in Magic Mushrooms.. [Re: circastes]
    #13089253 - 08/23/10 04:54 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

There's been plenty of mushroomheads out there...
They lived pretty average legnth lives.

Other than hoffman(one-hundred something) with the LSD, and Sasha(80 to 90 now?) with the Mescaline and tryptamine analogs.

Terence(Died in his 50's?) on the other hand, specifically liked shrooms...
didn't he die of glioblastoma multiforme? Brain cancer?

The best way to live a healthy life is to include SEVERAL alkaline based foods in your diet. Aren't psychedelics acidic compounds?

OfflineMoral Decay
ILLEST

Re: Anti-Aging potential in Magic Mushrooms.. [Re: Kon-nect-id]
    #13089502 - 08/23/10 07:58 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

well they certainly make me wanna be more healthier or smarter about life decisions, so therefore by doing that this is true for me

--------------------

OfflineJesusGreen
Silly Man
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Poland Flag
Re: Anti-Aging potential in Magic Mushrooms.. [Re: Moral Decay]
    #13089525 - 08/23/10 08:15 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I'm not sure if it's the serotonin that's found in some mushrooms or not, but I do agree with your point. The reason I'm not sure serotonin is behind it is because I experience this with 4-AcO-DMT, which turns into psilocin - but doesn't offer any of the other alkaloids in mushrooms. For weeks after taking it I feel happier, healthier, and my thoughts are much clearer, truly a healing experience.

Offlinesleep00
Stranger

Re: Anti-Aging potential in Magic Mushrooms.. [Re: JesusGreen]
    #13089583 - 08/23/10 08:55 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

There is a small amount of serotonin in shrooms but it gets broken down by MAO in the stomach. Psilocin mimics serotonin at its receptors, thus mimicking its action (in most cases depending on receptor subtype).

OfflinePrimalSoup
hyperspatial illuminations
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
Re: Anti-Aging potential in Magic Mushrooms.. [Re: starstrike]
    #13090134 - 08/23/10 11:43 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

I have been doing magic mushrooms now for about 3 years, and I have noticed I am actually healthier now then when I started doing them.

Absolutely - I was thinking about starting a thread about this topic.  I don't have a thorough explanation but the effects are profound and lasting.  I'm attributing it to enhanced brain function, BTW...  Mushrooms are truly food for thought. :laugh2:

Quote:

The reason why we age to begin with is that over the years our bodies get tired of being with our regular patterns of life, in which our bodies then start releasing less hormones, less hormones means AGING will occur!  Nature is doing us a favor, and aging us so we can die and then move on.  Magic mushrooms enables us to ESCAPE our pattens of life and enter the realm of who you really are, which is just a spirit, when we escape our patterns we then have the ability to direct our spirit towards life (instead of our gradual decline towards death like how we are when we are normal).

No offense, but that's not sensible.  Aging is in no way well understood, but by the same token it doesn't appear to be necessary at a fundamental level.  So anything that reduces or reverses whatever the process really is will be beneficial. 

Heavy regular dosing (which is what I do :grin:) is a metabolic stimulant.  My fitness stays at a high level even when skipping serious workouts - everything simply works better.

Regular tripping (done right) also reduces  stress levels, and stress apparently contributes to aging. 

Peace
-PS

--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Wheat Prep 2.0  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom