Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMykologist
Often too lazy to post...
Male

Loc: I'm still here...
Human Self-destruction
    #11207903 - 10/08/09 03:24 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

This is a thought I touch grounds with almost every time while I'm high or tripping, or even sober.

It's human self destruction man! Over the past thousand five-hundred years or so, we first forgot our responsibility to the earth. I know very few people who ever find peace in or even consider how beautiful our connection to the earth/universe is. Our egos have grown stronger; we began to think that we are our own beings, not the universe's beings. It's because society tends to shelter us from considering our mortality honestly. We all die, and everyone is afraid of death! unfortunately...

You may would argue that religion encourages us to consider our mortality, but I feel all organized religion has another agenda; to stay alive and spread. We need to remember how pitiful we are to stay humble; life is delicate and death is serious business!:lol: I mean, NOBODY know what happens! Besides, I believe any supreme force wouldn't give a damn about us individually; we should find hope in realizing how beautiful we are all interconnected. :japsmile: We need to feel as though we've found our OWN place after death in order to come to peace with it. We don't need to be feed that heaven/hell hogwash:mad2: It's more complicated that that I'm almost certain!

So the next thing society started taking from us was our ability to think independently. There are so many people, and all of us want to voice our opinion. That's fine, but humans are lazy, and we started accepting EVERYTHING "they" said as reality...fact...right/wrong. Sure, some of it's good advice! "Society" claims murder is bad; I'd agree. Society also creates a taboo on drug use and detachment. I disagree.

The last thing that was/is being destroyed is our spirituality. Nobody thinks for themselves or really engages is morally controversial activities. Nobody is ever forced to consider if what they are doing is right/wrong ACCORDING TO THEM. We've all accepted the views the collective human race has declared what we should but in our minds.

I think the psychedelic revolution is sorta a step in the reverse direction; regaining our spirituality, our free-will, and most importantly of all, our humility.

Please tell me I'm wrong. Is most of the world afraid to address supernatural/spiritual issues? Or does it only seem so bad because the media sucks...I just feel that I mostly associate with people who are somewhat spiritual themselves, or at least a bit daring and not afraid to gain a new perspective; be it drugs :wink: or a life-style change.

Or maybe this is just how it is. If enlightenment was easy, what would we accomplish in striving for it? maybe the universe isn't inherently shitty, just designed to be a challenge.
Anyway, just some thoughts I've been having lately. I kinda want to get more involved in this forum. I'm pretty big on philosophy.  :wave:
Myk

--------------------

Where would you rather be?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineFraggin
Multi-Faceted
 User Gallery

Re: Human Self-destruction [Re: Mykologist]
    #11207931 - 10/08/09 03:30 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Mykologist said:

It's human self destruction man! Over the past thousand five-hundred years or so, we first forgot our responsibility to the earth.

Who said we have a responsibility to the earth? Maybe the earth wants rivers of ligher fluid and mountains of plastic.

OfflineTheBalance
Boo! Duh.
 User Gallery

#11207995 - 10/08/09 03:41 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Is most of the world afraid to address supernatural/spiritual issues?

Its like it was written into our collective psyche:

You must wait for The One to pull the sword from the stone.:confused:

In the face of our own potential destruction...
A big part of extracting ourselves from this collective slumber is individually recognizing that we all are each The One.  IMO.
Challenging?  Yes and no.  Some are less rigid systems.

OfflineKickleM
A Dying Hope
 User Gallery

#11208384 - 10/08/09 04:31 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

Demonize the ego all you want, but what exactly is doing the demonizing if not the ego?
What exactly is the ego if not also a part of the universe?
There is no such thing as separation from all that is.
Humans are not separate from the Universe, and neither is any aspect of us, including the ego.

If you believe this, it's incredibly hard to believe that we're doing anything other than what the Universe intended. So good luck blaming the destruction of humans on anyone but the Universe.

--------------------
Being unable to make what is just strong,
we have made what is strong just. -- Pascal

Why shouldn't the truth be stranger than fiction?
Fiction, after all, has to make sense. -- Mark Twain

OfflineFraggin
Multi-Faceted
 User Gallery

Re: Human Self-destruction [Re: Kickle]
    #11208506 - 10/08/09 04:51 PM (8 years, 2 months ago)

As far as you feel your Self so close you are to the universe.
~ Manorama

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology