Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinepercy
Stranger
am i schizophrenic?
    #11205641 - 10/08/09 03:23 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

am I partly schizophrenic? I don't hear voices or have hallucinations but it is like i will stick my hand out and pull it in and the entire world around me goes in with it, it is like one idea or something will draw me in and draw many other things in with it and then th next thing I know I am feeling very scared/paranoid of aliens and what have you. maye i have an overactive imagination, but at the same time my sense of reality isnt strong, sometimes i will spend an hour trying to move an object iwth my mind, or think my neighbor is an alien.

but then a part of me is grounded enough in reality to not go off the deep end and be rational about it all, and even participate in it with humor, but this other part has all these symptoms, i dunno, any insight appreciated

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepercy
Stranger
Re: am i schizophrenic? [Re: percy]
    #11205646 - 10/08/09 03:24 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

when i say it isn't strong, it's like a part of it is very strong and part of it isnt strong and whenever I follow the part that isnt, i have all these weird thoughts... so I shouldn't follow it I know but sometimes it follows itself and i dont know what to believe

Edited by percy (10/08/09 03:27 AM)

Offlinepercy
Stranger
    #11205665 - 10/08/09 03:33 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

okay i am certain i'm not schizo after reading the thoughts / words of real schizo's, I think I am just deep in touch with imagination / overacive imagination, if i lost my rational self then I might get lost, while a schizo has lost / broken their rational self and hasnt found their way back yet

Edited by percy (10/08/09 03:51 AM)

OfflineSmitington
Unidentified Flying Object
Male

Loc: Mushroom Kingdom
    #11205807 - 10/08/09 05:02 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Could you give us some more information?

How old are you?

When did these symptoms occur?

Do you believe something triggered these symptoms?

Are you able to function in society (ie with people, at school, at work)?

You are right that it doesn't sound like schizophrenia, but you seem worried and what you describe does seems like something worth looking into.

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #11206004 - 10/08/09 06:13 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

percy said:
okay i am certain i'm not schizo after reading the thoughts / words of real schizo's, I think I am just deep in touch with imagination / overacive imagination, if i lost my rational self then I might get lost, while a schizo has lost / broken their rational self and hasnt found their way back yet

But you definately are something

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineNoteworthy
Sophyphile
 User Gallery

Re: am i schizophrenic? [Re: Icelander]
    #11206200 - 10/08/09 07:36 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

percy do you take many drugs these days?

--------------------

Offlinepercy
Stranger
Re: am i schizophrenic? [Re: Smitington]
    #11206225 - 10/08/09 07:44 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Smitington said:
Could you give us some more information?

How old are you?

When did these symptoms occur?

Do you believe something triggered these symptoms?

Are you able to function in society (ie with people, at school, at work)?

You are right that it doesn't sound like schizophrenia, but you seem worried and what you describe does seems like something worth looking into.

yep, I am 23 and the symptoms came in the last couple years, I'm not sure if I had a natural way of being like this or it was from taking mushrooms, maybe a combo of both, I am able to function, have a dog, a girlfriend and a job, but work from home in isolatioe, here is another part of my 'condition' tht may be related I am always addicted to something whether it is spending $$ or this or that, my mind is always feeding/obsessing about something..maybe I have ADD or anxiety or something

"percy do you take many drugs these days?"

nope I am off drugs the last year or so, i took shromos 2-3 years ago though

Offlinepercy
Stranger
    #11206241 - 10/08/09 07:50 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

maybe i am a bi-polar? the problem is every disease i look up i can read the symptoms and make them aplpy to me maybe i am like robin williams how his mind ialways active and even though he's funny, you know underneath it is coming from a place of psychosis... im like a kid in a candy store

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#11206257 - 10/08/09 07:55 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I think the best thing to do right now is to relax and except everything as it is. Man you have no idea how crazy "normal" people are. Almost everyone is hiding or not able to hide symptoms of all kinds of shit. I'm not saying don't continue your search but you may never really understand yourself and listening to so called "professionals" can really drive you over the edge. So relax as much as you can and take it slow. Remember that we all end up dead and so the worst that could happen is going to happen anyway. Good luck.

--------------------

Offlinepercy
Stranger
    #11206298 - 10/08/09 08:08 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

yeah i agree, the wolf in your sig says it too, with his honor and alertness, we are all dealing with our own 'conditions' maybe in a way it makes me feel special to have some kind of condition because it's like i belong to a club, weird as that is I bet it is pretty common, i bet if i went to three diffrent doctors, they would give me three different diagnosis, and since these things have a cross over any pill would probably do something,

"Almost everyone is hiding or not able to hide symptoms of all kinds of shit." yeah, just going out in the real world, everyone is driven by something, or running from something, it is scary to think of that no one is present, or responsible and are trapped in their heads/way of being..., if I want to be anything in life, I want to be alert, responsible, and present like the wolf in your sig

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#11206300 - 10/08/09 08:10 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

That's a trickster Coyote:laugh:

--------------------

OfflineNoteworthy
Sophyphile
 User Gallery

#11206387 - 10/08/09 08:40 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

If you would like to get in touch with social reality, keep yourself doing mental processes (maths, spatial, tactical, verbal, memory, etc), expressing yourself, and maintain your relationships, and keep a job that is worth it. I probably wrote these in descending order of success I have in this areas

--------------------

Invisiblec0sm0nautt
Male User Gallery
Loc: The Astral Realm
Re: am i schizophrenic? [Re: Noteworthy]
    #11206691 - 10/08/09 09:58 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

A lot of these "mental disorders" as we call them in contemporary Western civilizations were looked at as gifts in other cultures.

Shamanism has so many parallels to schizophrenia. I'm not saying your a schitzo, but you may be more in touch with your intuitive self, which transcends the rational ego mind. If you can harness this power and assimilate it into your waking reality, you may be able to benefit.

Invisiblemozhual
Amateur Omnologist
 User Gallery

Loc: New England
    #11206909 - 10/08/09 10:34 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

You could have a mild form of Depersonalization Disorder with Macropsia/mild hallucinations. Although the dissociation would be more so related with the physical world around you and not necessarily your self/body. I can't seem to recall anything or find anything on exactly what you are describing. One of the causes of this could be anxiety.

If this all seems to ring a bell you should consider seeing a therapist, but I wouldn't recommend going to a psychiatrist unless it gets worse or you find you self wanting to be completely rid of the symptoms.

Depersonalization disorder (DPD) is a dissociative disorder in which the sufferer is affected by persistent or recurrent feelings of depersonalization and/or derealization. The symptoms include a sense of automation, going through the motions of life but not experiencing it, feeling as though one is in a movie, feeling as though one is in a dream, feeling a disconnection from one's body; out-of-body experience, a detachment from one's body, environment and difficulty relating oneself to reality.

Macropsia is a neurological condition affecting human visual perception, in which objects appear larger than normal, and the subject smaller. It is the reverse of micropsia.

--------------------
"Nature is like a sculptor constantly improving upon her work, but to do so she chisels away at living flesh." H.K. Bloom

"Is God willing to prevent evil but not able? Then he is not omnipotent...
Is he able but not willing? Then he is malevolent...
Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him god." Epicurus c. 300 BCE

"When I brought up the fact that 'No drug is good or bad, they're all just A drug, what someone does with them determines the postive or negative outcome. Look at medicine, those are drugs' Reponse was that 'well medicine solves problems' well so does LSD." -Learningtofly

OfflineDiaboleros
Devil's spawn

Re: am i schizophrenic? [Re: c0sm0nautt]
    #11207303 - 10/08/09 11:49 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

c0sm0nautt said:
A lot of these "mental disorders" as we call them in contemporary Western civilizations were looked at as gifts in other cultures.

Shamanism has so many parallels to schizophrenia. I'm not saying your a schitzo, but you may be more in touch with your intuitive self, which transcends the rational ego mind. If you can harness this power and assimilate it into your waking reality, you may be able to benefit.

Yeah agreed, drugs simply re-activate a part of the mind because society has surpressed this very part of our mind, the imagination. Anyway I've been there, paranoid thoughts etc, it's just a stage, you'll get over it.

OfflineDiaboleros
Devil's spawn

#11207360 - 10/08/09 11:57 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:
I think the best thing to do right now is to relax and except everything as it is. Man you have no idea how crazy "normal" people are. Almost everyone is hiding or not able to hide symptoms of all kinds of shit. I'm not saying don't continue your search but you may never really understand yourself and listening to so called "professionals" can really drive you over the edge. So relax as much as you can and take it slow. Remember that we all end up dead and so the worst that could happen is going to happen anyway. Good luck.

Haha, so you can also see this how everyone has a crazyness isn't it fascinating? What's yours? I think mine is feeling unloved for no reason but I'm still trying to figure my crazyness out really.

InvisibleBand of Gypsys
Stranger

Loc: Mountains on the Moon
Re: am i schizophrenic? [Re: Diaboleros]
    #11207390 - 10/08/09 12:00 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I have a family member that is schizophrenic and it is no gift. When he is off medication he thinks he people are coming into his house and poisoning his food. They are reading his emails and listening to his voicemails. He has placed padlocks on all his doors, including closet, bedroom and bathroom. He is afraid to go home. He has to eat out because his food at home is poisoned. He kept everything in his car in pad locked toolboxes chained to the tie downs in his hatchback. Helicopters and cars following him.

This is no gift. I don't think many people really understand schizophrenia.

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: am i schizophrenic? [Re: Diaboleros]
    #11207405 - 10/08/09 12:02 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Diaboleros said:
Quote:

Icelander said:

Haha, so you can also see this how everyone has a crazyness isn't it fascinating? What's yours? I think mine is feeling unloved for no reason but I'm still trying to figure my crazyness out really.

My craziness is all over the place.

--------------------

Invisiblemozhual
Amateur Omnologist
 User Gallery

Loc: New England
Re: am i schizophrenic? [Re: Band of Gypsys]
    #11207425 - 10/08/09 12:05 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Band of Gypsys said:

Too true.

--------------------
"Nature is like a sculptor constantly improving upon her work, but to do so she chisels away at living flesh." H.K. Bloom

"Is God willing to prevent evil but not able? Then he is not omnipotent...
Is he able but not willing? Then he is malevolent...
Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him god." Epicurus c. 300 BCE

"When I brought up the fact that 'No drug is good or bad, they're all just A drug, what someone does with them determines the postive or negative outcome. Look at medicine, those are drugs' Reponse was that 'well medicine solves problems' well so does LSD." -Learningtofly

OfflineDiaboleros
Devil's spawn

Re: am i schizophrenic? [Re: mozhual]
    #11207505 - 10/08/09 12:18 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Band of Gypsys said:
I have a family member that is schizophrenic and it is no gift. When he is off medication he thinks he people are coming into his house and poisoning his food. They are reading his emails and listening to his voicemails. He has placed padlocks on all his doors, including closet, bedroom and bathroom. He is afraid to go home. He has to eat out because his food at home is poisoned. He kept everything in his car in pad locked toolboxes chained to the tie downs in his hatchback. Helicopters and cars following him.

I'd really love to talk to a shizophrenic person, I'm convinced there is a reason why they believe this, something really interesting happened in their lives that changed their belief system and made them go crazy. Have you ever tried to figure out why he believes people are after him?
Quote:

mozhual said:
Quote:

Band of Gypsys said:

Too true.

How do you know? Are you shizophrenic maybe? How can you know weather people understand it or not if you don't understand it yourself? Nice logic you got there.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order