Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesmokin427
 User Gallery

Is the psychedelic experience more real than me typing right now?
    #11206962 - 10/08/09 10:45 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I've been researching psychedelics for a while now, and I'm very interested two substances that are strongly related, but yet so different. I'm talking about shrooms and dmt. I've never tried either of them; weed is all I need right now. In researching both of these psychedelics, I found one very important thing in common with the two: loss of ego. I can't imagine what a loss of ego would be like, because I've never experienced it. But I had to ask myself, are our egos illusions, hiding something more important that lies beneath? This brought up even more philosophical questions, such as, is there actually another world, particularly a spiritual world, where we exist after we die physically?

Up until this point in my life, I haven't really questioned what happens to us when we die. I figured we just cease to exist and that's that. In fact, I have never embraced religion and never believed in an afterlife. But all this questioning started just recently when I saw a video on youtube, featuring Joe Rogan. He explains that there is something more real than being awake: asleep.

So anyways, with this post, I'm just looking for some general feedback and insight. Also, I have one big question for people who have experienced shrooms at a very high level, and maybe dmt:

When did you first experience something comparable to enlightenment? And is there a 'correct' time in life to experience this? I'm only 18 and I just dont know whether this is something I should try or save for later in life.

--------------------
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why you're here. You're here because you know something. What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad. It is this feeling that has brought you to me. Do you know what I'm talking about?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDr. Siekadellyk
Look at the corruption!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Floating amidst nothing Flag
Re: Is the psychedelic experience more real than me typing right now? [Re: smokin427]
    #11207015 - 10/08/09 10:57 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

ive come to the conclusion that even if these alternate perceptions of reality are real on a different frequency of the brain....our brains are the tool connecting us to it with the help of psychedelics ....when we die and wither away there will be no brain to connect us to any frenquency/dimension of reality and existence will cease to exist from your perspective IMO.....think of it as a computer being a "Brain" the "Internet" being a reality and "you" being the psychedelic ....you are the psychedelic controlin the computer "brain" to be able to connect the the "internet" which would be a dimension of reality" if the computer got smashed it would be impossible to get on the "internet" because that was the device used to connect to it.

--------------------
-My ISO list-

-My trade list-

Offlineskippyluvs
Always

Loc: Urth aka earth aka # 1 pi...
Re: Is the psychedelic experience more real than me typing right now? [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #11207274 - 10/08/09 11:45 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Dr. Siekadellyk said:
ive come to the conclusion that even if these alternate perceptions of reality are real on a different frequency of the brain....our brains are the tool connecting us to it with the help of psychedelics ....when we die and wither away there will be no brain to connect us to any frenquency/dimension of reality and existence will cease to exist from your perspective IMO.....think of it as a computer being a "Brain" the "Internet" being a reality and "you" being the psychedelic ....you are the psychedelic controlin the computer "brain" to be able to connect the the "internet" which would be a dimension of reality" if the computer got smashed it would be impossible to get on the "internet" because that was the device used to connect to it.

^ "IMO" that's too simple of an explanation.
Sounds like you are missing out.

And OP for many yes the psychedelic experience is more real than you reading this right now.

Invisiblenowwhoutthink
maybe im dreaming
 User Gallery

Loc: 805 Saint Cloud Road Mars
Re: Is the psychedelic experience more real than me typing right now? [Re: skippyluvs]
    #11207301 - 10/08/09 11:49 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

whos to say this reality is real??

--------------------

InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Is the psychedelic experience more real than me typing right now? [Re: nowwhoutthink]
    #11207356 - 10/08/09 11:56 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

neither experience is "real". its your mind/entire nervous system that is unreal or the source that makes the artificial divisions between real/unreal. of course, the mind is also unreal.

--------------------

Offlinedesiretoheal
Seeker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here
Re: Is the psychedelic experience more real than me typing right now? [Re: Bridgeburner]
    #11207392 - 10/08/09 12:01 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

everything is real..maybe not tangible, but real, including dreams, fantasies, death, life, alternate perceptions, ignorance, spiritual connections, and everything life has to offer

--------------------
If there were no rewards to reap,No loving embrace to see me through
This tedious path I've chosen here,I certainly would've walked away by now.
Gonna wait it out.
If there were no desire to heal The damaged and broken met along
This tedious path I've chosen hereI certainly would've walked away by now.
And I still may ... (sigh) ... I still may.Be patient.
I must keep reminding myself of this.

OfflineABR516
Stranger

Re: Is the psychedelic experience more real than me typing right now? [Re: desiretoheal]
    #11207437 - 10/08/09 12:07 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

why dont u do them and find out all the answers for yourself?

InvisibleDr. Siekadellyk
Look at the corruption!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Floating amidst nothing Flag
Re: Is the psychedelic experience more real than me typing right now? [Re: skippyluvs]
    #11207730 - 10/08/09 12:56 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

skippyluvs said:
Quote:

Dr. Siekadellyk said:

And OP for many yes the psychedelic experience is more real than you reading this right now.

Obviously:rolleyes: its just a theory im trying to simplify to an extent that we could understand it sort of.....existence and everything about it is so complex beyond what we know in our present conscience state at this moment that none of use could comprehend nor imagine some of the possibillities

--------------------
-My ISO list-

-My trade list-

Offlineskippyluvs
Always

Re: Is the psychedelic experience more real than me typing right now? [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #11207840 - 10/08/09 01:12 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Dr. Siekadellyk said:
Quote:

skippyluvs said:
Quote:

Dr. Siekadellyk said:

Obviously:rolleyes: its just a theory im trying to simplify to an extent that we could understand it sort of.....existence and everything about it is so complex beyond what we know in our present conscience state at this moment that none of use could comprehend nor imagine some of the possibillities

You made me smile inside :smile:

Offlineskippyluvs
Always

Re: Is the psychedelic experience more real than me typing right now? [Re: ABR516]
    #11207851 - 10/08/09 01:14 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

ABR516 said:
why dont u do them and find out all the answers for yourself?

^ This

Offlinesmokin427
 User Gallery

#11209421 - 10/08/09 05:12 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

thats my questions though!! these type of things are supposed to be deep experiences, and im asking you guys, if you could go back in time, would you wait a little bit longer to experiment? are these special drugs that should be used on special occasions? is it ok to travel to another world because I'm 18 and i want to trip?!

--------------------
I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why you're here. You're here because you know something. What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad. It is this feeling that has brought you to me. Do you know what I'm talking about?

Offlineoxalic32
Male

Loc: .
. [Re: smokin427]
    #11209455 - 10/08/09 05:20 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Edited by oxalic32 (12/19/10 09:15 PM)

InvisibleShad0w
In trouble again.
Male

Re: Is the psychedelic experience more real than me typing right now? [Re: smokin427]
    #11209546 - 10/08/09 05:35 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

smokin427 said:
thats my questions though!! these type of things are supposed to be deep experiences, and im asking you guys, if you could go back in time, would you wait a little bit longer to experiment? are these special drugs that should be used on special occasions? is it ok to travel to another world because I'm 18 and i want to trip?!

Do you want to eat shrooms or not?

YOU cant pass the buck on this one............

To answer your question : I wouldnt change my life at all.... good or bad......
  but, probably the only reason I can say that at all is -because- of psychdelics......... So, Take it as you will.

You cant base a descision that you have obviously attached some "weight" to, on..... some random person on an internet forum.

IF you DO ruin your life.... will it be my fault?

IF you DO become enlightened...... Do I get to be your guru? :grin:

You cant pass the responsibility of your own choices on to me.

Or, if you can, choose to give me all of your money, and then choose to eat some shrooms. :grin:

OfflineABR516
Stranger

Re: Is the psychedelic experience more real than me typing right now? [Re: Shad0w]
    #11209769 - 10/08/09 06:07 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

if i could go back in time? well i wouldve done them in high school instead of waiting until college....the earlier the better in my opinion, but with the constraint of high school being the earliest i would suggest anyone doing them.....but then again everyone is different and i would imagine that there's some 13 year old out there mature enough to do them right now

Offline420_psychonaut
altered states
Male User Gallery

Loc: San antonio TX
Re: Is the psychedelic experience more real than me typing right now? [Re: ABR516]
    #11209869 - 10/08/09 06:23 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

i say our minds are not fully evolved yet too comprehend reality,were shooting for something that we cant fully understand,so why bother?that's the reason i stopped my psych uses and Ive got what i needed from them,so i don't even bother with psychedelics anymore,only opiates and Maryjane till my time is done.But if u haven't experienced the broad world of psychedelia id say go for it just don't get to carried away with it like i did and become isolated wich turns into deppression.

--------------------
:vaped::jointsmile::bongload::ganja::jah:im what u might call a "pothead":potleaf::getstoned::gethigh:

Edited by 420_psychonaut (10/08/09 06:26 PM)

Invisiblepo0dingles
0o0o0o0o0o0o0

Re: Is the psychedelic experience more real than me typing right now? [Re: 420_psychonaut]
    #11210074 - 10/08/09 06:57 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Joe Rogan is a very funny and skilled entertainer, however he is incorrect: DMT has not yet been proven to be produced by the Pineal Gland. Strassman also agrees. Also, a lot of Rogan's info is influenced by McKenna. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Invisibleshowme
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Is the psychedelic experience more real than me typing right now? [Re: po0dingles]
    #11210212 - 10/08/09 07:23 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Thank you for this video. My friend needs to hear it.

ps. everything joe rogan said is right. Try psychedelics or miss out.

--------------------
Imagination is the organ of meaning.

Offlinesmokin427
 User Gallery

Re: Is the psychedelic experience more real than me typing right now? [Re: showme]
    #11210289 - 10/08/09 07:34 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

thanks for the feedback everyone. im in no rush to try them, but maybe sometime in the near future i can give shrooms a shot. thanks

--------------------

Invisiblepo0dingles
0o0o0o0o0o0o0

Re: Is the psychedelic experience more real than me typing right now? [Re: showme]
    #11219768 - 10/10/09 08:57 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

showme said:
Thank you for this video. My friend needs to hear it.

ps. everything joe rogan said is right.

WRONG.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder