Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Spirituality & Mysticism

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineastrogenic
Stranger
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
Crying..
    #11207008 - 10/08/09 12:55 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

You ever feel like when we cry and we get really sad over someone or something, that God is crying over people in the past as well? Like if I'm crying over the death of my father, at the same time, God is weeping over someone or something he/she loved as well and I'm not even aware of who or what that is.

To me, it makes sense.

--------------------
:1up: :regularshroom: :poison:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblec0sm0nauttM
Male User Gallery

Loc: NY
Re: Crying.. [Re: astrogenic]
    #11207076 - 10/08/09 01:09 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I think human beings are all aspects of a infinite mind, or creator. So, yes :smile:

Offlinewalkingeyeball
Dreamer
Female

Loc: SLC, UT
    #11211597 - 10/09/09 12:22 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Wow this post reminds me of how I haven't cried in FOREVER. Sometimes I really long to cry, because for me it's such a wonderful release of emotion....I feel really beautiful when I cry, it's strange. Every tear that falls feels like a drop of divine love or something. Afterwards you feel heavenly  :shineon:

--------------------
"We come from the stars
We have no ships
We travel from mind to mind
As you open your heart
We enter your body
As you open your heart
We enter your imagination
As you open your heart
We enter your dreams "

Offlinesatyr
אתה בעצמך יודע

Loc: Alpha Canis Majoris
    #11214470 - 10/09/09 12:46 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

astrogenic said:
You ever feel like when we cry and we get really sad over someone or something, that God is crying over people in the past as well? Like if I'm crying over the death of my father, at the same time, God is weeping over someone or something he/she loved as well and I'm not even aware of who or what that is.

To me, it makes sense.

If we are talking about the christian/judaic god, then yes, because this is apparently a very emotional god :lol:
If we are defining God as the ultimate divine creative force, without limit, beyond definition, and all encompassing, then no, there would be no reason for this force to cry, as crying is a purely emotional act.

--------------------
Looking for Astrophytum asterias specimens; have cacti for trade :pm:

Offlinepsilyguy
 User Gallery

Re: Crying.. [Re: satyr]
    #11216929 - 10/09/09 07:58 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

satyr said:
Quote:

astrogenic said:

To me, it makes sense.

If we are talking about the christian/judaic god, then yes, because this is apparently a very emotional god :lol:
If we are defining God as the ultimate divine creative force, without limit, beyond definition, and all encompassing, then no, there would be no reason for this force to cry, as crying is a purely emotional act.

all encompassing includes crying.

OfflineAlphaFalfa
imagine

Loc: 3 Seconds Ago. Flag
Re: Crying.. [Re: psilyguy]
    #11218547 - 10/10/09 01:53 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

hahahaha. cry baby....

Lol...just kidding..crying is emotional release its that simple.

--------------------
if you ever feel lost, just remember, life is not a journey, it is entertainment, all 4 fun...

OfflineOzekat
Cosmic Observer
Male

Loc: Kentucky
Re: Crying.. [Re: AlphaFalfa]
    #11224975 - 10/11/09 05:24 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Crying does feel heavenly. I love simplicity, primal urges.

I mean there are so many things to be grateful for in this world, let your ooze out and get over it.

You know?

peace

--------------------
Tension is who you think you should be. Relaxation is who you are.
- Chinese Proverb

:teleport:

:yinyang: Beauty & Simplicity

OfflineTrepiodos
Disgustipated
 User Gallery

Loc: Los Angeles County Jail
    #11227949 - 10/11/09 07:11 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I got kicked in the groin and then I screamed out, "God, that hurts."  I cried as if the weeping came from every corner of my being, every corner of the universe, as if God himself were immersed in the pain of my injured and battered seminiferous tubules, as if his tears were coming forth from my vesicles.

--------------------

And as things fell apart,
Nobody paid much attention...

- David Byrne, '(Nothing But) Flowers' from the Talking Heads' album, 'Naked'

Offlinesatyr
אתה בעצמך יודע

#11238700 - 10/13/09 12:43 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

psilyguy said:
Quote:

satyr said:
Quote:

astrogenic said:

To me, it makes sense.

all encompassing includes crying.

Of course it does, by its very definition it includes everything. But, this does not mean that this force cries, that would be impossible.
For it to cry, that would mean it would have to have descend into matter, into flesh, and into the realm of emotion. Once it does this, it is no longer "God", but human.
If we are to again believe that this force is all encompassing, then we are a part of this God, and all crying is done through us.
Lets make an example: Think of the ocean, it is all encompassing to everything within, the sunken ships, fishes, coral, and all other forms of marine life. For the fish the ocean is their "God", it contains everything they know within itself, they breathe it, it makes up their bodies, and it is that which they move through their entire lives. If we could ask a fish to explain water, it would explain it in the same way we would explain this force called "God".
The fish ponders the same as the OP, does "God" eat algae?  Does the ocean eat algae? In the mundane sense, of course not. But, in a certain mystical perspective, yes. Because the ocean and fish are integrated in such a way, we could assume that the ocean does eat algae.

To restate my first post, no, god cannot possibly cry in the way the OP stated. He cannot cry over a loved one, because he is the loved one, he is the crier, he is the tears, he is the emotion. But, he experiences the crying through the human, at the level of matter.

--------------------

Offlinepsilyguy
 User Gallery

#11239700 - 10/13/09 04:01 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

you just described the god you speak of as beyond definition. then you defined your god to work with your idea.

perhaps god is a being in the physical dimensions as well as any other dimension you believe he exists in (read: all encompassing). this would mean we are a part of god, but maybe a very small part. our universe could be one cell of many that make up gods body. if this were true then god could probably cry, but on a very large scale. god does not cry through us, because when our suns explode it would be like a pinprick to god.

Offlinesatyr
אתה בעצמך יודע

#11239921 - 10/13/09 04:37 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

psilyguy said:
you just described the god you speak of as beyond definition. then you defined your god to work with your idea.

perhaps god is a being in the physical dimensions as well as any other dimension you believe he exists in (read: all encompassing). this would mean we are a part of god, but maybe a very small part. our universe could be one cell of many that make up gods body. if this were true then god could probably cry, but on a very large scale. god does not cry through us, because when our suns explode it would be like a pinprick to god.

As I've said, the force I'm attempting to describe is a force which is beyond definition, and either of our attempts to explain it will fall miserably short, so there really is no point in either of us trying to do so.
Still, to stay on the point, a force that is beyond definition, beyond all limitation, no  beginning and no end, would be completely unable to cry. Crying implies limitation.

--------------------

Offlinepsilyguy
 User Gallery

#11240162 - 10/13/09 05:11 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

that doesn't even make sense. not being able to cry implies limitation. how does crying imply limitation?

Offlinesatyr
אתה בעצמך יודע

#11240374 - 10/13/09 05:44 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Again, lets assume that the creator of everything is a force that is without limit, beyond definition, no beginning, no end, yadda yadda.

This would be an absolutely eternal, divine force, present within all matter, all space, and is the essence of everything.
Now, if this force does exist, then what explains us? Ourselves, physical matter, light, rocks, trees, etc. For these things to exist, there must be limitation, this "God" must create a void within itself, a place where divinity/infinity is limited to a definable space. By doing this, this realm of matter and definition is no longer "god"(infinity, undefinable).

Now, in order to cry, to feel emotion, to shed tears, a body is required. This is limitation, this "god" must first descend into the realm of matter and definition before it is able to do this.

Now, perhaps I shall restate this from a different angle:
Can God cry? Yes and No.
Yes, in the sense that it must first descend into physical reality and join the land of definition, then it can partake of such experiences.
No, in the sense that once this force is defined, it is no longer undefinable(god).

There may be much confusion and an appearance of contradiction here, but such is the nature of trying to describe the indescribable. If this force we speak of encloses everything in itself and causes everything to be, then it also includes in itself contradictions. This is a force beyond polarity, beyond yes and no, beyond positive/negative.

--------------------

Offlineusulpsychonaut
Satanist
Male

Loc: Northland, New Zealand. Flag
    #11240845 - 10/13/09 07:12 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

While crying I have sensed the presence of All Father. I don't have much understanding of Father, what it would be like to have that kind of guidance, "you're OK" and "seek knowledge" is abut all I get from it. Though all out shedding bitter tears has occurred due to realizing the true impact of sudden separation and isolation, where Father is intentionally distant so that my soul can be deeply affected by intense pain. I think while lost in a valley of death, it is appropriate to acknowledge underworld mythical beings and the negative spiritual forces that influence me from outer space. I love emotions and tears now, it's fun watching a romantic movie, seeing these happy endings, recalling my own sad failures and feeling tears watering my cheeks. May I have some more cheese please.

--------------------
Hitler is beyond your conception to judge or criticize.

Offlineastrogenic
Stranger
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
    #11241034 - 10/13/09 07:44 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

God emotes.

Well, I think he does. There shouldn't be any uncertainty about it. I also think God cries when we do. And if he is all encompassing, then surely he has emotions just like you and I. You can tell when it rains and thunders or when the sun is shining away. He/She expresses himself/herself just like we do. Naturally.

For instance, imagine if the world were a more perfect place and we finally realized our potential as human kind. How would you feel? I might find myself crying each time it rains. I would finally be able to understand it. After all is said and done, we will finally have something we can share with God. The happiness of peace on earth. The crying could be out of happiness or it could even be out of sadness and the loud thunderous roar would be God's way of saying, "Let me down here!"

We're the one's with the key.

...As if he were to be the final incarnation of man. You ever seen a newborn baby cry? That's fucking anger. Obviously, this explains reproduction and why it's necessary, which is something that is possible because of nature only. I can't think of any other way to become human.

(Unless we start cloning ourselves.)

My first question was about people from the past. People that I'm not conscious of. What were the histories of these people? Chances are these histories were tragic. You ever found yourself crying at a movie or a book? It's a slight observation at the moment.

If we are one with God, I know tragic things have happened in the past that we weren't even aware of while keeping in mind the well known assumption that we were all one with God anyway. Then again, stuff like that only makes me dizzy.  :dead:  :stars:

--------------------
:1up: :regularshroom: :poison:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Scales

General Interest >> Spirituality & Mysticism