Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: DXM, Jimi Hendrix

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Anonymous

Soulmates (not for the faint of heart)
    #1120659 - 12/07/02 10:55 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

There are a variety of opinions as to whether we really have soulmates. As a true skeptic I have to rely on my experiences and keep an open mind. However, my experiences thus far have provided the evidence for me to think that such a case might be true, not absolutely true mind you, but true enough that I will think it is true until more data comes in and pulls the rug out from under my feet.

Here is a song that I think encapsulates or embodies what it means to be or to have a 'soulmate'. It is by Todd Rundgren (who else) and it is called, Mated.

Everyone asks

Are we some kind of lovers?

Everyone asks, what you're doing with me

I know this is not what they want
They're afraid you've been blinded
But I already know how it's going to be

If anyone should ask
Say we're mated
For as long as this life lasts
We are mated
Why else would you be here right now
And you know we'll still be here tomorrow

Nobody else..... understands what I'm doing
Nobody else..... makes me act in this way

And because they can't comprehend
What we mean to each other
They won't leave you alone
So you know what to say

If anyone should ask
Say we're mated

I hold you in my heart
'Cause we're mated
In a very special part
We are mated
Why else would I be here right now
And you know I'll still be here tomorrow

I see things far ahead, maybe light
Maybe beautiful children
I don't have words I'm thinking of
But it's way.... beyond... what they..... call......... love!

If anyone should ask
Say we're mated
We are mated
Why else would you be here right now
And you know we'll still be here tomorrow

If you have a soulmate life can be the most exciting adventure a person could ever wish for. If you don't have one, maybe you should.

Edited by Anonymous (12/07/02 11:02 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineLearyfan
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: Soulmates (not for the faint of heart) [Re: ]
    #1120757 - 12/07/02 11:46 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I believe we're all one soul and that we are made up of love.

I believe a "soul mate" is just someone who, because of the right circumstances is the best person to give you the experience of feeling more of what you are, i.e. love.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month: The Remaining Few - Painted Air

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #1120778 - 12/07/02 11:54 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

You peeps might get a kick out of this: I was talking to the venerable Plato over the phone a few days back and we got on the track of soulmates. I am attempting to reconnect with my perceived soulmate and Mr. Mushrooms suggested I send my beloved the book "One" by Richard Bach. I laughed heartily as I had sent her that book years before.

Go figure! (all praise Mr. Mush's 4th dimensional perception)

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Offlineupupup
guardian

Loc: George "I love Hitler" Bu...
Re: Soulmates (not for the faint of heart) [Re: Learyfan]
    #1120841 - 12/08/02 12:27 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I just had to say that john and yoko are the opposite of anything I would ever consider a good relationship to be. Have you checked out their scene besides what they handed you as very hip AD people? John said to many folks that he would die a violent death because he thought he killed Stuart Sutcliff. Yoko was into some weird magic shit and was heavily manipulating John. Whatever.....Check it out. I just read a book called "Lennon" by this dude who did some seriouse research. I fucked my whole opinion up about him and I used to condier him equal to Jesus, Buddha, (I used to put Ghandi in here but found out later that he was an avid wife beater).

ANYWAY, to the origina question.....

Yes, I belive in sould mates. I am particularly into a psycological version of what that may be proported by a one Harvill Hendrix. He wrote a book on it called "getting the love you want" and a subsequent version for single folks called "keeping the love you find."

In a nutshell- People create an image in their mind which can be viewed by what he calls the "imago". This is a outline of character traits both positive and negative of our main caregivers. It also encompases the shit socitey forced us to hide and aspects of oursleves that we wish we had. When we meet a person who fits within those certain and humanly personal outlines, we to "I feel like I have known you forever." and cannot imagine being without them.

Then the real fun begins but that is another story and I am not going to get into that unless forced.....

--------------------
Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have.

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Re: Soulmates (not for the faint of heart) [Re: upupup]
    #1120932 - 12/08/02 01:22 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Ghandi? A wife beater?  :crazy:

People create an image in their mind which can be viewed by what he calls the "imago". This is a outline of character traits both positive and negative of our main caregivers. It also encompases the shit socitey forced us to hide and aspects of oursleves that we wish we had. When we meet a person who fits within those certain and humanly personal outlines, we to "I feel like I have known you forever." and cannot imagine being without them.

Look up into Jung's anima and animus.  :wink:

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

Edited by Murex (12/08/02 01:32 AM)

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
    #1120965 - 12/08/02 01:40 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

:laugh: great post.
I too believe in soulmates, although i also believe we are all one, bound by love.  so i might believe there could be more than one soulmate.  but one that you find you can share your entire being with, and feel like you and she are of one....
Consummate Love.

I feel very lucky to share my life with whom i believe is my soulmate. she is my first love, and (although i try not to expect what my future will be) i believe the love of my lifetime. 

thanks for posting those soulwarming lyrics. :grin:

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

Offlineupupup
guardian

Re: Soulmates (not for the faint of heart) [Re: Murex]
    #1120981 - 12/08/02 01:52 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Ghadi yes...mmm ....hard to find that link but looking...fuck....anyway it was SA on why non-violence ultimatly ends up in the end supporting violence and it got way into who the old Mahatma was. I do belive however that his wife beating days were in his younger days since he was married to the same woman since he was 13 and all (you kept your hands to yourself since you were 13?) and Indian culture ...do I need to?

JUNG! Hurts my brain. Read his auto? Wacked, visionary fuck...

--------------------

OfflineAcacia
Rooster
Loc: What?Geo what?
    #1122055 - 12/08/02 02:32 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Very True, soul mates are a created relationship based on what we wish we had our what we know. I myself do not think that there is one person out there for anyone so maybe the best thing to do is just have recreational sex.............................. :wink: :grin: 

OfflineInsomniac
Stranger
    #1122342 - 12/08/02 05:23 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

This is an excerpt from "Autobiography of a Yogi" by Paramahansa Yogananda detailing a tribute from Kasturabai (Gandhi's wife) to Gandhi:

"I thank you for having had the privilege of being your lifelong companion and helpmate. I thank you for the most perfect marriage in the world, based on brahmacharya (self-control) and not on sex. I thank you for having considered me your equal in your life work for India. I thank you for not being one of those husbands who spend their time in gambling, racing, women, wine, and song, tiring of their wives and children as the little boy quickly tires of his childhood toys. How thankful I am that you were not one of those husbands who devote their time to growing rich on the exploitation of the labor of others.

How thankful I am that you put God and country before bribes, that you had the courage of your convictions and a complete and implicit faith in God. How thankful I am for a husband who put God and his country before me. I am grateful to you for your tolerance of me and my shortcomings of youth, when I grumbled and rebelled against the change you made in our mode of living, from so much to so little.

As a young child, I lived in your parents' home; your mother was a great and good woman; she trained me, taught me how to be a brave, courageous wife and how to keep the love and respect of her son, my future husband. As the years passed and you became India's most beloved leader, I had none of the fears that beset the wife who may be cast aside when her husband has climbed the ladder of success, as so often happens in other countries. I knew that death would still find us husband and wife."

Just another side of the story. Come to your own conclusions.

OfflineLearyfan
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: Soulmates (not for the faint of heart) [Re: Insomniac]
    #1122676 - 12/08/02 08:42 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Thank you. I knew that couldn't possibly have been true.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month: The Remaining Few - Painted Air

Anonymous

Re: Soulmates (not for the faint of heart) [Re: Insomniac]
    #1123066 - 12/08/02 10:50 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Well that probably proves he did beat her.  Abused wives often cover up for their husbands.

Just the other side of the story.  Draw your own conclusions. :wink:  :grin:

The fact is that even if Gandhi did beat his wife when they were young that could have been the thing that taught him that non-violence was the way.

Remember Gandhigee was only human, a great leader, but a human.

Cheers, 

Offlinebloo_sunshine
journeyman
    #1123740 - 12/09/02 03:05 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Anyone ever read anything about Twin Flames?

--------------------
I do not regret the things ive done, but those i did not do

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Re: Soulmates (not for the faint of heart) [Re: bloo_sunshine]
    #1124122 - 12/09/02 09:01 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I seem to have loved you in numberless forms,
numberless times,
In life after life, in age after age forever.
My spell-bound heart has made and re-made the
necklace of songs
That you take as a gift, wear round your neck in
your many forms
In life after life, in age after age forever.

Twin Flames
This is basically the other half of you. This is who we ALL search for in our lives, but more than likely our other half is on another astral level or even serving us as our spirit guide, waiting for us to learn life`s lessons and then return to them to join them as one.
The concept of a twin flame comes from the belief that at the time of creation, a soul comes forth and then splits, thus creating a male and female aspects of the same flame. The goal of each flame is to reunite and become one again. When you meet your Twin Flame it is like finally finding yourself. This is why we go through life searching and searching and basically what we are doing is looking for someone who is like us. We all want to know just how much we have in common with the other person. What we are doing is looking for ourselves and we won`t feel complete, even if we are already in a relationship, until we meet up with our other half to make ONE, to be complete.

http://star.goddess.tripod.com/twinflame2.html

http://www.cat2.com/tween/inspire21twinrays.html#1 Twin Ray

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Anonymous

#1124215 - 12/09/02 09:57 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Where can I find a soul mate?

Anonymous

Re: Soulmates (not for the faint of heart) [Re: Adamist]
    #1124278 - 12/09/02 10:34 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

That was great Adamist! :smile:

Anonymous

#1124284 - 12/09/02 10:36 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I do not know.

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny
    #1124607 - 12/09/02 01:02 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

i don't know about soulmates in particular, but for some reason there are poeple who have special meaning to you...

thats a bad way to put it, at the point you're at right now, there are poeple who's energy is extremely benificial to you, or who you for some reason have to interact with do to a higher power.

i've never been sure more than once, but on dxm one time i just hung out in this park all day tripping insanely because i couldn't figure out how to get out (a tiny tiny park, union square). then, i saw this girl in this crowd of people watching a performer. i watched her for a while, then i robo shuffled over to her, sat down near her (there weren't that many people sitting there so it must have looked hilarious) like i sat there trying to figure out what to say, i started with something stupid like the time or something, then without any other promting she started talking all this amazing stuff that i can't remeber about synchronisity and all that. it was a wierd fucking day. i lost her phone number and haven't seen her in a while, but i'm pretty sure for some reason or other she is somehow directly connected to me.

maybe a neighbor in the soul spheres or something.

anyway, i have other examples but that was the must dramatic.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

Offlineupupup
guardian

Re: Soulmates (not for the faint of heart) [Re: Learyfan]
    #1125151 - 12/09/02 04:09 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I can't find that damn link. It was part of a website that had something to do with ELF but has now dissapeared.

Not that movies are to be believed but didn't the movie "Ghandi" portray him tossing his wife out of thier house pretty roughly?

Off topic but we are talking about a culture that burns wives alive with thier dead husbands. Women in India are generally not held in high esteem by any stretch of the imagination and as in other asian countries as sometimes just outright killed when born...

--------------------

OfflineInsomniac
Stranger
    #1125258 - 12/09/02 04:47 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I found a site with a section relating to Gahndhi and his views about women's equality to men.
http://www.kamat.com/mmgandhi/mmgandhi.htm

This quote seems to apply here:

"Indian society is a male dominated one. Gandhiji has illustrated in his autobiography (The stories of my experiments with truth) how early in his marriage he too wanted to dominate his wife. He often said that paternal society is the root cause of inequality. In his book, there is a very touching chapter about when he asked his wife to clean a public toilet and the resulting conflict between him and his wife. He has written how ashamed he was of himself, and how he took care not to hurt her anymore for the rest of his life. Even though there was big gap between him and his wife intellectually, it did not affect their family life. He has said that Kasturba followed her husband more than was expected of her. Gandhiji followed Bramacharya (strict discipline of food, drinks, and of celibacy) from a very young age, but when his wife passed away, Gandhi grieved that without Ba, his life would have been meaningless. That was the bondage of his 62 years of marriage."

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Re: Soulmates (not for the faint of heart) [Re: Adamist]
    #1125552 - 12/09/02 06:14 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

With my 1st mushroom trip, I was looking in the mirrior and my features were becoming more femanine. I was then moved to tears because I felt that I missed this other part of me for so long. I don't know what this 'other part of me' was- a mate in another life or just my rejected feminine side.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: DXM, Jimi Hendrix

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology