Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> The Gaming Grotto

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Risen PC
    #11205592 - 10/08/09 05:02 AM (8 years, 16 days ago)

this game sure flew under the radar, never heard of it till today.  this is basically the german version of oblivion with a few twists.  its the same people who brought the gothic games to us. 

anyways its pretty much a must "buy" if you like RPG's and have a gaming pc.  also dragon age will be another good one to get.  the great thing here is if your waiting for dragon age, this is THE game to hold you over for another month.

also ive been seeing a few pirate threads here n there, so i must stress people really need to start BUYING these good games that deserve to be bought.  this is also one of the last few gaming companys that are halfway decent.

so i hope people go out and buy this game, they don't make very many games but they are usually pretty dam good.

--------------------
We were sent to hell for eternity :hellfire: Ø:omgawesome:h®
We play on earth to pass the time :foreheadslap:

Over-population the root of all Evil-brings the Elites Closer to the gates.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibletwo_rivers
mmm..
 User Gallery

Re: Risen PC [Re: makaveli8x8]
    #11212385 - 10/09/09 02:25 AM (8 years, 16 days ago)

The original 2 Gothic games were amazing.  Both of them are probably in my top 10 favorite RPGs of all time.  I feel like they were never really given much of a chance because they weren't as accessible as mainstream games.  In my opinion, that only made them all the more interesting.  Those games have such a gritty charm to them.

I just found out about "Risen" recently as well... I don't know how I never heard about it, but it sure as hell is a pleasant surprise.  I ordered the game online two days ago because my local gamestops didn't have it in stock and I'm kicking myself for not doing a digital download instead or paying for express shipping because it sounds like it's going to be right up my alley.

Here's a link to a pretty solid review I found.  It's funny because the reviewer gave the game a 6 out of 10, but if you read the content of the article, the game actually sounds very badass.  Take a look at the comments posted in response to the article too, that should give anybody who may be interested a better idea of what to expect.

I agree with you Makaveli8x8 that Piranha Bytes is one of the last few great RPG developers out there.  They aren't afraid to take risks and make a game that they want to make, rather than make what they think people will want to play.  Unfortunately, their games just tend to go right over the heads of mainstream video game journalists.

Come back and make an update after you've put some time into the game, I'd like to hear more about it while I wait.

--------------------
:kodama:

Save Shroomerites Anonymous!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> The Gaming Grotto